Setting Up Partitions for emuMMC with Hekate5.0/NYX

Warning!

By following this tutorial you will format your SD card, deleting everything that is saved on it.
Make sure to backup the contents of your SD card beforehand.
Also formatting the wrong drive (PC drive) will mess things up big time.
Make very sure that you know which drive is you SD Card!

This is not a comprehensive emuMMC tutorial, i'm pretty much just covering the partition setup.

* connect your SD card to your PC

* press WIN+R and type in diskmgmt.msc then hit OK

* locate your SD Card and delete all partitions on that disk (should only be 1 partition)

* right click on the SD card and select "New Simple Volume". click next untill you can define the size of the volume.

* Take the suggested numer and subtract 29828. use the resulting number as the size for the volume and create it.
You will end up with one partition at the beginning and unallocated space at the end.

* right click the unallocated space and select "New Simple Volume" click next, leave the suggested size, next, next, select "Do not format this volume", next, finish.

* now we have our 2 partitions, but we still need to format our first partition to FAT32 using guiformat

* right click the guiformat exe and select start as administrator (not sure if necessary)

* under "Drive" select the first partition we just created (use Drive letter for orientation), select 32768 allocation size, quick format checked and hit start.

* DONE

Place all your atmosphere/hekate/NYX files onto the first partition, as this partition will be your regular SD card. The second partition will become your emuMMC.
Boot into Hekate5.0/NYX select emuMMC > Create emuMMC > SD Partition > Continue

Zi0P4tch0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the awesome guide!

I'm a noob - just jailbroken my first switch - so bare with me if the questions sound/are stupid.

I have a jailbrekable Switch on 8.1.0, 10 burnt fuses.
Via the latest Hekate, I backed up BOOT, BOOT1 and the NAND, and the keys via Lockpicker_RCM.
I never booted into anything apart from Hekate, so the NAND should have been dumped in a clean state, I reckon.

I've also set up the emuMMC via Hekate, thanks to your guide.

What I would like to do now:

- SysNAND: keep it clean to play online
- emuNAND: CFW (Atmosphere)

Questions:

- How do I configure Hekate to achieve what I want to do? Is my configuration correct?

Code:
{-------- Stock -------}

[Stock]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1

{-------- CFW -------}

[Atmosphere]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
{ }

- If the above configuration is valid, do I keep emuMMC activated via Hekate?
- Also, is it a good configuration or should I use CFW on SysNAND and stock on emuNAND?

darkfuturez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i dont want to loss my games is the way to backup them?

I have a 3.0 backup that is clean with boot 0/1 but I never did anything with lockpick. I'm still waiting for others to go through the process before I jump in. But I'm looking forward to having online and emunand.

I also need to wait and figure out if there is a way to not lose game saves or if they will become corrupted do to the changes.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if someone brought this up, but an FYI, you can't normally create a second partition on SD card via Disk Management in Windows (the program grays out the options for creating new partitions once the first one is created). At least in Windows 7. Maybe Windows 10 wasn't as restrictive about this.

I suppose you could use the command line program for it. But I never got familiar with the commands and it's a bit of a hassle. :P

Anyways, I had to use third party software to create the second partition.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This method didn't work for me. I had to manually create and format each partition as FAT32 using another external program. Tried numerous times using Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 with the built in Disk Manager. Hekate refused to work unless the emuMMC partition was formatted.

Your post is also a copy and paste from Reddit.

Windows 10 works for partitioning. However, Hekate can’t locate the partition no matter what I do, formatted or unfomatted makes no difference. I even used 2 different 3rd party partition managers. What exactly did you do for hekate to finally create the EmuMMC??

Any assistance would be appreciated...
Thanks

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 10 works for partitioning. However, Hekate can’t locate the partition no matter what I do, formatted or unfomatted makes no difference. I even used 2 different 3rd party partition managers. What exactly did you do for hekate to finally create the EmuMMC??

Any assistance would be appreciated...
Thanks

I used a 3rd party partition manager. It seems Hekate wants the second partition to be formatted as fat32 to work. If you look up scenefolks emummc guide I explained it there, but don't think I can directly link to it due to conflicts with the forum rules.

Reactions: kylum

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a 3rd party partition manager. It seems Hekate wants the second partition to be formatted as fat32 to work. If you look up scenefolks emummc guide I explained it there, but don't think I can directly link to it due to conflicts with the forum rules.
Seen the post there. I have formatted the second partition to fat32. Hekate just won’t find it. Now the only thing I haven’t done is delete the whole SD for a second time since 150gb takes a while to write to an SD. Only been messing with the second partition. Guess I’ll try it and see how it goes.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seen the post there. I have formatted the second partition to fat32. Hekate just won’t find it. Now the only thing I haven’t done is delete the whole SD for a second time since 150gb takes a while to write to an SD. Only been messing with the second partition. Guess I’ll try it and see how it goes.

Good luck! I wrote the guide using a 200GB card so I understand your pain.

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck! I wrote the guide using a 200GB card so I understand your pain.
Got it working. Started over from scratch and it worked this time. FYI, windows 10 would let me make both partitions but wouldn’t work. Had to use the a third party software.

Thanks

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it working. Started over from scratch and it worked this time. FYI, windows 10 would let me make both partitions but wouldn’t work. Had to use the a third party software.

Thanks

Glad you got it working and thanks for responding about what worked for you. This copied and pasted guide from Reddit doesn't really work.

Nangwan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you have any luck? I am also stuck at this stage. Hakate can only find the first partition.

I have tried multiple programmes to format to FAT32 and partition the SD but no luck.

Fyi I have read in a few places that the second partition has to be 29.1GB or larger. A few people have reported that it didn't show up until they made the partition larger than 30GB. Didn't help me but may help you out.

Nangwan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Completly mised

Thanks
I completely missed this. What programme did you make to use the partitions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la