1. MicroNut99

MicroNut99 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    No. Use RKDumper or Android Tool to create a backup.
    Use either one to determine the size of the nand. either 2 or 4GB

Here is copy of the info you are looking for.
    MDFBREW.ORG.7z
    https://mega.nz/#!Aho1CCaa!sundnuMumBV_ZoKQMULdtihWgs_il4eFWZPQKQN5LFU

2. WD_GASTER2

WD_GASTER2 scrublord extraordinaire!

United States
    spanner and MicroNut99 like this.
  3. asper

asper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yes You can copy it to your pc.
    Flash Dump is Made with rockchip official tools.

WD_GASTER2 and MicroNut99 like this.
  4. WarlordLex

WarlordLex Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Asper I know this is an old thread but I need some help. I've diligently followed all of your instructions but I fear I am missing something. I've got the 2017 model here in Canada that I picked up from a Walmart last week. I've successfully added Retroarch to the system using the methods described here however there seems to be a problem ith the buttons on the 2nd player controller are not being detected by retroarch. Buttons B and C arent picked up by the system at all and atleast one of the directional buttons and for some reason the start button is C. Im not sure how to fix this as the buttons mentioned wont register when I try to map them. Im no good at coding. Can you help me? Or anyone here?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The directional button that does not work on player 2 is D pad Right

5. asper

asper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  6. WarlordLex

WarlordLex Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada

Any chance you could also point me in the correct direction to change the Region of the Flashback now that I have Retroarch Installed? I would like the Genesis logo and Genesis covers back and not the Megadrive ones. I cant find a stock dump of the north american flashback anywhere.

I tried and failed to create a kl file and adb push the file to the directory suggested. After making the file in notepad and saving it as a kl file. I adb pushed the file but the controller still behaves the same after rebooting. Maybe im doing it all wrong.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  7. WarlordLex

WarlordLex Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Update: Ive worked it all out. Managed to properly adb push the new controller config files provided by another member in this thread. After doing so the original front end no longer works with the controllers which is fine. My only gripe now is that i've lost all cover art using Retroarch. The system doesnt appear to have room for all 700 cover arts after uploading the games to the console nor do I know how to apply the covers to each individual game.

8. WD_GASTER2

WD_GASTER2 scrublord extraordinaire!

United States
    yep. no cover art support.

9. DoctorMike

DoctorMike Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi,
    Having trouble with the optional last bit of backing up the NAND:
    "2 - OPTIONAL: Now to dump also the user partition you should do some math but this is not needed if the memory chip is the same as mine;
    if, at the end of the parameter.txt you have the following values:
    [email protected](system),[email protected](user) it is like mine !
    it means that (user) partition starts at 0x001BA000 and the "-" before the @ mens it doesn't know how big is it ! If you have a 4GB chip the "count" value
    will be 0xD2C00000; to see if it is a 4GB chip click the "ReadFlashInfo button and on "Flash Size" you should read: 4256MB; if so use the above value, if
    not you need to do some extra maths: using Windows Calculator set in Programmer's mode you need to add the 2 values of last partition (in our example 000C8000
    and 000F2000) and subtract them form the whole size (in hexadecimal value!) of your nand chip (ex.for a 2GB chip the total number of bytes will be 80000000,
    which, divided by 512 makes 400000 so you need to do: 400000 - (000C8000+000F2000) = 00400000 - 001BA000 = 246000. So for (user) partition "Start" will
    be:0x001BA000 while "Count" will be 0x00246000.
    3 - If you want to permanently add that value substitute, inside parameter.txt, the " - " in [email protected](user) with [email protected] or whathever the
    value is and save !"

have the 4GB NAND 2017 sega megadrive, and the maths seems out. When using 0xD2C00000 (56Gigs in decimal!!!) the last user partition is clearly wrong. Trying to work out the right count for a 4GB chip, the 2GB example above is a bit confusing, as it says divide by 512, but mixes Hex and Decimal in the process. I think that this is right:

4GB = 1 0000 0000 (hex) = 4,294,967,296
    Divide by 512 = 8,388,608 or 80 0000 (hex)
    Subtract 1BA000 (the agreed start of this partition) = 64 6000 (hex), the required count.
    This produces a file of just over 3GB, which seems right.

Can someone check my maths, please? And, maybe, consider changing the readme for this part?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  10. MicroNut99

MicroNut99 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It does require some calc, here are the values.
    2GB : [email protected](user)
    4GB : [email protected](user)

However, that method isn't needed anymore to create the same backup.

Here is a backup tool for the console: Genesis_FB_HD_2017_RKDumper_BackupTool.7z

Put the console into Loader Mode and run the dumper.cmd (Might have to rt.click and RunAs Administrator)
    Backup will be stored in the "Output" directory
    [​IMG]

Make sure there are no spaces in the directory paths or the dumper wont run.
    https://postimg.cc/Cz1ZnvwH
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    dcuk7 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Megadrive, (Genesis), Flashback