Gaming Shenmue III on Steam for November 2020 ?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I want to buy this Game today for the PC and found myself a little surprised:

VERÖFFENTLICHUNG:
(Release)
19. Nov. 2020

https://store.steampowered.com/app/878670/Shenmue_III/and plese

Did I missed something about the PC Version ?

Please be so kind and keep your positive and negative Opinions about the GAME to yourself.
I want to buy this Game for myself.:)

Thank you for any Clarifications.:)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm not quite sure what you mean in this thread, are you asking a question or did you think this was news?

Because this isn't anything new, we were already well aware Shenmue III was only going to have a year exclusivity deal with Epic Games, it wasn't going there permanently. That was announced the same time it was announced it was going to be an "Epic exclusive".

Either way, moved to the appropriate forums.

Reactions: Alexander1970

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Actually that game is overhyped and overrated, both gameplay, graphics or plot is trash and outdated compared to Yakuza series, even they shared same root from early years tho.
My hype was entirely ded when i saw the D1 game play.......

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Game has the one thing in spades that Yakuza (in the reboots) hasn't. Heart.

Shenmue 3 is worth the purchase if you liked previous entries in the series, or adventure games/walking sims. :)

I played Shenmue 3 almost directly followed up by Yakuza Kiwami 2 (also longstanding fan of the series - since the first PS2 release (favoring the originals)), and find Shenmue 3 better than that Yakuza entry. :)

Shenmue as a series has one 'flaw' people are not willing to look by, and that is slow pacing ("world simulator"). If you can get by that, even the new one delivers, astonishingly enough.

If you are someone who needs a compass, a mission list, and skips over dialog waiting for the next action beat - you dont like Shenmue.

And you have bad taste.. ;)

To quickly highbrow on Kiwami 2, that game has plot and pacing issues coming from bad writing. A querkyness in subplots that doesnt feel natural (must be the disconnect of trying to redo the source material, without actually being connected to the writing or the joke), Speeds up your entire moveset as an optional "character upgrade" to the point where fights start to feel worse not better, and has an upgrade system thats so easily broken, you can max out your char in chapter 2/10 (and probably will do so in 4/10), because its only gated by ingame currency. Character interaction dynamic is off, it suffers from uncanny valley effect, ,..

All of that was handled better in Shenmue 3. :) (Although it has the worse fighting system, and probably an even sillier plot. ;) )

So buy it, once the Epic store exclusive runs out. ;) It has already flopped, so I'm not Kickstarter backer 'shilling'. ;)

Last edited by notimp,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's on the Epic Game Store right now. It will launch on Steam later this year, so you can either choose to install Epic Game Store to play it now, or wait for it to come out on Steam if you're insistent on not using Epic.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I have a dreamcast but never played the first two so I'm thinking I'd need to play them first before this
I have played the first Part through on the Dreamcast.
The Second Part has needed more "Attempts" but I have also played it on the XBox.

Honestly,I have buyed Part I+II on Steam too,but I never played them until today....:shy:

Reactions: nani17

nani17

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I have played the first Part through on the Dreamcast.
The Second Part has needed more "Attempts" but I have also played it on the XBox.

Honestly,I have buyed Part I+II on Steam too,but I never played them until today....:shy:

Good so when you're finished you can do a 4 page review :rofl2::rofl2:

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, btw how are you?