ROM Hack RELEASE Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster Save Editor

Catone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hate crap like this, released with list of features... Like everybody reading it is setup to run damn python scripts....
What? I have to learn python to use one save game editor? Getting links to buy a license attempting to get PyQt5?
If it requires learning python, installing all the developer catalogs and supporting files, then read a fat book on learning to code in python....

Whats the point of even releasing something like this, ever, if by the time you can actually use it your half way to the point of writing the program yourself? Or do people around here just assume everybody using a ps4 has in-depth knowledge of python (and a computer set up to run python scripts)? This kinda stuff is why I never bothered with python, whats the point if it takes a week of setup to attempt to run one script?

Zurce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hate crap like this, released with list of features... Like everybody reading it is setup to run damn python scripts....
What? I have to learn python to use one save game editor? Getting links to buy a license attempting to get PyQt5?
If it requires learning python, installing all the developer catalogs and supporting files, then read a fat book on learning to code in python....

Whats the point of even releasing something like this, ever, if by the time you can actually use it your half way to the point of writing the program yourself? Or do people around here just assume everybody using a ps4 has in-depth knowledge of python (and a computer set up to run python scripts)? This kinda stuff is why I never bothered with python, whats the point if it takes a week of setup to attempt to run one script?

Well, if you don't like it, make one better yourself

People will make tools in the languages the already are familiar with it, other editors might come on nice C# UI because those guys know those languages

It's easy, learn to code in c# , grab his code and port it to the nice UI application you desire , that's the magic of open source you can just improve it

• Love
Reactions: Pismire

sidneythor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, good evening, how are you?
I wanted to know how I can open this editor in the PC version, because I can't and I also didn't understand how I could convert the PC version into another version, anyway if anyone can help me I appreciate it, thank you for your attention and have Have a great night, I'll be waiting.

porygon3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello

The MC is level 98, but when I add a demon it just doesn't appear at all, I have checked if the data for the demon is correct, I'm pretty sure there is no error on my side, but when I load the save file, the demon is nowhere to be found

Any idea what's going on?

sgern

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to give a demon the flag that marks it as a descendant of the starting Pixie? I thoughtlessly gave Queen Mab to the Yurakucho miner and saved, and would like to either get her back or remake her with the editor.

SkyTheSly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Old post, I know, but how do I use the decryptor? What program do I use? I know it sounds stupid, but I'm genuinely lost. The decryptor's github page doesn't say what program to use.

Reactions: maximumb

Shayuna

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
have everything that need it in this shiut req and nothing happens.. windows get up and down in the same second so..yay...great work ...

moonwolfVII

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
For those who still can't get it to work, I'll try to explain setting up the save editor.

1. Install Python 3 (latest version works for me)
2. During Python 3 install make sure to check "add python.exe to PATH"
3. After installing Python run cmd then put in the prompt
pip install pyqt5

The CMD window will download and install the required files.
4. After it's done you can run the Shin.py in the folder. This is the fastest way that worked for me and I edited a save of game version 1.0.3 to add items like Soma.

northerncross

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Does this still work with game version 1.0.4? Tried decrypting the save however when I check the stats on the editor, most of it seem incorrect and missing.

Mori__

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi. I know it's been a long time but I'm having a issue, I got every files downloaded and I'm not really sure which one to use since every Python files "craches" as soon as I try to open them, I probably misunderstood something but could you perhaps tell me what's wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: yeah