september 29th, information will be anounced.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by No Name Trowa Barton, Sep 7, 2010.

1. No Name Trowa Barton
    OP

Member No Name Trowa Barton Namaiki iun-ja naiyo™

United States
    "???????29??????????????????????????????????????"
    -?????????????29?????????????????????????????

sorce http://www.bloomberg.co.jp/apps/news?pid=j...id=aw6fGOsg.GBI

basicly according to the article news on the japanese release will happen on the 29th

i plan on importing the system at launch even though the dsiware store whatever is region locked... well actually thats why i am getting a japanese one XD i love japanese games.

i sugest waiting to get a US one if you live in the USA

2. Erdnaxela

Member Erdnaxela GBAtemp Fan

France
    Thanks but we already knew that ^^'
    Let's hope to see more video of 3DS games.

3. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Importing at launch? Not quite sure that's the world's best idea. Why? Because I'd be willing to bet that even normal 3DS games are region locked. So unless you're fluent in Japanese and have a source that can get you Japanese games with no extra shipping costs, you're probably gonna be out of luck.

4. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I don't think DS games were region locked, I don't see why they'd go region locked over the 3DS. Besides, if anything it'll get them more money making it region free. More people would buy imports. Hell, I know people here who import copies of Pokemon and what not and then buy the game when it gets released over here. It's just an easy way to make people buy the same game twice or for them to generally buy more games.

But of course this is assumption, I'd rather wait until it's launched before I make that decision.

5. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    Wasn't there a Nintendo of America conference regarding the 3DS around the same day?

6. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    The DS is completely region free; any DS or DSi Enhanced game can be played on any DS Phat or Lite. The DSi, however, is partially region locked. While normal DS games are still region free, you can't play imported DSi Enhanced or DSi Exclusive games.

It's not too hard to imagine them doing the same with the 3DS, which is a shame.

7. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    As of now, the DS is the only system in the game that is region free. As shown with the Wii, Nintendo obviously has nothing against region locking. I think it's very plausable they could region lock 3DS games. And what with all the extra security they're throwing on there, it wouldn't be hard for them to add region locking. Though they may well stick with region free, like the DS.

Just don't import on launch day. Companies don't usually advertise region locking, and it would be a real disappointment for any American stuck with a Japanese 3DS.

8. mgmanman

Newcomer mgmanman Newbie

United States
    lots rumors are around, but I don't believe this can be launched until next year.

9. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Why? There's been like 3 fairly credible leaks all pointing to late November. And why would Nintendo shoot themselves in the foot by letting Sony and Microsoft have Christmas all to themselves?

10. No Name Trowa Barton
    OP

United States
    ???????????????????????????i?????????????????????????????????????????????

dont worry XD my dsi ll is japanese and my pokemon black is japanese ?? i import stuff... because i am learning Japanese. lol

11. No Name Trowa Barton
    OP

United States
    in western countrys such as the uk and usa it wont be untell next year. redgie said that but for japan more then likley this year. its how it sometimes is. japan gets it first.

12. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    I don't know if you know this, but Reggie says a lot of things.

13. manobon

Member manobon GBAtemp Regular

United States

I thought it was only the DSiWare stuff that was region locked? As in, you could still use a retail DSi exclusive/enhanced game on all DSis. Not sure, but wanted some clarification either way.

14. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    Any DSi enhanced/exclusive games are region locked on DSi.

A better way to say this would be anything that is played on DS/DS Lite is not region locked, anything else is region locked.

15. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Which essentially means that region free ended for Nintendo with the DSi. I wouldn't doubt that the 3DS will have region locking.

16. Chaosruler

Member Chaosruler GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    Nintendo gotta understand how bad it feels for example to purchase games in stats such as mine (Israel) with for example NTSC region 3DS and eventully buying a bootleg PAL game, being unable to test the game before playing it (That's how rules go here) and being unable to play it, it sucked for home consoles, it'll suck for handlehands, I understand the concept bzns wise, but Nintendo gotta take to account that they can't mess with their customers too much, it'll just bring losses

17. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Of course, we understand. I still don't quite understand the point of region locking. The money still goes to Nintendo.

18. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    Region locking is mostly for parental control, since different region uses different game rating systems.

19. No Name Trowa Barton
    OP

United States
    3 days left im excited XD

20. Bluelaserman

Member Bluelaserman I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!

Australia
    I thought this was going to be about the "WiiHD". Since I haven't heard much news about it...