Hacking Several games I can't run despite trying everything I can think of

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have a hacked Japanese Wii with a WODE and a US region SNEEK emuNAND.

A zillion games work just fine, but a handful do not. I have tried getting the games from multiple sources, and have tried with the WODE on the Japanese NAND as well as the US emuNAND. I have tried loading from ISO format as well as WBFS. All to no avail.

The games are:

Punch Out Wii
A Boy and his Blob
Cosmic Family
World of Zoo
Raving Rabbids TV Party
Mercury Meltdown

From WODE Flow on the Japanese NAND, the game just freezes on a black screen. From Wii Flow on the US emuNAND, it doesn't freeze, but simply doesn't try, telling me "This is not a Wii or GC disc".

FWIW my dumps of all of these games work fine with Dolphin on my PC.

Any ideas? I'm at my wit's end! :(

Last edited by regnad,

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm not familiar with Wii modchips but those all run fine from a USB HDD with a custom IOS.

By custom IOS do you mean an emuNAND? My thoughts were that it might be that it's a Japanese Wii, so I tried SNEEK with a US emuNAND, but it just tells me "This is not a Wii or GC disc" when I try to load it.

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Made sure I'm on the latest cIOS d2x v10, still no help.

Anyone have any ideas?

Does anyone have a Japanese Wii that is able to play these games?

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well, I figured out what the problem is. The Japanese Wii just doesn't like these particular games out of region. A JP region Punch Out works fine.

So what options do I have?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
By custom IOS do you mean an emuNAND? My thoughts were that it might be that it's a Japanese Wii, so I tried SNEEK with a US emuNAND, but it just tells me "This is not a Wii or GC disc" when I try to load it.
Disc Channel seems to be more picky than USB Loaders, for example I tried to convert a .wbfs back into ISO and burn it to disc and it wouldn't load (I had trucha bugged IOS)
Try redownloading clean ISOs of those games, or re-ripping them. Also make sure you have the required IOSes installed.
Honestly these days USB loaders work better than WODE and you don't have to deal with any of this.

Reactions: regnad

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Disc Channel seems to be more picky than USB Loaders, for example I tried to convert a .wbfs back into ISO and burn it to disc and it wouldn't load (I had trucha bugged IOS)
Try redownloading clean ISOs of those games, or re-ripping them. Also make sure you have the required IOSes installed.
Honestly these days USB loaders work better than WODE and you don't have to deal with any of this.

I've redownloaded them all several times from different online sources (although who knows, they may all be the same original source). All of these games work in Dolphin. Wii cIOS is the newest d2x v10.

Seems to be the Wii just doesn't like those few games out of region. I just tried Punch Out JP version, and it works fine.

What should I try that I haven't? Are some USB loaders better than others?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill