Sega Megadrive (Genesis) Flashback Mini HD with an USB on internal mother board

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by spikimini, Dec 10, 2017.

1. portaro

portaro Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2019
    Portugal
    On command line try this →

adb devices
    adb shell mount -o rw,remount,rw /system
    adb push /your/user/all-games.ini /system/atgames/
    adb shell mount -o ro,remount,ro /system
    adb shell ls -al /system/atgames
    adb devices
    adb pull /system/atgames/all-games.ini
    adb shell mount -o rw,remount,rw /system
    adb shell mv /system/atgames/all-games.ini /system/atgames/all-games.bak
    adb shell ln -s /sdcard/Games/all-games.ini /system/atgames/all-games.ini
    adb shell mount -o ro,remount,ro /system

I also have your same problem in past and this commands works for me but I use Linux.

Then you need do the start steps to create new all-games.ini and put your games in the folder of /games →
    "adb devices"

This command starts the adb daemon and verify the flashback is connected

"adb pull /system/atgames/all-games.ini"

This command copies the all-games.ini file you will need to modify to your computer.

"adb shell mount -o rw,remount,rw /system "

This command is where the risk starts, it tells your flashback to allow modifications to the system folder.

"adb shell mv /system/atgames/all-games.ini /system/atgames/all-games.bak"

This command creates a backup of the original all-games.ini to restore if needed later.

" adb shell ln -s /sdcard/Games/all-games.ini /system/atgames/all-games.ini"

This command creates a symlink from the original all-games.ini and points it to the NAND Flash for easy access.

" adb shell mount -o ro,remount,ro /system"

This command restores the original read only state to the system files.

Open NAND FLASH folder on the rk3036 device and create the folder "Games" (case is important here as well)

copy the all-games.ini file from your adb folder to the newly created "Games" folder

2. Nils

Nils Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 10, 2018
    Austria
    Hi my people!

Now another year has passed since @Hekel mentioned / announced RetroShield. I wonder, if he has made any progress or had any success with the software.

Btw, I have somehow bricked my concole and it doesn't save or load saves properly anymore. I can play games though.
    Since I have no backup, can someone please send me the original files and explain, how I can restore the original firmware?
    This would be highly appreciated!!! (Hell, I already spent so much time on it in vain and I'm feeling so desperate right now...)

Alternatively, I'm readyto install another firmware, like RetroShield if there is anything out there, yet. Does anyone have any information on this?

And oh yeah, I have the 2017 verion of the console, so there is NO SD Card slot.

I'm REALLY looking forward to hear from you guys! :-)

3. omarq8

omarq8 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2019
    Kuwait
    thanks for help but i'm using windows 10 and also using power shell is that good or not? and i did your tut but the problem still exists i took a photo so tall me what is wrong and can u do video tut for how to fix it

Attached Files:

Last edited by omarq8, May 4, 2019
  4. MicroNut99

MicroNut99 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2018
    United States
    Here is a copy of the original. Try to push this.
    and power shell is ok... if you have problem just type cmd or powershell to swap between shells... most importantly run as administrator.
    US
    all-games.ini
    https://pastebin.com/XpwH4XPH
    Code:
    adb devices
    adb shell mount -o rw,remount /system
    adb push all-games.ini /system/atgames/all-games.ini
    pause
    adb reboot

Last edited by MicroNut99, May 5, 2019
    fixingmytoys and rrifonas like this.
  5. fixingmytoys

fixingmytoys GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2018
    Australia
    Thanks for this might have a look, I want to “restore” mine back to stock to do the new mod on it "Notice Me Senpai Edition" yes not new new but i think it is the lastest for this unit unless i am wrong, yes i still have not gotten around to it , i can't find my nand back up which is the hold up

Last edited by fixingmytoys, May 5, 2019 - Reason: more info
    omarq8 and MicroNut99 like this.
  6. MicroNut99

MicroNut99 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2018
    United States
    Happy to help. :)
    As far as the 2017 usb version, if there is anything you need then please let me know.

7. omarq8

omarq8 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 2, 2019
    Kuwait
    thanks so much my friend for your help my sega now is back as i bought thanks so much i appreciate your help my god bless you

MicroNut99 likes this.
  8. fixingmytoys

Jan 4, 2018
    Australia
    okay been hunting and hunting i can not find my nand back up anyone have one i can use please, i have a AU but i dont care what version as long as i can restore it back to how it came out of he box , mine is a non obb unit 2gb please

9. portaro

portaro Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2019
    Portugal
    Nice you solve the problem in both tutorials (mine and MicroNut99) you repair the path of allgames.ini and create them, the both commands inependent of systems are similar.

Good.

MicroNut99 likes this.
  10. MicroNut99

MicroNut99 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2018
    United States
    The same.

11. masterzed

masterzed GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2015
    Gambia, The
    its now posible to use an usb device to add more roms?

12. fixingmytoys

Jan 4, 2018
    Australia
    hi guys, sorry to ask need some help getting ADB working on a new computer windows 10, i am having no luck

13. rrifonas

rrifonas GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    I'm using this driver and ADB. See if it works for you.
    This package has also the rkdumper to backup your device, but you will need to use Android Tool to switch it to Loader mode.

MicroNut99 likes this.
  14. fixingmytoys

Jan 4, 2018
    Australia
    cool thank you, i am back in again :)

15. fixingmytoys

Jan 4, 2018
    Australia
    okay can some one tell me what i am doing wrong please **** all don as admin****
    PS C:\sega> cd Dump
    PS C:\sega\Dump> adb devices
    List of devices attached * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    V5NQX36ZJH device
    PS C:\sega\Dump> adb shell mount -o rw,remount,rw /system
    PS C:\sega\Dump> adb push all-games.ini /system/atgames/ failed to copy 'all-games.ini' to '/system/atgames//all-games.ini': Read-only file system
    PS C:\sega\Dump>

16. rrifonas

rrifonas GBAtemp Regular

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    This is likely caused by the firmware you are using. If you are using one of test builds, ping me or MicroNut99 in private.

17. spanner

spanner GBAtemp Regular

Jan 25, 2008
    United Kingdom
    London,UK
    I wanted to ask is it possible to play Mega CD games on this,just got one,a 2017 model..?

Another question..
    Can you remove games so remove all the games that are not Mega Drive/Genesis games..??

Last edited by spanner, May 16, 2019
  18. MicroNut99

MicroNut99 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2018
    United States
    Cant play CD games without a mod.
    SenPai/Generations can do it. You'll have to downlown explusalpha md.emu to play SegaCD and the others for more...
    Read this thread from start, and or skip back a few pages and read the quick breakdown from rrifonas. Much is possible.

Yes. You can add and remove all gen games. The built in emu has poor compatibility.

19. fixingmytoys

Jan 4, 2018
    Australia
    hi @asper or anyone else that might now, i know this is a old post, with this i run the bat and then it will SAVE the dump in /mnt/asec/ folder in .bin format and i can pull it out the next time i hook up the falshback to my pc?

20. spanner

spanner GBAtemp Regular

Jan 25, 2008
    United Kingdom
    London,UK
    How do you go about backing up the nand on the Flashback,you need Clockworkmod recovery to copy the whole nand don't you cos its Android and this don't have it so you can only copy parts of the system you are going to change and push it to your PC using adb..?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted