Hardware Setup of EZ flash 3in1 with GBA exploader

SpectralBrand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So, I have an Acekard 2.1 with the latest version of AKAIO and slot 2 expansion card (ez flash 3in1).

I dont really grasp how I am supposed to play GBA games without losing my saves. I have GBA exploader 0.58b on the root of my SD card but I dont use it to load GBA games, just selecting the GBA game loads them fine but perhaps it made me lose my save on Megaman Zero.

I dont use GBA exploader because it freezes a lot.

Can someone explain me the whole process of running GBA games? I dont want to lose my saves again.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
It is a config issue that causes the freezing, you will have to read the FAQ and wiki again to fix the settings to get it to work. They don't care if you can run exploader or not, not thier problem. Other than that, exploader works fine by default in the official firmware.

In AKAIO:
Run your gba game like a ds game. turn off your ds. turn on your ds. It will automatically backup your save to file from here.

In gba exploader:
Run exploader. Pick your mode and then the game. turn off your ds. turn on your ds. run exploader again, it will automatically backup your save to file from here.

SpectralBrand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
how_do_i_do_that said:
It is a config issue that causes the freezing, you will have to read the FAQ and wiki again to fix the settings to get it to work. They don't care if you can run exploader or not, not thier problem. Other than that, exploader works fine by default in the official firmware.

In AKAIO:
Run your gba game like a ds game. turn off your ds. turn on your ds. It will automatically backup your save to file from here.

In gba exploader:
Run exploader. Pick your mode and then the game. turn off your ds. turn on your ds. run exploader again, it will automatically backup your save to file from here.

Alright I will check the wiki again. But is there a point in using GBA exploader? I dont plan using NOR mode.

SpectralBrand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
how_do_i_do_that said:
With GBA Exploder, you can use a M3 GEP, the only thing that AKAIO can't use to play, pokemon emerald. There is no patch for emerald, that means any 3in1 can't play it without clock issues.

You can read the first link in sig for more info.

Not gonna play Emerald. I think the megaman zero save got screwed up because I tried some things in GBA exploader.

The rest of my GBA saves are fine though.

I hope everything goes fine just by loading through AKAIO, you are awesome bro.

SpectralBrand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Oh man it didnt work.

Im loading megaman battle network from akaio I save then when I turn on the DS again it says new game.

Its not detecting my save, should I turn off the DS when the rom is loading? The save is there but its not detected.

SpectralBrand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
SpectralBrand said:
Oh man it didnt work.

Im loading megaman battle network from akaio I save then when I turn on the DS again it says new game.

Its not detecting my save, should I turn off the DS when the rom is loading? The save is there but its not detected.

Disregard this I suck dicks.

I was in the start menu when I found the "3in1" menu, then I changed "Backup GBA save at startup" to enabl then BAM started a new game, saved, turned off then on and BAM I got a ballin CONTINUE

FUCK YEAH MOTHERFUCKER

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one