Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
With the only choice of shipping being express, I'm limited to products $3.40 or less... though there's not much on there now that flash carts are gone I want anyways, I had my eye on one of the DSi skins, or perhaps something else as a gift for somebody.

I'll wait a few days to see if non-express shipping becomes an option, otherwise I'll just order that USB sound card to use as a backup.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way for the community to resist besides finding other distributors? I fear that this may not be the end of GBAtemp's troubles.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
This is sad....I was gonna get a debit card (bank account) for myself next week and start shopping online for the first time in my life and ShopTemp looked like the best option for flashcarts, DS accessories etc...looks like my (future) bank account will get delayed till....no idea...

R.I.P ShopTemp, even though I didn't get to use it, I'm sure it was one of the best sites on the web.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
ConJ said:
So...Whats the best place to buy flashcards now that Shoptemp is dead?

RealHotStuff
shoptemp
Ndscardshop.co.uk
ishopvideogame
gamezway

the end is near for freedom for all the world.

be a rebel and buy one now if you haven't.

for soon...it will be a federal offense to even own one XD

I agree, the large majority of the world has already been brainwashed that there is such thing as a 'good' morality when it seems as if only people who create the laws benefit the most from us having 'good' morality.

What I don't get, when I was young, I bought tons of NES, SNES, N64, GBC... games. I had fun with a lot of the games and only a small portion of the games I didn't have fun with. Those games didn't take massive amounts of people to build these games nor the technology, the end result was the game itself and I still enjoyed them. Now gaming companies have developed and they are trying to squeeze every dollar to fund their super expensive team of game designers. Not to mention, a large part of today's games don't really interest me much anymore. So not only have I bought a $50 game, I didn't enjoy it. Not only did I not enjoy it, I can't get my money back. I literally have spent over a thousand dollars on games which some I never finished because it sucked.

My point is, they are stealing from us... (I don't want to get into a debate so I am just going to put that this is my opinion) and its actions like forcing shoptemp to close that allows them to do this.

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zetta_x said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
ConJ said:
So...Whats the best place to buy flashcards now that Shoptemp is dead?

RealHotStuff
shoptemp
Ndscardshop.co.uk
ishopvideogame
gamezway

the end is near for freedom for all the world.

be a rebel and buy one now if you haven't.

for soon...it will be a federal offense to even own one XD

I agree, the large majority of the world has already been brainwashed that there is such thing as a 'good' morality when it seems as if only people who create the laws benefit the most from us having 'good' morality.

What I don't get, when I was young, I bought tons of NES, SNES, N64, GBC... games. I had fun with a lot of the games and only a small portion of the games I didn't have fun with. Those games didn't take massive amounts of people to build these games nor the technology, the end result was the game itself and I still enjoyed them. Now gaming companies have developed and they are trying to squeeze every dollar to fund their super expensive team of game designers. Not to mention, a large part of today's games don't really interest me much anymore. So not only have I bought a $50 game, I didn't enjoy it. Not only did I not enjoy it, I can't get my money back. I literally have spent over a thousand dollars on games which some I never finished because it sucked.

My point is, they are stealing from us... (I don't want to get into a debate so I am just going to put that this is my opinion) and its actions like forcing shoptemp to close that allows them to do this.
Not to debate you, but they're not stealing from us at all. No one forces us to buy their products. If you don't like the games, then you don't buy them.

Also, it should be pointed out that as consoles become more powerful, most people expect a substantial jump in (at least graphical) quality. When they don't get it, the games are often dismissed as cheap cash-ins, which is sometimes true, and sometimes not. While I would happily buy older-styled games, most of the current gaming market will not. There is no excuse for downloading the games for free, no matter what spin we put on it. And that goes for myself, as well, as I've sampled games through download of ROMs quite a bit.

supercard_sensei

Trophies
XP
Country
oh shit I wanted to buy one of thoses beautiful scarfes that were on sale HERE ahahaha

shop temp owners must be really dumb to trust paypal (no offense but just common sense) as the only payment method..

if this shop was really based in China (No address or nothing is clearly shown anywhere) should just use another credit card processing company but they can't so they just say the shop has been closed down because they received a piece of paper.... this is just lies..they can't get the payments anymore that's the real reason why shoptemp is closed..... theyprobably have loads of money frozen on the paypal account

gbatemp used to have more than one advertisement before.....realhotstuf and others..why don't you get thoses back ? oh yeah you pissed them off and screwed them over by throwing them away that now they don't want to pay gbatemp anymore....ahaha funny funny

well no pity for shoptemp they are not too complained there are loads of flashcards shop that sales cheaper..just go to the source (aka china)..who can believe that shoptemp and gbatemp are not affiliated ?..the guys running shoptemp are the same that runs GBAtemp.... they just wanted a piece of the huge flashcard business cake

and to prove that I am right..my post will probably be deleted because some truth is not to be good to be said..whatever I'll scan/screen capture it

so long

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
supercard_sensei said:
and to prove that I am right..my post will probably be deleted because some truth is not to be good to be said..whatever I'll scan/screen capture it

so long
Actually people post shit like this all the time and it's never removed because the people here (including the users) already know it's not true and you're just making shit up because you're mad for some reason.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
supercard_sensei said:
oh shit I wanted to buy one of thoses beautiful scarfes that were on sale HERE ahahaha

shop temp owners must be really dumb to trust paypal (no offense but just common sense) as the only payment method..

if this shop was really based in China (No address or nothing is clearly shown anywhere) should just use another credit card processing company but they can't so they just say the shop has been closed down because they received a piece of paper.... this is just lies..they can't get the payments anymore that's the real reason why shoptemp is closed..... theyprobably have loads of money frozen on the paypal account

gbatemp used to have more than one advertisement before.....realhotstuf and others..why don't you get thoses back ? oh yeah you pissed them off and screwed them over by throwing them away that now they don't want to pay gbatemp anymore....ahaha funny funny

well no pity for shoptemp they are not too complained there are loads of flashcards shop that sales cheaper..just go to the source (aka china)..who can believe that shoptemp and gbatemp are not affiliated ?..the guys running shoptemp are the same that runs GBAtemp.... they just wanted a piece of the huge flashcard business cake

so long

I assume you have some proof or something? It's already been stated that the people who ran shoptemp had nothing to do with GBAtemp. GBAtemp just got a piece of the profits for being in the partnership and GBAtemp designed ShopTemp.com.... if you don't exactly have any proof in any of your claims, at least stop talking out of your ass and acting like your butthurt.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rydian said:
With the only choice of shipping being express, I'm limited to products $3.40 or less... though there's not much on there now that flash carts are gone I want anyways, I had my eye on one of the DSi skins, or perhaps something else as a gift for somebody.

I'll wait a few days to see if non-express shipping becomes an option, otherwise I'll just order that USB sound card to use as a backup.
I hope free shipping becomes an option; I have less store credit than the price of shipping in any case, so if I choose to order nothing and have that shipped, I'm still 90¢ short.
rofl.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:

You're telling me:
QUOTEOrder #23243

Order Date: 8th Dec 2010
Recipient: Ryan Bennett

This order is marked as Awaiting Fulfillment

You chose to ship this order with Express Shipping (DHL/UPS/EMS)

Click the 'View Order' button to download the items you ordered.

The outstanding balance of your order is $61.14 CAD

If you haven't already paid for your order, please follow the instructions below. Otherwise, please wait until our order department confirms your payment.

Your Order Contains the Following Items:

* 1 x SanDisk 2GB MicroSD Card
* 1 x Handheld Mini MP3 Player
(Color: Green, MicroSD Card: SanDisk 2GB MicroSD)
* 1 x White "Apple-design" earphones / headphones

Came up to $59 or so bucks. I had $62. I barely just covered it.

Speaking of which, I ordered this before the whole "WE TAKE NO MORE ORDERS" thing, and obviously before the "WE TAKE STORE CREDIT ORDERS", but it still says "Awaiting Fulfillment " Perhaps it's not working? Should I "re-order"... assuming I don't get charged again o.0

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowSoldier said:
supercard_sensei said:
-Snipped quote for space-

I assume you have some proof or something? It's already been stated that the people who ran shoptemp had nothing to do with GBAtemp. GBAtemp just got a piece of the profits for being in the partnership and GBAtemp designed ShopTemp.com.... if you don't exactly have any proof in any of your claims, at least stop talking out of your ass and acting like your butthurt.
Whats odd about his statements is that, with the exception of ShopTemp being run by anyone from GBAtemp which is totally false, we pretty much cover all of that in the original news post from this very topic. Yet the post has a malicious tone in which it is suggested that we said something different. The story is as follows, and the news post covered the broader strokes:

Certain parties who shall remain nameless told Paypal to lock ShopTemp's accounts, without those accounts they could not accept new payments and could receive no new sales, not even simple things like shipping alterations. ShopTemp attempted to switch to a different payment service, but that too was soon locked. They essentially cut off the ability of the ShopTemp team to receive payment or access the funds needed to buy stock and so on.

There is no conspiracy there, its as plain as day. Any payment service ShopTemp could have used was being systematically removed by order of a higher power. It has and always will be located in China (Why claim otherwise? People tend to gravitate towards stores not based in China), it simply did not matter because every option was taken away and all of the funds were inaccessible. They had to close their doors because you cannot run a shop where no one can buy anything and new stock cannot be purchased.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oveneise said:
I placed an order on the EZ Flash IV around the 20th of November with the $2 shipping, and it still hasn't come yet. Should I be concerned?

No. It'll just take a while to get to you. You ordered your product before the shutdown.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Depravo said:
Ace Gunman said:
Certain parties who shall remain nameless
Why can't they be named?
I don't wish to anger the powers that be, lol. Suffice it to say, if they can tell Paypal what to do, which is a very influential organization since more or less everyone online has to go through it at some point, I don't want to upset the people that wanted ShopTemp dead more than they already are. It isn't so much a matter of "can't" as it is "don't want to".

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
Depravo said:
Ace Gunman said:
Certain parties who shall remain nameless
Why can't they be named?
I don't wish to anger the powers that be, lol. Suffice it to say, if they can tell Paypal what to do, which is a very influential organization since more or less everyone online has to go through it at some point, I don't want to upset the people that wanted ShopTemp dead more than they already are. It isn't so much a matter of "can't" as it is "don't want to".
dont matter. I'm sure wikileaks will give us all the names in a couple of weeks.
tongue.gif

webjedi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn... of course I logged into gbatemp today to order a new R4 or Cyclo through shoptemp... and now gbatemp has no "preferred sellers"... any suggestions?

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Oveneise said:
I placed an order on the EZ Flash IV around the 20th of November with the $2 shipping, and it still hasn't come yet. Should I be concerned?

No. It'll just take a while to get to you. You ordered your product before the shutdown.

Hopefully it'll come before the 20th, since I had it shipped to my sister in North Dakota, and thats when shes coming down is the 20th. Anyways, when "Shoptemp V2" goes up, will they sell flashcarts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto