gusnik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,
I am brand new to this site. I have always used an Ace Kard and I finally wanted/ordered my new M3 zero after many games I tried to load did not work on the Ace kard. I am a bit confused as to what update and firmware are the best at this time. I have read many of the posts here. If someone is patient enough to direct me or copy a link I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
gusnik said:
Hello all,
I am brand new to this site. I have always used an Ace Kard and I finally wanted/ordered my new M3 zero after many games I tried to load did not work on the Ace kard. I am a bit confused as to what update and firmware are the best at this time. I have read many of the posts here. If someone is patient enough to direct me or copy a link I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.
It sounds like you just wasted money buying a flashcart from a team that seems to be dying.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
jurassicplayer said:
It sounds like you just wasted money buying a flashcart from a team that seems to be dying.

Well, he has an Acekard.

Did he actually by that M3i Zero? lol. I'm sure it was cheap.
moogle.gif

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I agree with both of you.

M3 hasn't been updated for a month, so many new games don't work unless you use unofficial firmwares like the Ninetail (which by the way was today deleted by Xenon++ for some reason).

If you want compatability with new games, so far you're better of with Acekard like Etanol posted, however if you'd like RTS or the in-game guide and don't mind not being able to play for now some of the newer games, just use the Sakura FAQ sticky and guide how to set it up.

gusnik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the reason why I don't post honest questions. There are a lot of you goodballs that think they know everything and are better than every one else. I don't play the games, they are for my 6 year old. I have 2 Acekards that work, and have been updated to 1.41. Where I usually get his games there is someone who has a M3 card who posts that he can always play the games that don't work on my Ackard.
So if noone else has any good input, please don't waste my time, if someone else does, then I thank you.
Nice way to treat a newcomer.

Fel, thanks for you input.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
gusnik said:
This is the reason why I don't post honest questions. There are a lot of you goodballs that think they know everything and are better than every one else. I don't play the games, they are for my 6 year old. I have 2 Acekards that work, and have been updated to 1.41. Where I usually get his games there is someone who has a M3 card who posts that he can always play the games that don't work on my Ackard.
So if noone else has any good input, please don't waste my time, if someone else does, then I thank you.
Nice way to treat a newcomer.

Fel, thanks for you input.
Sorry, but are you using AKAIO or using the Offical firmware for Acekard?
Because M3 is no where near as good as AKAIO and that guy posting about the M3 being able to play the new games is either using an M3 Simply with R4 Wood or blightenly lieing out his ass since must new games will never come close to working on M3 Real/i Zero since they are the same card (close enough) hardly ever updates and hardly plays anything.

If you are not using AKAIO please use that since it normally plays the new games and has AP-Bypass built right in.
Otherwise you really did get ripped off on buying the M3i Zero.

gusnik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I must be using the official firmware. So with the card already on it's way,my best bet to be able to use it is to install R4 wood? Can you point me to the right firmware? The 2 Acekards I have right now are out of room, that was the reason for the change.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
gusnik said:
I guess I must be using the official firmware. So with the card already on it's way,my best bet to be able to use it is to install R4 wood? Can you point me to the right firmware? The 2 Acekards I have right now are out of room, that was the reason for the change.
Alright back up your cards first and reformate with this
http://filetrip.net/f10976-SDFormatter-Version-3-0BETA.html
After that install everything, but the offical firmware, instead download this
http://gbatemp.net/t260726-akaio-v1-8-1
This is AKAIO and it's way better!
Now once that is installed, in the system menu (pressing start) and in the system settings there is an AP-Bypass setting, which you can turn on and off at will.

Do not use, this was just an example of the firmware the guy might have been using

As for R4 Wood, you need an Offical or 1.1 clone from shoptemp
http://shoptemp.com/products/R4-DS-Revolut...-Lite-p-29.html
Or an M3 Simply
But those don't work on DSi nor DSi XL

But you can get the firmware from here
http://gbatemp.net/t262309-wood-firmwares-v1-15

gusnik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cat, what does the bypass do?
And my kid has a DSI, so do I use the last one you posted,,v1-15
Thanks for your help.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
gusnik said:
Cat, what does the bypass do?
And my kid has a DSI, so do I use the last one you posted,,v1-15
Thanks for your help.
Don't use the Wood, it won't work on the Acekards. I just posted it to show you what it was.

Use the AKAIO 1.8.1 for the Acekards, that was the firmware I was refering to.

And the Bypass does just what it sounds, it bypasses the AP (anti-piracies) of roms so you don't need to update as much.
I edited my post

gusnik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am obviouslly going to be stuck with the M3 when it gets here. I was asking which one would be the better firmware to use on it?
Thanks agin for you help.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh yeah, I forgot the Sakura FAQ isn't being updated right now, so grab the Sakura firmware from Catboy's thread, this one.

And be welcome, though it's true it would have been nicer if you were more honest. But maybe that way you wouldn't have found out about AKAIO.
biggrin.gif

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Fel said:
Oh yeah, I forgot the Sakura FAQ isn't being updated right now, so grab the Sakura firmware from Catboy's thread, this one.
I need to go update the cheats for that first

EDIT: They are updated now
happy.gif

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Fel said:

happy.gif
Good work!
smile.gif
It's awesome to see still some people being active.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Fel said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Fel said:

happy.gif
Good work!
smile.gif
It's awesome to see still some people being active.
To be honest, I am only slightly active in the M3 Scene and that is only when I remember to update the cheats.

So to the point, just download the link provided in my post and that is the latest Sakura/Touchpod as well as uses the latest cheat.db

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning