Shortcut footage of Mario Kart 7

D

Deleted_171835

ron975 said:
A mod should add this code to the front post. It's the html embed code for the vid
~snip
Or you could add this.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KATlEoVk3Y[/youtube]

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I played this at GAMEfest and, not owning a 3DS myself, it was pretty good but I don't know how long the novelty of 3D on Mario Kart. Underwater was nice and different as is the gliding, but I don't really think it's enough. Everyone's played this game to death already (or at least, should have done) and I don't think Nintendo have done enough with this to make it different from the rest of the series.

It was only from 3 tracks though so I could be totally wrong.
ohnoes.png

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks alright I guess. I'm not a huge racing game fan, but the Mario Kart games are fun to break out at a party.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that they're calling this one Mario Kart 7, though, after not numbering any of the others? Apparently it is because Nintendo thinks that calling it Mario Kart 3D would hurt sales, but still; at least add a subtitle or something. ("Mario Kart: You Can Fly For Bits In This One")

D

Deleted_171835

Gahars said:
Am I the only one who finds it odd that they're calling this one Mario Kart 7, though, after not numbering any of the others? Apparently it is because Nintendo thinks that calling it Mario Kart 3D would hurt sales, but still; at least add a subtitle or something. ("Mario Kart: You Can Fly For Bits In This One")
81JId.png

Explains a lot, doesn't it?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, considering that they didn't call the second Mario Kart game for home consoles Mario Kart 2, or the third Mario Kart 3, or the fourth Mario Kart 4, etc.

When you establish a theme in naming your games (Mario Kart + System Name/Gameplay Feature), it sticks out like a sore thumb when you suddenly decide to break it.

D

Deleted_171835

Gahars said:
Not really, considering that they didn't call the second Mario Kart game for home consoles Mario Kart 2, or the third Mario Kart 3, or the fourth Mario Kart 4, etc.

When you establish a theme in naming your games (Mario Kart + System Name/Gameplay Feature), it sticks out like a sore thumb when you suddenly decide to break it.
Err, it was a joke.

Nintendo said that themselves in a faux-interview video.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soulx said:
Gahars said:

Err, it was a joke.

Nintendo said that themselves in a faux-interview video.

Whoops

Didn't see the video, and tone is a tad bit difficult to discern over text. My mistake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I got this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDHC5MV