OP
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
EbcrvI2UEAAaE1w

You read that right, the Wii just refuses to die, and with us all thinking that Just Dance 2020 would be the final Wii game, EVER, VBlank Entertainment announced that ports for Shakedown: Hawaii are coming to the Wii and Wii U! The Wii port has 4:3 settings, includes the Mogul and Full Tank updates and supports Wiimote vibration, all on a platform that is long dead! Keep in mind that the Wii version of the game is region locked to Europe, as the developer stated:

"As incredibly as it all worked out, unfortunately, Wii discs aren't region-free, and I didn't want North American players to be left out. Although I continued talks with NOA, floating around a Plan B, Plan C... Plan Z, sadly, every idea hit a wall. The clock was ticking, and after exhausting all other options, I decided to pivot to the next best thing: the Wii U. After all, the Wii U still supported Wii Remotes, Wii Classic Controllers, and even 4:3! So, I rushed against time to port Shakedown: Hawaii to Wii U as well, and get it through certification before that door could close too!"

The Wii port will launch in Europe on July 9th at 10am PT, and will cost $29,99, with details about the Wii U and Steam versions of the game coming later. But be quick, as there are only 3000 copies!

:arrow: Source: VBlank Entertainment website

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No'ent.
I'm just suprised that uh... let's see here.... about 14 years later post wii release. (2006) with wii support ending I would assume was 2012. It's been going still 8 years later.
Well the Wii had numerous Just Dance games upto last year lol

Reactions: Alexander1970
D

Deleted User

Well the Wii had numerous Just Dance games upto last year lol
well... it's ubisoft.
And just dance refuses to die, along with being stupidly easy to market to casuals...
So....
that doesn't count
yes, I am saying ubisoft doesn't count (lol.)
But no seriously, why isn't this on the switch instead?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well... it's ubisoft.
And just dance refuses to die, along with being stupidly easy to market to casuals...
So....
that doesn't count
yes, I am saying ubisoft doesn't count (lol.)
But no seriously, why isn't this on the switch instead?
Its been on the Switch since may last year lol.

Reactions: Maeson

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This is insane and I love it, I can't wait to see how it works. I've always found backports to older hardware fascinating, specially when there's a passion driving someone to get it done like it seems to be with this.

It's sadly limited to 3.000 copies which means I'm 99% sure I'll miss on it, but who cares, seeing people salty about the Wii still waggling on and Vblank being able to see this little project going through is more than enough to put a smile in my face.

Hakaisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My body is ready. I will absolutely be ordering a copy of this.

Shakedown: Hawaii would be a great book-end to the Wii library, considering the Wii's Virtual Console and WiiWare services practically set the standard for the retro/indie game market on modern consoles as we know it today.

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My body is ready. I will absolutely be ordering a copy of this.

Shakedown: Hawaii would be a great book-end to the Wii library, considering the Wii's Virtual Console and WiiWare services practically set the standard for the retro/indie game market on modern consoles as we know it today.
Just Dance 2021 will be released on November 17.

Reactions: Tarmfot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.