ShopTemp (V1) R.I.P.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never got around to buying anything from ShopTemp.

I really wanted to, and the site would have satiated my post-holiday craving for gaming junk.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShopTemp v2 eh?
tongue.gif
looking forward to it. No more selling purple scarves i hope. (Lol ;3)

Couldnt the funds be removed from paypal and placed in a "real" account nightly? that's what i'd do if i started selling stuff.
tongue.gif
tho i dont kno anything about selling a stock of things. D;

aber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow....sure glad I ordered my DSTwo on Nov. 18th...just got it this past Saturday. I almost waited.

Shame to see it go, but these days it's inevitable.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bloodlust said:
The USB development board which I ordered more than a month back has yet to arrive
frown.gif

If after 8 weeks I still don't get it in the mail, will shoptemp refund me?

Hey, will someone who's responsible answer this question?
glare.gif

How can they? Their paypal is closed. If anything, IF you do get a refund, it will likely come from someone that doesn't work for PayPal. But if you ordered it a month ago, then there's no worries. The only real worries is the orders that were pretty much started this month.

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Bloodlust said:
The USB development board which I ordered more than a month back has yet to arrive
frown.gif

glare.gif

How can they? Their paypal is closed. If anything, IF you do get a refund, it will likely come from someone that doesn't work for PayPal. But if you ordered it a month ago, then there's no worries. The only real worries is the orders that were pretty much started this month.

Not to be a nag, but would you think my order would get to my sis's house by the 20th? :wtf: Its driving me crazy! How long does it usually take to ship to North America usually? Again, I ordered around the 20th. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oveneise said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Bloodlust said:
frown.gif

glare.gif

Not to be a nag, but would you think my order would get to my sis's house by the 20th? :wtf: Its driving me crazy! How long does it usually take to ship to North America usually? Again, I ordered around the 20th. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Couldn't tell you. It was likely already shipped, but because of the holiday season, who knows.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Oveneise said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Bloodlust said:
frown.gif

glare.gif

Well, if that is IF I do not get my product after 8 weeks of course I'll be asking for a refund. I couldn't care less if they open another paypal account to do it...

"How can they" is simply an irresponsible and unprofessional way of customer satisfaction.
rolleyes.gif

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bloodlust said:
Oveneise said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Bloodlust said:
frown.gif

glare.gif

Well, if that is IF I do not get my product after 8 weeks of course I'll be asking for a refund. I couldn't care less if they open another paypal account to do it...

"How can they" is simply an irresponsible and unprofessional way of customer satisfaction.
rolleyes.gif

No it isn't, if PayPal is banning all their shit and everything, it's pretty hard. It might also be a while if you do get offered a refund because they don't exactly have money to give you the refund, they might give you a replacement or something, who knows.

Johnnyt305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can one of you guys that knows please help me:

I made my order way back on November 15th. I used the regular shipping with tracking. When i check my tracking number it says this:

QUOTE said:
2010 arrival at transit office of exchange SHENZHEN 2010-11-19
2010 departure from outward office of exchange SHENZHEN 2010-11-19
2010 posting 2010-11-18

So, my package has been sitting there since November 19th?

I don't understand how come there is no update in almost 1 month about my package.

Do they continue to update the status of the package once it gets to the USA or how do i know if it has moved since 11-19?

Has anyone had an order take this long or stay in one place like this for so long?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
ShadowSoldier said:
No it isn't, if PayPal is banning all their shit and everything, it's pretty hard. It might also be a while if you do get offered a refund because they don't exactly have money to give you the refund, they might give you a replacement or something, who knows.

That remains to be seen. If I ask for a replacement this waiting process might just begin again. I'm not gonna wait for weeks for it to arrive
hate2.gif

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Johnnyt305 said:
Can one of you guys that knows please help me:

I made my order way back on November 15th. I used the regular shipping with tracking. When i check my tracking number it says this:

QUOTE said:
2010 arrival at transit office of exchange SHENZHEN 2010-11-19
2010 departure from outward office of exchange SHENZHEN 2010-11-19
2010 posting 2010-11-18

So, my package has been sitting there since November 19th?

I don't understand how come there is no update in almost 1 month about my package.

Do they continue to update the status of the package once it gets to the USA or how do i know if it has moved since 11-19?

Has anyone had an order take this long or stay in one place like this for so long?

Mine's "departure from outward office of exchange GUANGZHOU 2010-11-16"

In the same boat as you. It's not even updating anymore..
ohnoes.png

China's postal sucks..

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One door closes, another one opens.........a fact of life to start getting used to, kiddies.
Nothing to be depressed about, just move on (unless you've got outstanding orders, etc. of course).

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Dark^'^Knight said:
One door closes, another one opens.........a fact of life to start getting used to, kiddies.
Nothing to be depressed about, just move on (unless you've got outstanding orders, etc. of course).

I couldn't care less if I had no outstanding orders or cleared orders with them..

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bloodlust said:
Dark^'^Knight said:

I couldn't care less if I had no outstanding orders or cleared orders with them..

Then why post at all?

Also, can someone, preferably an admin or someone who is in contact with ShopTemp, check the status of my order?

Johnnyt305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
It left Shenzhen on November 19th. Once it's gone, it's out of their control. It's up to post offices to update their tracking system.

My latest status is "2010 arrival at transit office of exchange SHENZHEN 2010-11-19 "

That means it has not left Shenzhen. It only says it arrived at the office of exchange.

Did your actually say it left there?

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My DSTwo came the day after ShopTemp stopped selling cards, so no refund issues for me, but no warranty either, oh well.

Just a note to all those bitching about Nintendo going after sites that sell flashcards:

A. Without Nintendo the scene you love so much probably wouldn't exist.

B. The law says Nintendo have a right to protect their intellectual property and copyrighted material, that's the same law that says I can't come into your house and take your DSi, your TV, drive away in your car etc. Would you like it if anyone could steal whatever they wanted and not face any consequence?

C. I play pirated roms, but I don't believe I have some kind of right to do so because games are too expensive or not available in my region or whatever. Nintendo can release what they want and charge what they want - that's democracy. I'm committing theft by playing pirated games, it's as simple as that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper