Serious Passcard Problem

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by 3vil, Jul 1, 2007.

1. 3vil
    OP

3vil Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2007
    United States
    I've owned my PassCard for about three months now, and I've been loving it. Its worked fine on my DS, and on a few other DSes that my friends have.

However, I've recently run into a bit of a problem. I was using my PassCard along with my M3 Mini SD this week and it was working fine. I go to boot up my M3, and all of a sudden i get the normal DS boot screen. I was quite confused at this, due to the fact that the Passcard normally avoids this screen. Apparently, the PassCard was not being detected by my DS. In a panic, i reset the system and tried again. Didn't work. Tried it a third time, with the same results.

Then, i took another game i had, and popped it in the DS game slot, thinking that the slot was blown or something. The official game worked fine, nothing wrong, nothing out of the ordinary. Then, i took my sister's ds and plugged the m3 and passcard in, thinking that it might just be my ds. Still didn't work.

So, now i'm stuck with a Mini SD card with a bunch of DS games on them and a useless PassCard. Anyone know (a) what happened, or what caused this to happen, (b) if there is some way i can get this fixed, Â is there any way to contact the company in this matter, and (d) how to prevent this in the future.

2. AshuraZro

AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Feb 21, 2004
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    Best idea I can come up with is checking the pins on your passcard and see if anything is obstructing them.

3. 3vil
    OP

3vil Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2007
    United States
    Checked that, and cleaned them off with a rag (to the best of my ability) and it hasn't worked

4. thegame07

thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 16, 2006
    try using a little bit of alcohal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice