Shin Megami Tensei V 60 FPS & Graphics Mods

habla2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This game is very GPU demanding. You need at least 614~691 GPU overclock to achieve fixed 720p on handheld mode (also 1600 of RAM it is highly recommended).
hey, thanks for your whole input on this, so when i use your settings it will be stable 720p in handheld mode?

also, when i overclock to your settings, wll the fan start running high, so you have a noise while playing in handheld?

stgpepper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, thanks for your whole input on this, so when i use your settings it will be stable 720p in handheld mode?

also, when i overclock to your settings, wll the fan start running high, so you have a noise while playing in handheld?
Questions all easily answered by just doing it for yourself. Everyone has different levels of noise they can tolerate/would consider loud.

habla2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not talking about loud. if it starts running higher and does any noise i don't want to do it. and yes i could test it myself, but if he can answer it in like 1 minute, i don't need to start looking into this because its not worth it then.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Well, it seems the preferred way to play games with better fps and resolution is always undocked. To anyone who already does, do you think it makes the experience better than playing the game docked?

mew2222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Sorry but I'm using a custom fan speed profile on handheld mode for Atmosphere.
Overclocking in handheld mode makes the fan going nuts passed 48ºC.
I raised the temperature limit to avoid loud fan noise as much as posible.

stgpepper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not talking about loud. if it starts running higher and does any noise i don't want to do it. and yes i could test it myself, but if he can answer it in like 1 minute, i don't need to start looking into this because its not worth it then.
Well, it seems the preferred way to play games with better fps and resolution is always undocked. To anyone who already does, do you think it makes the experience better than playing the game docked?
With the dyna res disabled it looks very very nice in handheld but for me personally I prefer playing docked because I enjoy my speaker set up and the much better audio it provides compared to the switches paltry speakers. The game looks much better in 720p on the switch screen for sure tho.

habla2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Didn't know thats possible too, i tried the 720p mod with your settings and yes the fan goes nuts and was way too loud.

so i guess i'm going back to the 30FPS Lock Mod, it looks worse that way, but i prefer 30FPS oder looks. And playing with the Fan speed is too much for my taste.

thanks for your answer though.

Reactions: mew2222

Shtave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome, I love it. This is the first time I'm using a custom patch on my switch. I'm just wondering if something like moving the camera back further than where it currently sits is something that's possible or simple with these kinds of mods?

Sudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will these work on SXOS? I know it's no longer being updated but I pretty much only use my Switch for exclusives like this and the games still work if you patch the firmware so I haven't bothered with moving over to Atmosphere.

Reactions: sorabora

Loodanon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm gonna keep trying things out but: I'd love to use handheld graphics settings with docked DynRes settings. I'm definitely struggling with finding the "right" compromise here. love the FPS boost in docked, but the resolution always trending to the lowest possible is tough to swallow. Haven't got the DynRes disable fix working yet; I have tried the hactool several times now.

(USA, 1.0.1)

Last edited by Loodanon,

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Overclocking in handheld mode makes the fan going nuts passed 48ºC.
I raised the temperature limit to avoid loud fan noise as much as posible.
So you like tearing your internals in exchange of less noise. Nice.

Loodanon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just got done talking to someone else; ive done everything right to my knowledge in terms of applying the dynres disable patch, but it refuses to work. Have updated atmosphere, path is correct, python 3.1 in PATH, run.cmd works completely fine, but still no luck. extracted main from exefs using nxdumptool (didnt dump the whole exefs), Directory is /atmosphere/exefs_patches/SMTV-DisableDynRes/4828BBB9E91E802470FEC7AC68397BD100000000000000000000000000000000.ips

Attachments

• SMTV-DisableDynRes.zip
    295 bytes · Views: 58
Reactions: Taelsien

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'd love to use handheld graphics settings with docked DynRes setting

Does having the Switch set to 720p under settings differ from having the game set to run in handheld mode while docked?
Yes. With native res you're getting the sharpest image possible. Running anything below or higher results in approximated image, so image is getting only less clear. Going with higher res on 720p is like running game with FXAA - image is always slightly blurry.

Are these for docked? Or handheld? Or?
Handheld. Dunno why there is third "or". :v
4828BBB9E91E802470FEC7AC68397BD100000000000000000000000000000000
This is BID from 1.0.0, not 1.0.1

Btw. IMG_20211118_050047.jpg

Reactions: gh0stess

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol