Gaming Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Help and Discussion Thread

PraxxtorCruel

Trophies
XP
Country
Hop2089 said:
Megido and Megidoloan can do 100+ damage to a group, 300-800 single target.

Anyone know how to get Gin's path.

Yeah same as above, someone please tell us how to get Gin's path and also Atsuro's. I tried everything with gin but just can't get his damned path. This is my third run through the game, and I have to admit even though how much I enjoyed this game Im starting to get fed up now.

CrimsonRose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all my monsters and characters are at least lvl 50 and i beat the game and when i started playing again my monsters did so much freakin damage one of my guys did a 3000+ on a lvl 2 monster

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
PraxxtorCruel said:
Hop2089 said:

Yeah same as above, someone please tell us how to get Gin's path and also Atsuro's. I tried everything with gin but just can't get his damned path. This is my third run through the game, and I have to admit even though how much I enjoyed this game Im starting to get fed up now.
i saw gin's path on my way to completing naoya's...

think you need to see most of the cut scenes regarding naoya, haru, gin and the squinty eyed guy from shomonkai to find out about the truth behind aya. i'm not sure if saving mari at the expense of keisuke is necessary either, but that was what i did.

as long as you reach the part where you help gin defeat the shomonkai guy, you should be able to try for gin's ending at the end of day 6

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Uh!I am on day 5.
I was wondering,how do I unlock the Gold tier in the auction?
I am pretty sure I am missing something.I am stuck with the basic demons

PraxxtorCruel

Trophies
XP
Country
Mr.Mysterio said:
Uh!I am on day 5.
I was wondering,how do I unlock the Gold tier in the auction?
I am pretty sure I am missing something.I am stuck with the basic demons

You need to get a high enough rating I believe. You build that up by spending money in the auction, the more you spend the faster you will get your rating up.

Zav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is occult the last one?

and how the hell do i beat belzaboul

and after that how do i beat belberith? its like impossible

PraxxtorCruel

Trophies
XP
Country
Zav said:
is occult the last one?

Yes occult's the highest available demon auction you can get, i agree they are pretty difficult just keep trying bud,

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zav said:
is occult the last one?

Magic such as Megido and Megidoloen do good damage to both Bels, never use physicals on the bug or it absorbs it. Also flight and chaos wave equipped demons must be in your party to beat Belberith. Abilities such as Double up and Extra one are an absolute plus and hopefully this is your second playthrough at least and being at LV 65-70 is a must if you aren't on a new game +, if you are you can do well at LV 50-55.

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
they are possibe... if you think that is tough, try the naoya ending, you'll get a surprise final battle. couldn't beat it without suspend and reload
frown.gif

to get gold membership, i think get 250 for your rating... occult needs around 650.

a little tip that carried me through most of the game, try to arm your main char with a monster that has double up, and one with chaos wave. the 4 devas that you have defeated earlier should all have double up, so fuse the one with your appropriate level. chaos wave helps you hit belberith even without raising the platform, which means you effectively can attack him without defeating any of the believers, and his defence is really really low!

for me, i made my main char a caster and by the end of the game his mag stat was 35 LOL! it helps to give all casters an element jump for a large boost in dmg.even with ST resistance against an element, my mc can deal around 250 per hit with a force dance and with element jump; around 450 if they are weak to the element.

if your mc is a meleer, give him phys jump and pierce and life surge for sick dmg with deathbound (it goes to around 450 per hit if your char has around 650 hp). or you could equip this on one of the 4 devas like i mentioned earlier... so it's double up with deathbound! with my set up, i managed to one turn KO belzaboul and belberith (2 battles cos of double up) which saved plenty of trouble

one final tip, if you are dead bent on completing the game at all cost without the use of the cheat database to modify your game stats, here's a trick (which is not as bad as cheating but still cheating to some extent LOL)... save the game suspend data often or before every battle if you want, and when the outcome of the fight isn't satisfactory for you, simply hit the left shoulder+ right shoulder + start +select for a in-game reset and reload. with this, you should be able to defeat the game with minimal grinding and an under levelled party like me.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
How the hell do I win any battles past Beldr? Once the monsters learn moves that can hit everyone at once my team is raped in 1-2 turns.... This is normal battles btw.
sleep.gif

PraxxtorCruel

Trophies
XP
Country
GSCameron said:
How the hell do I win any battles past Beldr? Once the monsters learn moves that can hit everyone at once my team is raped in 1-2 turns.... This is normal battles btw.
sleep.gif

Arent there those moves were you can teach your demons to repel certain types of moves/elements.

PraxxtorCruel

Trophies
XP
Country
GSCameron said:
You mean passive skills? I gotta do random battles to get those but I can't survive any.

Yes thats right, thats what they were called, try to do the random battles that are easy not the one that says hard if incase your doing the other, if still no luck, I suggest to upgrade your demons (fuse) with something stronger.

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hmmm, you can try taking out the group leader directly in fights that you have difficulty winning... can save you a lot of trouble that way, though exp gained is much less... doesn't matter if it is a random battle though

mong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PraxxtorCruel said:
Hop2089 said:

Gin's path isn't that hard to get. I always get him. Don't know if it's going to help but here's maybe a general guideline.

- Talk to him whenever you see him
- Offer to help him whenever you get the chance
- Talk to Haru and always save her... I think there's 3 events that you have to save her?
- At one point, you'll need to search around to ask the Shomonkai about Aya (talk to every one of them a few times) This part isn't a 'clock' event
- You'll also need to talk to Atsuro to get the knowledge about the server and how there's a code related to demon summoning
- At one point, you'll have to get information from Naoya that he couldn't have completed the program without Aya
- You'll have to fight with Gin against Azuma when you know the time and place
- There should also be an event where you talk to Amane about the server and how you plan to stop it (with the help of Haru)

You need to talk to a lot of people now that I think about it, haha. It's all from the top of my head so I'm not too sure if I missed any of the event required for this.

Atsuro's path, I got him but I don't know if there's anything in particular you have to do. I guess you need to make sure you talk to him and get information about the server and how you could control it. There should be a few conversation about the good vs evil debate related to demons, I don't know if any other characters was involved on this. I can't really remember. Anyway, I do know it's unnecessary to complete the story with Shoji related to government conspiracy. I got Atsuro's path without finding his friend 10BIT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello