Serial Numbers for Dual IPS Pokemon 20thh N3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by GeneraLight, Apr 21, 2017.

1. GeneraLight
    OP

GeneraLight GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2012
    United States
    Hi,

I'm looking to buy a Dual IPS N3DS on ebay. I want to know which serial numbers have been confirmed to be Dual IPS for the Pokemon 20th Anniversary New 3DS.

2. anonynom

anonynom Punchyleaf

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    Dual IPS pokemon N3DS
    Serial: YW7008

GeneraLight likes this.
  3. GeneraLight
    OP

Nov 20, 2012
    United States
    Is that just yours or is that the only serial that has it?

4. anonynom

anonynom Punchyleaf

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    That is The serial for any system manufactured at the same time in that group. So most should have dual IPS or at least one IPS screen if it has YW7008. Now if a system has been refurbished or anything, serial may not matter depending on how they were fixed. I had a Majoras mask XL that was top IPS and lower tn and sent it off to Nintendo to fix the top dead screen and I got back a Top TN screen.

5. GeneraLight
    OP

Nov 20, 2012
    United States
    Oh, okay. Do any of the letters or numbers after YW7008 matter? What was your full serial?

6. anonynom

anonynom Punchyleaf

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    The full serial isn't necessary, the two letters and the 4 numbers at the beginning of the serial are what matters.after The rest are the digit that are console specific, so in case you ever lost your 3DS or so, the full serial on the box can be used to contact Nintendo and move your info over.
    Here it is on 3DSIDENT so you can see the screen types and serial first 6 digits.

Attached Files:

GeneraLight likes this.
  7. GeneraLight
    OP

Nov 20, 2012
    United States
    Thank you. I wonder if there's more serials that are Dual IPS for the New 3DS

8. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    Well I got a Pearl White and it's Dual IPS if that's of intrest? (The serial that is)

9. GeneraLight
    OP

Nov 20, 2012
    United States
    That's the XL model right? What was the serial number? I wonder if XLs and normal sized N3DSes can share the same serial.

10. anonynom

anonynom Punchyleaf

Aug 19, 2015
    United States
    New Jersey
    There are. The only ones I've seen able to have dual IPS seem to be only the Pokémon 20th and the Super Mario Land bundle.

Out of the standard model new ones I mean, not XL

GeneraLight likes this.
  11. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    Yes, it's an XL. My girlfriend got a Pink N3DS XL and it's also (haven't checked with 3DIdent) IPS screens on both bottom and top.

QEF10506 - Pearl White XL

12. DudFunk

DudFunk Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2017
    I think if you really are that bothered you should just buy the IPS replacements and get them installed, may even work out at the same price then gambling and returning non-ips models, good luck with the search!

Kind of off topic but is there anyway to calibrate the screens that persists through reboot/system shut down?I have used LCD Tweaker but the effects are not permanent.

13. jmhannz

jmhannz GBAtemp Fan

Apr 4, 2017
    United States
    I picked up one today QW1200, Top IPS bottom TN. At least the important screen is IPS :)

14. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Fan

Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    I just picked up mine that I bought on ebay which was supposed to be dual ips. YW7008. It was dual TN. I saw that after two seconds and then checked with 3dsident for "laughs".

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

15. jmhannz

jmhannz GBAtemp Fan

Apr 4, 2017
    United States
    I think there are like NO dual IPS ones. Sellers lie too which is dumb. I found mine at a used game store local to my house, mom pop shop, they were asking $199 and it was never opened. They let me turn it on and test it and yeah impulsed it over top IPS. Because I can switch the bottom IPS if I was to really get crazy but as long as top IPS is there its good for me. Now that I have a hyrule edition and this one I have no idea what I want to daily driver. Both are brand new, which should I keep 'mint' for collection purposes... tough choice

16. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Fan

Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    Of course there are dual ips consoles, both the small version and the XL. Takes you two seconds to find it on google and youtube. This is not an issue for me because I'm covered by ebay guarantee.