1. WD_Gaster

WD_Gaster Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    i will be addressing the bug with the sound shortly. it shouldnt be playing when launching an external app. but thanks for the vid.

2. Hekel

Hekel GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    Allright out there! Everyone who wants to test my:

"SEGA MEGA DRIVE/GENESIS FLASHBACK HD - REGION CHANGER "

Hit me with a PM. You will be able to change the Original DASHBOARD to any Region you want without reflashing youre system. Pretty usefull in some cases!

Unbenannt.png

3. asper

asper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I was finally able to (partly) use a twrp recovery (adb only); if there is some of you out there expert in recovery source build please contact me.

Hekel likes this.
  4. asper

asper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I was able to use the terminal emulator from inside the console without connecting it to the PC; TWRP v3 recovery is working using mouse but it is unable to mount partitions (need to investigate more); I will try to get wifi dongle to be recognized by the system in the following days, whish me good luck :P

Hekel likes this.
  5. Hekel

Hekel GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    Good luck :-D we believe in you

6. Hekel

Hekel GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    Looks like the australia version has an additional sticker on it:

B177A52A-A594-455E-A9B2-A98A26DCD649.jpeg

Will try to track one down :-D If someone can buy one uf these and is willing to send me the console i would pay for it. Just if someone is able to get a sealed one.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  7. Excalibur007

Excalibur007 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Found an alternate version of NBA Jam TE that works. You'll need to use the one with [f2] at the end of the name.

Unfortunately, Forgotten Worlds does not seem to work because of the 6 button controller. It would probably work with a 3 button wired controller, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm surprised no one has patched the game to be compatible with 6 button controllers. Surely there's at least a better emulator that fixes that problem (which appears even on original hardware).

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  8. Hekel

Hekel GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    Hey there, finally a new update! I Proudly present my Custom Original Dashboard!

As we know now there has been 4 different Region versions of the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis Flashback HD.

DE-Version
    This version lacks of a complete menu. Its missing the Mortal Kombat section and the About section. It looks like ATGAMES released they‘re console with different games on the machine. The DE-Version is missing the following Retail titles:

Assault City
    Astro Warrior
    Defenders Of Oasis
    Kenseiden
    Kung Fu Kid
    Mortal Kombat *
    Mortal Kombat II *
    Mortal Kombat 3 *
    PsychoFox
    SnailMaze
    SuperColumns
    TheNinja

*The Roms are still remaining on the system but it doesnt show up cause of the missing Mortal Kombat section.

The Game Gear Games haves all US-Covers, seems like ATGAMES preffered those. Overall i would say this is the most incomplete version that exist.

EU-AU Version
    Those versions are basicly pretty simulaire. But the AU-Version contains a different Build of the main Dashboard APK. Both Versions are missing the About section and the following Bonus Games:

Bottle Taps Race
    Break The Fireline
    Chess
    Fish Tank Live
    Hang Man
    Mahjong
    Maze 2010
    Snow Boarding
    Warehouse Keeper

Seems like those Bonus Games are DE-exclusive titles. Those Both Versions has aswell the US-Covers for Game Gear Games.

USA Version
    The USA Version contains the complete Dashboard. But its missing the same Bonus Games as the EU-AU Versions. The Covers are all region related.

This Custom Dashboard contains all games and fixes some covers. And for sure it unleashes the full Dashboard with all Features! I think it will not be allowed to put a download in here as it contains licenced material. But i will soon post a link on my YouTube channel.

Regards
    Hekel

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    JackMonty, DarthDub and Ulmez like this.
  9. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    Random:

Anyone tried install the APK to android TV?

10. Hekel

Hekel GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    Not yet i was thinking to do it but at the end it wouldnt change anything.. well you could make it portable xD... but i dont see the sense behind it :-)

KiiWii likes this.
  11. Hekel

Hekel GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    And here the Genesis Version:

Both versions contains a highly edited all-games.ini file which makes it easyer to manage all original games.

Ulmez likes this.
  12. Hekel

Hekel GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    Yay! Only missing the AU-Version which is on the way.

847E2EF6-BFF6-48B2-939A-EAA13EBBD319.jpeg

asper likes this.
  13. Menzo1986

Menzo1986 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i don't know if it's already posted here but how can i change the menu sections like you did in the video.
    the Sonic games, Bonus games part.

14. Hekel

Hekel GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    :-) finished another project of mine.. here is my selfmade devolpment console for the SEGA Mega Drive Flashback HD:

54BDE32F-5359-41AA-B4DA-96967BF53686.jpeg
    939982D4-C182-482F-8818-BA67C5F0856C.jpeg
    Need to make a custom sticker later :-) do it for now!

fixingmytoys likes this.
  15. JackMonty

JackMonty Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Very Cool Hekel, did you have to make new sections in the all-games.ini file to get games to appear under the newly created menu sections? Also how is your retroshield mod coming along?

16. Hekel

Hekel GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    No you have to work with the actual existing sections. Basicly its just renamed- but the new .ini file contains alot of tips and tricks how to manage all games. And i sorted the ini file so its easy to handle.

Retroshield is working great so far. At moment im trying to tweak the controller so they work with the original dashboard / retroshield AND RetroArch. Maybe its possible to make 2 functions per button. We will see :-)

JackMonty likes this.
  17. JackMonty

JackMonty Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Sounds great let me know if you need some one to test it out for you before you do an official release!

Hekel likes this.
  18. Hekel

Hekel GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    @asper

Some ppls asked me for a pic from inside:

033D5FA3-1D97-4112-AEC1-5B29BE9B3390.jpeg

Its basicly an upgrade of the USB-Mod. If you already have performed this you just have to add 2 more wires and a switch. The first brown wire is GND, the second is sense. Wire those cables to a 3 Pole Switch. Take care that the GND is in the middle. With this method you can later add a LED, which lights up when youre in device mode. The power for the led can be taken off the original led board (red wire). You might have to create youre own Mini-USB to USB cable, dont know if this can be buyed.

198F7B50-71F5-48D9-BFB0-042D432F1C20.jpeg

fixingmytoys, DarthDub and asper like this.
  19. Hekel

Hekel GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    Maybe someone likes to see my dev unit in action:

DarthDub likes this.
  20. Hekel

Hekel GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    I still have troubles on a device of mine. It looks like im stuck in the bootloader/dfu mode. Means i can reflash the system but after reboot it still remains in the bootloader mode. Anyone a idea how i get out of that?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Megadrive, (Genesis), Flashback