SEGA is reviving five of its classic franchises, including Jet Set Radio

With The Game Awards announcing dozens of new games, SEGA stole the spotlight by announcing nearly a dozen games on their own. SEGA is bringing back some of its old, most beloved IPs, by revealing five new games. Jet Set Radio, Golden Axe, Shinobi, Crazy Taxi, and Streets of Rage are all getting brand-new games. SEGA calls this a new era for the company, with these games set to release over the next handful of years. Early gameplay can be seen within the trailers, with the Jet Set Radio gameplay looking quite similar to that old supposed SEGA leaked gameplay reel from years ago.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They've got their work cut out for them living up to the other Jet Set Radio-inspired games released recently, but almost all the others seem like safe bets to generate a lot of interest. Shinobi and Crazy Taxi are must-buys for me so long as the price is right.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Golden Axe was so much fun back in the day! a new game needs to be 2D / 2.5D and nothing like Golden Axe Beast Rider however.

Potentially interesting news, however given Sega's track record with Sonic I won't get excited just yet...

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been waiting a long time for Sega to do something with these IPs.
Especially something good as suppose to just a cheap effort.
Looks like they went all in with Golden Axe and JSR, Shinobi is looking artistic but different gameplay wise and streets of rage I hope stays true to the original mechanics rather than toss them out.
Hope they keep up this trend and revive some obscure IPs too like Alien Storm, Crackdown, Gain Ground, heck Afterburner Climax could use another port.
Crazy Taxi looks pretty good too though I hope it's not multiplayer only focused.

Reactions: Xzi and Marc_LFD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.