SEGA is reviving five of its classic franchises, including Jet Set Radio

With The Game Awards announcing dozens of new games, SEGA stole the spotlight by announcing nearly a dozen games on their own. SEGA is bringing back some of its old, most beloved IPs, by revealing five new games. Jet Set Radio, Golden Axe, Shinobi, Crazy Taxi, and Streets of Rage are all getting brand-new games. SEGA calls this a new era for the company, with these games set to release over the next handful of years. Early gameplay can be seen within the trailers, with the Jet Set Radio gameplay looking quite similar to that old supposed SEGA leaked gameplay reel from years ago.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop being a fucking asshole. Everyone knows it's the same thing you're just here to nitpick at people and be negative. Go outside and get some sun for once video games aren't everything.

By your logic Sega doesn't make Sonic games either Sonic Team does. No one fucking cares except you.
...its not the same thing. Also projecting much? You're just mad that I corrected you about Atlus making Persona and not SEGA. Maybe you should be the one that needs to go outside seeing how angry you're getting.

Last edited by PacBunnyXV07,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair point, but I was hoping for a new offline Phantasy Star.

Regarding Outrun, I think they hit the nail in the head with the last one. It's pretty much what Outrun could hope to be.
Too bad there's no recent home ports or remasters.
Tetris and Puyo games are always the same, but they're so much fun and that's the point.

My point is that releasing OutRun again would be great, in 60fps and possibly even better graphics than the PS3/360 version though there's one problem: Ferrari licensing.

Sega are cheapskates so they'd just use some crappy cars if they wouldn't license them again.

Remember Sega Ages OutRun on PS2?

Nope. It's not the same. 😕

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wait what, Sega remembers they have other IPs outside of Sonic and Yakuza??

Heh, about effing time, lol. I knew about the JSR one, but not the rest. Curious to see how their JSR will fare against Bomb Rush Cyberfunk. But guess as long as the game is cool and stylish. Gimme more Hideki Naganuma goodness pls :D

And man, I really, REALLY hope they don't fuck up Crazy Taxi too much. So far, I haven't found like any similar games that were as good as it, meh. Myself I'd have some ideas for mixing things up a little, without deviating from the core game, but welp, can only hope they like have the same ideas as I do, uh.

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just hope we see a revival to the shining force rpg series. the replay value and time spent on those games for me was immense

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking of it, is it really fair to say they're reviving Streets of Rage? I mean a new entry is awesome, not denying that, but Streets of Rage 4 is only 3 years old, that's not a dead franchise at this point. Might as well have included Monkey Ball in this announcement, I mean there has gotta be another one on the way, and it was already revived a few years ago with the most recent entry being 2 years old, pretty much putting it in the same boat as Streets of Rage.

sno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I don't care about Sega bringing back jetset radio. Bomb rush cyberfunk is the spiritual successor to the franchise. Sega and all these other companies seem to have cold feet when it comes to the less top grossing genres that are way overdone (like shooters and whatever else is popular). It's like when mighty no. 9 came out because they weren't doing anything with mega man (am I remembering this right?) These companies don't want to take risks and twiddle their thumbs and wait for other people to take risks. The video game industry makes no sense. It's over saturated- yes. But it is over saturated with the wrong type of games. There's probably other logistical explanations for why things are this way but I'm gonna keep my head down. It's like video game companies forgot they were video game companies.

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a shame a new Phantasy Star single player game wasn't announced, the current offering isn't bad but it just feels too bloated. Out of what they did announce however i'm mostly interested in JSR given i still love firing up Future from time to time.

Reactions: Azael_inf

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Could we get a new Chu Chu Rocket game? First it released on Dreamcast, then GBA, then mobile (no longer downloadable) and Apple Arcade (ditto). It came out on weird consoles, it could've came out on the Wii/GameCube/PS2 but it only came out on those

Reactions: iamisaac

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's hardly a new era for Sega if all they're doing is remaking old games.

I was really excited watching the teaser but then realised it was just nostalgia and I could play all those games right now anyway.

This "remake" era of gaming is frustrating as hell if you're old.

profeten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's hardly a new era for Sega if all they're doing is remaking old games.

I was really excited watching the teaser but then realised it was just nostalgia and I could play all those games right now anyway.

This "remake" era of gaming is frustrating as hell if you're old.
Who said they were remakes?

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
They've got their work cut out for them living up to the other Jet Set Radio-inspired games released recently, but almost all the others seem like safe bets to generate a lot of interest. Shinobi and Crazy Taxi are must-buys for me so long as the price is right.

I thought Sega wasn't interested in bringing Jet Set Radio back...
Anyways...I finally get to play it and being at it's best.

Sega also said a while back that is was considering bringing some game series back, I believed when asked something related to JSR, so I was kinda expecting it. I am just sad they seem to leave JSR Future un-ported to the PC.

Regarding Crazy Taxi, remember when Sega sued EA for Simpsons Road Rage and them never released a mainline Crazy Taxi again?

Reactions: Xzi

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sega also said a while back that is was considering bringing some game series back, I believed when asked something related to JSR, so I was kinda expecting it. I am just sad they seem to leave JSR Future un-ported to the PC.

Regarding Crazy Taxi, remember when Sega sued EA for Simpsons Road Rage and them never released a mainline Crazy Taxi again?
Why are you saying JSR? Its Jet Set Radio.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Why are you saying JSR? Its Jet Set Radio.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/acronym

Also,

JSRF-Jet-Set-Radio-Future-NA-cover-art.jpg

Have you complain your woes to Sega as well?

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?