Hacking Setting up R4i Gold for beginner (Black screen problem)I

sudosilman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got into the Flash Card community and bought an R4i Gold (because I couldnt find a DSTWO), and it came today.

I put it in my ds to see the interface (no SD card) and started it up and it showed a "Konami Digital Systems" icon or the slot-1 slot. I clicked on it and a black screen came up and nothing happened. I put my roommates SD card with some R4 (not R4i gold) stuff on it and it did the same thing.

I downloaded the Wood R4i Gold stuff and transferred it to a formatted SD card and now it seems to boot up fine. I hope i did this right and that is all i have to do to set it up, but let me know if anything else needs to get done.

My question now is a couple things:

1) I have an original Nintendo DS (the silver one), can i still play 3DS games with the R4i Gold on my original Nintendo DS?

2) How do i set it up to play Gameboy Advanced and Gameboy color games?

3) How do I enable and load cheats?

4) Does the R4i work with internet connectivity (i.e. if i wanted to play mario Kart DS or pokemon black over the internet would it work?

thanks!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I just got into the Flash Card community and bought an R4i Gold (because I couldnt find a DSTWO), and it came today.

I put it in my ds to see the interface (no SD card) and started it up and it showed a "Konami Digital Systems" icon or the slot-1 slot. I clicked on it and a black screen came up and nothing happened. I put my roommates SD card with some R4 (not R4i gold) stuff on it and it did the same thing.

I downloaded the Wood R4i Gold stuff and transferred it to a formatted SD card and now it seems to boot up fine. I hope i did this right and that is all i have to do to set it up, but let me know if anything else needs to get done.

1) I have an original Nintendo DS (the silver one), can i still play 3DS games with the R4i Gold on my original Nintendo DS?

4) Does the R4i work with internet connectivity (i.e. if i wanted to play mario Kart DS or pokemon black over the internet would it work?

thanks!

1: the same reason i can't play ps3 games on my game boy color

2: for game boy advance you need a game boy advance flashcart, there is an emulator for r4 cards but its really bad and compatibity really poor
for game boy and game boy colour games you have to use gameyob emulator.

3: i can't answer to this, you probably need to download a chaet file and enable cheats on options

4: NINTENDO DS internet services closed last year. even if you got a real mario kart or a real pokemon game you can't "go" online anymore

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
1) Its impossible to play 3DS games on a DS console (That would be like trying to play PS4 games on a PS3!)

2) There are emulators for the Game Boy Color like Goomba (<EDIT I mean Gameyob/Lameboy), but you wont be able to play any Game Boy Advance games unless you get a Supercard DSTWO.

3) You can get the latest usrcheat.dat file here:-
http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/5938-NDS-Cheat-Database-Update-Usrcheat-08-15-2014
Extract the rar and place the usrcheat.dat in the cheats folder, then use the 'select' menu to enable/disable cheats.

4) All DS games have had their internet connectivity shutdown last year:-
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/vyWpoM6CBIe6FjW8NIY7bvzOrgBURhzw

...You might want to try reading all the sticky threads before asking more questions.

<EDIT> Beaten!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
1) Its impossible to play 3DS games on a DS console (That would be like trying to play PS4 games on a PS3!)

2) There are emulators for the Game Boy Color like Goomba, but you wont be able to play any Game Boy Advance games unless you get a Supercard DSTWO.

3) You can get the latest usrcheat.dat file here:-
http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/5938-NDS-Cheat-Database-Update-Usrcheat-08-15-2014
Extract the rar and place the usrcheat.dat in the cheats folder, then use the 'select' menu to enable/disable cheats.

4) All DS games have had their internet connectivity shutdown last year:-
https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/vyWpoM6CBIe6FjW8NIY7bvzOrgBURhzw

...You might want to try reading all the sticky threads before asking more questions.

<EDIT> Beaten!

gomba is a game boy colour emulator for use on a gba.. (in a gba flashcart)
you mean gameyob\lameboy

sudosilman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the EZFlash 3 in 1? Is it like the r4i where it takes an SD card and you put ROMs on it? Or does it just enable gba/gbc emulation through the r4?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thanks!
To number 4, you can go online with ds roms by going through a few steps but i think it is up to you to decide if it is worth it or not.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/save-ni...e-online-servers-for-ds-and-wii-games.362717/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1