Gaming Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Help and Discussion Thread

mong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
GameSoul said:
Gin/Haru's path beats all the others. I think it's too late to choose his path too. I choose the worst paths in the game
wacko.gif

It's probably the best 'good' ending that you get in this game. Some of the other endings are left open where you don't know how it really ended beside what happened after the lockdown. Who knows, maybe a sequel can be made out of one of the endings.

As for your Q concerning Amane and Naoya,

They're pretty much opposite stories but the battles that you'll encounter will be sort of similar. You either side with the demon and aim to overthrow God (which unfortunately, you don't get to do in the game) or you can side with the angel and be their messenger. You'll get a better story from Amane's side though because you'll learn about the story about the brothers Cain and Abel. I don't remember Naoya showing his true intentions when I chose his path.

QUOTE(Mr.Mysterio @ Jul 16 2009, 06:28 AM) I just finished the game!

So Naoya's supposed to Cain and MC is Abel?
Those who finished Naoya's path,what's his real intention?In Asturo's path,he has to wait 1000 years for something.

Finished his path a while ago but yes, Naoya is Cain and the MC is Abel. The essence of Abel can be found in many people on Earth but they do not retain the memories of their past. On the other hand, Cain is an individual being which throughout time has retained the memories through all history. His quench for revenge seems to have accumulated over the ages and he wanted to do it through the means of Abel. You'll get a more in-depth story about it when you finish Amane's path.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Day 5 12:00 Question

Ok so i returned Mari her bag at 9:00, and at 12:00 i see 2 options. A fight with Mari and a fight with Keisuke, i did the one with Mari and then Keisuke's battle is gone, at 13:30, i have a fight against Kaido and his demon and i'm getting my ass kicked because i use all up my MP for MC and Yuzu (which i was planning to use ice attacks up that damn guys ass) and die every single time or i just loose my mainstream demons. I watched the a walkthrough video (japanese version) and right after they saved Mari, they went to save Keisuke, he saved BOTH. Is it actually possible and how can i do that? Is there a way to save both?

mong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sa1amandra said:
Day 5 12:00 Question

Ok so i returned Mari her bag at 9:00, and at 12:00 i see 2 options. A fight with Mari and a fight with Keisuke, i did the one with Mari and then Keisuke's battle is gone, at 13:30, i have a fight against Kaido and his demon and i'm getting my ass kicked because i use all up my MP for MC and Yuzu (which i was planning to use ice attacks up that damn guys ass) and die every single time or i just loose my mainstream demons. I watched the a walkthrough video (japanese version) and right after they saved Mari, they went to save Keisuke, he saved BOTH. Is it actually possible and how can i do that? Is there a way to save both?

Yeah, you can. It depends whether you've talked to Kaido and Mari in the previous days though. On the morning of the 5th day, you are discussing how the time frame is really tight and that how you can keep them apart. If there's an option saying 'Miss Mari' for distracting Kaido, then it means you can save them both. If not, then you missed some pre-requisite. After you're done talking, you would go to Kaido and give him the bag so that he can go to Mari and help her instead of looking for Keisuke. When you do that, you'll get the regular fight with the vampire at 12:00 and at 13:00, you'll be fighting Keisuke. You'll be able to recruit him again after that event.

As for you getting your ass kicked, all you can do is level up a bit before battling him. I don't think I had much problem with him but I usually free battle a bit.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Mr.Mysterio said:
sa1amandra said:
Anyone know how to unlock platnium level in Auction House?
Buy a lot of 5 star demons.You will eventually unlock platinum!
thanks! i got tired of the weak demons in gold so i stopped buying and ended up stocking up alot of macca, so it was easy to get to platnium + get some new demons

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Glad I helped!
I was stuck with basic for a long time cause I thought that the other levels will unlock eventually as the story progresses and didnt bother buying the demons.

HainexCross12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hate2.gif
This game is aggrivating! But I love it.
Does anyone know how to complete Tokyo Lockdown, when the team sees Naoya, chases him, and demons appear?
r-r Gahh.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Can anybody help me...
Minor Spoilers
Im on day 5 where Kaido kills Keisuke, I then have to fight Kaido, whats the best method - eg eliminate demons first, recommended levels and demons
thanks

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I need a help.
Started to play and had fun with it... but now I have that time skipping option with a clock and don't know what to do (it is not marked what should I choose next)...

ragingchaosgod

JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG
Trophies
Website
therokuryu.tumblr.com
XP
Country
HainexCross12 said:
hate2.gif
This game is aggrivating! But I love it.
Does anyone know how to complete Tokyo Lockdown, when the team sees Naoya, chases him, and demons appear?
r-r Gahh.

-This is on day one, right? Just battle the demons and you'll do fine. I suggest you be around level 7 to 8-ish before you attempt this battle. If the demons are still kicking your arse, do some free battles to level up a bit. Take care of the Moh Shuyuu first.

QUOTE(Gagarin @ Oct 1 2009, 11:12 PM) I need a help.
Started to play and had fun with it... but now I have that time skipping option with a clock and don't know what to do (it is not marked what should I choose next)...

-Personally, I never used the timeskip option. o_o
Are you having problems because you used it? Try skipping forward again.

Sigfried666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gagarin said:
I need a help.

I'ts never marked where you have to go. The marks are where you have to fight. You may go wherever there is an clock event to see something happen and the time will pass.

The timeskip option can be use to skip to the next obligatory event, but you'll never be forced to use it to wait for the next event to happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure why, every other N64 game just runs fine with all kinds of enhancements but noooo KI...