Hacking Semi Bricked 4.3 Japanese Wii

Super.Nova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
As simple as the title suggests.
I've been handed a Wii by a friend of mine who wanted me to install HBC and all, only to find that it got semi bricked without having any kind of homebrew whatsoever.
The system menu is in Japanese and I can't get to the settings menu as you've already guessed.

All tutorials I found speak of installing bannerbomb which isn't working (thus concluded it's on 4.3) and gave absolutely no reaction once accessed the SD card.
Installing letterbomb requires MAC address and I can't reach that in my state.

Please help me, templars!!!

Reactions: jwitz

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
If it's on 4.3, you could try using letterbomb, since bannerbomb doesn't work on 4.3, though you would need to know the MAC address of the Wii for that to work.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the wii is was ever setup to use a wifi network, and is set to default use that network, use the aircrack suite to sniff its mac address. Or just use smash stack jap.

Super.Nova

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
The Wii is from my friend and it was never set to work with my router ---> cant get MAC address from there.

I found a way to extract the MAC address from any save file created on a console and it worked in my case.
It appears the Wii was originally 4.2 Japanese and was updated to 4.3 US.
It was a missy situation but I managed thanks to the scene.

BTW the MAC extracting app is called "FE100-1.2b".
With this, you can install HomeBrew Channel on a semi bricked Wii and continue with changing region to your liking.
I changed it to US 4.1 then updated to latest via Wi(damn)Fi and letterbombed with goodies : )

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Well if it works. I can't see much reason a US resident would want to import a Japanese Wii to softmod to US. Seems like a waste of money. The opposite would be more cost effective. US Wiis are everywhere here, Japanese are not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Youtubebox +1