Should I be excited of the new iEdge card? How was your experience wit

Discussion in 'EDGE' started by badchilli, Oct 29, 2009.

1. badchilli
    OP

Newcomer badchilli Member

United States
    I heard the Edge card rocked (my friends loved theirs). I originally was going to buy it to replace my 3-year-old R4 card, but found out that they were all sold out of the Edge everywhere and not available so I came here, did research and got an Acekard2i (which I like a lot, nice gui(AKAIO) with frequent udpates).

Anyway, because the Edge seemed really popular, I'm curious why it was so popular? Current and former Edge users, why did you like that card so much?

Based on your experience, I might place a pre-order for the new iEdge card if it's seems like a worthy investment.

I'm assuming the Edge was like the R4, it just worked -- that it was simple to use, easy to update, and I guess a nice GUI? Great game support? Frequent updates? Maybe it just was the next step-up from the R4, with microSDHC support? I don't know, that's why I'm asking. =)

2. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    I like it because it's a budget CycloDS.

CycloDS is the best DS card AFAIK (except for DSi compatibility).

3. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    i loved my edge bulit incredbal excellent rom compablity

bulit very well but the iEDGE isnt out yet and it just works. the gui is very easy i like more options like my acekard 2i with AKAIO nicer gui there on ak2i the edge is very simple i wanna get a hands on iEDGE to see the update proces but i would go for it if you have the acekard 2i

4. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    My first flashcart was the edge and it was perfect, yeh i mean perfect

Ok so it took me less than a minute to set up, i got the hang of it in less than 10 seconds and it never gave me any problems ever

now u bought a M3i0 a few months ago and yes its great and has frequent updates and does have a great gui (sakura) but i still prefer my edge as its so simple, always works and autoboots which i dont know why some other cards dont do this as this is a great feature

I will be buying the IEdge no matter what anyone says and will be using this on my Dsi and my original edge on my lite so tbh my M3 will be useless

many people put the edge down as yes it is a clone but its more than that. it team didnt just make money and move on they have kept updating and now have a new card.

The edge should have more popularity as it is basically a cyclo but cheaer and without a few features which i personally dont even use on the M3i0

Rant over [​IMG]

5. Todderbert

Member Todderbert GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I love my Edge and enjoy giving them to people for their first cart. It is strong as hell, the build quality is top notch only comparable to the cyclo. It works with most games and homebrew. Best of all it is very affordable. I was going to buy a batch of the Acekard 2i s for christmas but I will be waiting to get these instead.

6. shinnyuuya

Member shinnyuuya GBAtemp Fan

Indonesia
    EGDE is my first cart and I love my EDGE [​IMG] . Why? because just put n' play [​IMG] .

7. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    i love the box and nice effort [​IMG]

i would get the new iEdge.. provided i can find a good deal

8. badchilli
    OP

Newcomer badchilli Member

United States
    Thanks guys for the replies. If you got more comments, keep'em coming.

You guys may persuade me to get another card.

9. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Have an EDGE card, excellent sturdy build quality and just good if you're in the mood for a simple GUI and good for if a friend who doesn't know how to use a flashcart properly has a simple GUI for them. Although I do prefer my M3 Real (With the features and the delicious sakura). Though I guess if it just comes down to playing games and you don't really care much for extra features an EDGE is an excellent low budget card.

10. azure0wind

Member azure0wind 7 years flew so fast.

Indonesia
    hmm....
    maybe because i like its menu and the save data in there never lost.
    anyway is iEDGE out yet? if it's already out then i will get one for myself [​IMG]

11. clumzy

Newcomer clumzy Member

Philippines
    EDGE is simple in design and features compared to other carts, but it does its job great, just being able to play backup games with minimal incompatibility ( hopefully on iEDGE those incompatibilities will be resolved )

GREAT Cart for a cheap price [​IMG]

12. game_player5599

Newcomer game_player5599 Newbie

United States
    Where can i buy iedge ???? [​IMG]

13. Todderbert

Member Todderbert GBAtemp Fan

United States
  14. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    [​IMG] THAT'S TOMORROW!!!

EDIT: Crap, it's delayed...

15. gringosam

Newcomer gringosam Member

United States
    What a load of crap, the only listed US reseller doesn't even carry the iEdge. China resellers carry it of course, but I was looking for a US geographic based one, there are too many things that can go wrong with an international order. I think modchipstore is us based, but they don't carry it, a few others like consolesource.com is Canada baesd, but you should check out http://www.dscardworld.com Seems like they have it in stock, and ship domestically.

16. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    This was pretty much my experience with EDGE, except my first DS got stolen with the EDGE card in it, and I just bought a new Crimson DS with M3 Real. I should have just gone with the edge again [​IMG]

and Gringogasm:

Clicky