ROM Hack Shining Force Feather Translation

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
haha, I was just curious since that guy bumbed the thread.
I like to find you stuffs in the roms :P
And just between my last post and this post, I found where the palette file is but I wasn't sure.

So this guy have to have this color :P

By the way no, it's not the font in the arm9 (i think i missed that one :P) in my pic you have that font and it's in one of the first 3 system subfiles (if my memory isn't wrong because it was starting being very late ).
Here some more graphics more relevant for translation (some are scrambled because the map file is not applied):

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
haha, I was just curious since that guy bumbed the thread.
I like to find you stuffs in the roms :P
Np ^^

Here some more graphics more relevant for translation (some are scrambled because the map file is not applied):
Don't worry I already got them, there's lots of formats and that's why Pleonex is helping me on that part. (almost everything is done btw)
There's not so much graphics relevant to translation in Shining force Feather, but there's the "Only shift-jis" encoding problem (not really it's much a size problem and I'm just afraid the buffer will not handle it but I'll try to add ASCII support if the bytecode is not a problem) and the VWF which shouldn't be too hard to do but I just need a better computer...
I only had those screenshots exported because I wanted to show some of them to Moogie.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hahaha.. yes, sure me and the group your dreams :P

I have enough work with AAI2 and I don't need another project now.

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hope Shinning Force Feather translation goes smooth, I am happy to see a translation for this games. Continue the great work Auryn and the team.
Damn that's why I hate talking about project I'm still not 100% on it, people think there's a translation just because they've seen a picture from the game (and not even related to any translation btw)
Also Auryn and the team ? Oo
don't know how you came up to that xD
Anyway Auryn if you'd like to help on graphics when the time will come, just tell me and I'll contact you when needed ^^
(I want to get the vwf done first)

Reactions: 1 person

Frostic12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well sorry for posting something positive and not a question on how are you guys done with or some screen shot on how it looks. Sorry for posting did not mean for my post to offend people.

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not offending, you just should have read a bit some of the old pages even just pages 6 and 7, you'll know that there's no current "team" involved, and Auryn just looked some of the graphics. It wasn't part of any translation. That's all, no hurt feeling.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
It can't be helped .... it's always like that StorMyu :P
Me and my team in his dreams heheh
Anyway, for the graphics, PM when you are ready and we will see where I stay with my 10 projects.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So who is working on this one?
Im down to help.

No offence but just try reading the last few posts? There isn't any team yet... but Auryn and StorMyu seem to have poked around inside the rom a little bit.

I'm glad there's still at least a little interest in this game... and hopefully someone could figure out the VWF problem.

Wouldn't it be possible to edit the J-ASCII font so that the letters are narrower and take up less space, and then just use that as the english font? Or would that cause too much of a memory-overload problem... (Sorry if that's a stupid suggestion but I remember something similar being done for SNX and a few other games...)

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm glad there's still at least a little interest in this game... and hopefully someone could figure out the VWF problem.
Yeah that's the "main" problem, I'm just a little lazy because I can't really do it with my actual computer so...
I'm just waiting for the pay check.

Wouldn't it be possible to edit the J-ASCII font so that the letters are narrower and take up less space, and then just use that as the english font? Or would that cause too much of a memory-overload problem... (Sorry if that's a stupid suggestion but I remember something similar being done for SNX and a few other games...)
You mean like 2 letters by jap character ?
That's an idea and the most basic one, that's totally not a stupid suggestion, I'd rather just code a variable width font hack.
Btw, in term of memory, if I can't put ASCII support into that game, even if there is the VWF, it'll be a problem, and the "Graphical DTE" (how we name it) would be the second option.
Actually I'm just taking care of all the scripts / items names / skills etc etc, everything text-related. Because they're all in different format that's just... boring.
While waiting for my new laptop the translation could go on, I'm just waiting for Pleonex because he's helping me with the graphics ^^ (there's also a shitload of different graphic files in that game, he's very helpful and I'd like to thanks him on that again.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: