• Total voters

mikeychunn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yesterday, I was looking up some stuff and then found out that they are making a shadow of the colossus moe doujin and a movie set to premier 2012!!!

Anybody psyched as much as I am XD

Also, for a good cause, there's this one website calledAnimal Rescue Site where you click a link to give food to animals in shelters. Support the animals please

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im kinda happy but not psyched as much as you. I also clicked the link and gave free food and care
biggrin.gif

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No.
If you are psyched, please die.
I'm sorry, but I love this game far too much for its name to be ruined.

The game has sparse dialogue, and its story can only be told by experiencing it. By making a film, they will completely butcher it by writing a screenplay with ridiculous plot elements, and Hollywood cliches. To make matters worse, it is confirmed that the writer for the film is Justin Marks, the same rubbish writer who penned the equally as terrible Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li film. If anyone were to ever write and direct a Shadow of the Colossus film (although I believe it should never be made), it should be someone who has actually played the games, and respects it for what it is. Best choice is Guillermo Del Toro, a brilliant filmmaker, and someone who is actually influenced by Team ICO's games.

Although I oppose a doujin less than a film adaptation, I would still rather have nothing SotC related that isn't written completely by Ueda himself.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
At least it's not Uwe Boll.

outgum said:
Shadow of Colossus Movie sounds freaking sweet, it would have a good story too.
I will definatly be looking forward to this =O

You really think it'd be a good movie? Have you played SotC?

You would watch a boy run around whilst holding his sword up to the light every now and again to find where to go, then have a short battle with a colossus, repeat.

Edit: Also no "No, it's a terrible idea" option in the poll? How surprising.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most video game to movie adaptations are dumb. There's no point of watching a video game in a movie when you can just watch the video while interacting with it and, you know, actually being in it. It's like watching your friend play a video game for two hours; you're bored and you just want to play it.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I mean ok... im not screaming and hyperventilating because of it, but its like, it could be done really well, if the right director took it on, the ideas are there, and it COULD be successful, its like them making that halo ODST movie, The ideas were already there and they are turning it into a movie. So we'll see what happens i guess

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't compare it to the Halo film in production, maybe because the two games are entirely different. Halo is a standard FPS, with a pretty ordinary scifi plot, multiple characters, and popcorn action that can easily be turned into a script for a scifi-action flick. NONE of the ideas of Shadow of the Colossus would translate well on the big screen without distorting them, and mutilating the fuck out story, characters, and meaning to a point where it just isn't Shadow of the Colossus anymore.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
didn't play the game yet, but think i would be more excited of the game than of a movie adaption of it, but i think that the story line of the game may let room for the directors to fill, so that they should be able to offer some experience besides the main story as well and not just a one-to-one copy of the game:.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, then im lucky i havent updated yet