[serious thread] anyone knows how to prevent infestation?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello guys

If i want to prevent infestation, such as ants or fleas or such insect, in a "permanent" way, what should i look for exactly?
I know about ants traps, but i think they are only effective against ants, aren't they?

And when i say permanent, i mean like ant traps, i know it's not permanent, but if i only need to change it like once every one or two weeks, that's what i'm looking for

Anyone knows what i should be looking for?
As in terms to search for, "specs"i should look for, anything?
Thanks a lot

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ants tend not to climb tower blocks, though that might not work for you. As above also give them no option to get into anything (everything tubs, tins and such like) -- I once had a continuous line of the things going into the cooking cupboard, eventually ripped everything out and someone had left the lid on the cake icing tub slightly ajar and the ants were all in ant heaven.

Fleas. Don't have animals, and if you do find something that treats them -- I never had any great luck with the drops on the back of the neck for cats, switched to tablets at one point and it was insane (though they did bite them terribly as they were dying, I of course found it hilarious to watch cats play floor is lava).
Remove carpets and go for hardwood/laminate floors. Could be tricky if you rent and has other annoyances but hey. No carpets is also considered a rather healthy way to roll as well these days.
If you have to have carpet and soft furnishing then hardcore anti flea spray is the only stuff I have ever seen work, though you will have to get the cat and yourself out for a while to let it do its thing.

Ants are not particularly fond of cinnamon in my experience if you don't want to use ant powder and cinnamon also does not hurt cats. Not many other insects or lizards eat ants though -- I encourage spiders into the basement to allow them to eat all the flies, earwigs and whatever else (theoretically they would also eat all the woodworm larvae but 400+ year old oak is not really a problem for them). Cockroaches apparently are also top notch at eating flea larvae.
Others go other ways

Mr_Reaper

Newcomer
Trophies
The dark endless abyss of empty eternal oblivion.
Website
tinyvast.com
XP
Country
United States
burning-house-gif-1.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Veho and godreborn

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As someone who lives in a house over 100 years old it's not uncommon for a random infestation of critters to happen. Here is the natural remedies that I use.

For Ants place a line of talcum power at their place of entery and across the bottom of every door in your house. This will stop em from going from one room to the other.

Spiders hate the smell of citrus fruits such as lemons and oranges. They also don't like peppermint oils, tea tree oils, eucalyptus, and vinegar. Using any of these around your home will keep spiders away.

Silverfish place cinnamon sticks near any damp places or near damp clothing.

For Flies use a cinnamon scented air freshener.

For Wasps and Bees it's the same as flies.

Moths lavender works really well for them.

Reactions: Creamu

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Never had an infestation before, but mom has taught me that Lavender essence keeps insects away.
Also, a plant called Ruda (Ruta Graveloens) works too.
Bayleafs works too.

Make an essence of one of those (or combine them) and put the liquid in a water squirter and spray the places where they're coming from.

Again, never had an infestation 😉

Last edited by JuanMena,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021