ROM Hack Shining Force Feather Translation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I ever learn japanese(which i may) i will translate it. Someone else will have to hack it though.

Moogie17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If someone can find a way to dump the text from the ROM, and also find a way to re-insert the translated text, I'm pretty sure I can get a translation team together for this game - or my name isn't Moogie!
wink.gif
It may not be finished in a hurry but better late than never! Afterall, the Shining Force III translation is still underway, more than 10 years since the game first came out - and people are still keen.
I for one would love to play Feather in English, I dub it the best Shining game in over a decade and will do whatever I can to assist with a translation project.

Moogie
www.shiningforcecentral.com

Moogie17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll put out some feelers in my various circles to see if I can find any suitable hackers. I know one who I'm sure could do it, but he left the scene a few years back and I'm not sure I can reach him anymore. I'll try though!

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
the font is in the system.bin file and it appears to have a very strange offset. If I could crack that. 16 by 10 nds 1 bpp and flip the horizontal. there is second larger one right after is but I cannot get it to view properly. Looks like the same thing as 7thdragon but... slightly different. Read up on nds bbs on nftr and fonts and you will understand more what you are dealing with . If I can help I will.

JP317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh wow THE Moogie that's cool.

I always check here like every couple of months to see if any progress is going to be made on this, I understand why it's difficult but it doesn't stop me hoping. With some people from here and SFC working on it I'm sure that it will get on a roll and I wish the best of luck to all who work on it, I just wish I could help but I'm a skill-less dolt when it comes to these things.

Moogie17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately I've not yet managed to find anyone among my old contacts who can help - seems they really were serious about leaving the scene.
Guess I shall have to put up an ad on the main SFC page (*shudder* I hate looking at the main site, I'm sick of how it looks but haven't had time to finish the site rebuid & redesign yet... maybe this winter!) looking for someone to help
smile.gif
Will try to get that done this avo.

bason230

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to help proof-read the translation, if you are okay with that. I may not be a well-known member (actually, not at all) and if I am accepted, this will be my first project, but I really am willing to help. The Shining series always interested, and it would be great if I could contribute to this. I'd really appreciate it if you could give me an answer =D

bason230

Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously? Maybe some other member of GBATemp would feel like helping, no?
I mean, there's ton of great hackers here. By the way, since I'm still quite new to all this, I doubt I could find you a good hacker, I don't even have any contacts in general.
But anyway, whenever you find one, contact me or whatever. I'll gladly help out =D

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bason230 said:
Seriously? Maybe some other member of GBATemp would feel like helping, no?
I mean, there's ton of great hackers here. By the way, since I'm still quite new to all this, I doubt I could find you a good hacker, I don't even have any contacts in general.
But anyway, whenever you find one, contact me or whatever. I'll gladly help out =D

A lot of the hackers are busy with other translations, with patience, maybe someone will help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...