GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SegaLogo.JPG

The last sega console was Dramcast... how this all end again? people told me they just quit and some say reason of sony and nintendo war or they in bankrupt?
what the real story from that point? i know they still making game and arcade game. i not sure why they stop the console things?

------------------------
I remember olden days game war over Nintendo and Sega like:
kids drawing Nintendo Mairo vs Sega Sonic kills over each other, in most UK game magazine.
after years sega gone and the main character still alive

747.jpg

Sonic on microsoft xbox, sony playstaion, pc and Nintendo.

some you young gamer today never know how sonic was a hero?

Boneman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The first game i ever bought with my own money was Sonic for the Master System. I was 12, and did a report in english class about how i came home from school and it was sitting on my bed in the package from the game shop...it was the greatest day of my life.
rofl2.gif

Its funny to look back at gaming when youve been around it a while ( im 28 now) , and see how things have changed.

I think mostly its for the better...mostly.

skywarp

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
While the genesis Sonic games were great, none of them can stand up to the best Mario platformers; Super Mario 3, Super Mario World, and Super Mario 64.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a huge fan of the Sega Saturn (over 110 games, mostly backups
wink.gif
) and although I didn't own a Genesis I am happy there's emulation. I did own a SMS . . Space Harrier has never been better than on the SMS with the 3D glasses on! But Sonic has never been in Mario's league. Doesn't matter whether you compare Sonic vs. Mario in 2D platforming, 3D racing, or 3D adventure ... Mario wins all categories hands down.

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When sonic first came out it blew me away. It was like the Mario type of game but with blazing speed and incredible graphics. For their time Sonic 1&2 were amazing. IMHO Mario games were like alot of games that came out on the early consoles where the main character solved the puzzle of the area and moved forward to the next platform. Mario just did it better than the others. Now there is a sentimental following for Mario that is incredible and all forms of mario games have come out. I think the recent New Super Mario Brothers is the best of these. I like upgrades to old games that keeps the same feel as the original..

Anyway. I think the guy asked why Sega doesn't sell consoles any more. The simple reason is that they weren't making money selling consoles anymore. The reasons for this are exhausting so I won't go into it. Sega decided they may be able to survive by selling their successful franchises on other consoles as a third party and that's where they are today.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Long story short.......
The Saturn bombed (too difficult to program for, the new kid on the block Sony signing exclusive rights to the better games series) despite being a great machine and my all time favourite.

Dreamcast released.... sweet machine in all departments, but not enough of a leap forward to compete with the "soon-to-be-released" PS2. Zero advertising of any quality meant most of the public were unaware exactly what a Dreamcast was for, and what games were on it, whereas Sony were hyping and advertising the PS2 to death even prior to its release. Final nail in the coffin, a supposedly "secret" piece of code in the bios that, once discovered, enabled the simplest pirating in video game history... no region protection, boot from CD-R without the hassles of mod-chips etc.... Nighty Night Dreamcast game sales.

Both consoles have a mighty fanbase that is still going strong today - including myself.

We all dream that one day the mighty Sega may return to hardware production, especially after their buy-out by Sammy or whatever they're called - but it is just that.... a dream. There is (and never really was) enough pieces of pie to go around.

cry.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I used to love sonic. The sonics on the megadrive and on the dreamcast were brilliant. Also my favourite is Sonic Rush on the DS. Though recently sega has made some very poor Sonic games Shadow the hedgehog, Sonic Heroes the list goes on. I think they should either give up with Sonic or making it more playable in 3D.

I've played the latest sonic demo on xbox live (Can't remember its name), the controls and graphics were terrible. Hopefully this game was very beta or sega will be making a mistake releasing it. Sega haven't done much games wise since the dreamcast died. The dreamcast isn't everyone cup of tea but it had some great games.

Because of the Sonic games being so poor I've voted for Mario. Nintendo always seem to know how to keep the Mario games fresh and very playable.

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used to love sonic. The sonics on the megadrive and on the dreamcast were brilliant. Also my favourite is Sonic Rush on the DS. Though recently sega has made some very poor Sonic games Shadow the hedgehog, Sonic Heroes the list goes on. I think they should either give up with Sonic or making it more playable in 3D.Â

I've played the latest sonic demo on xbox live (Can't remember its name), the controls and graphics were terrible. Hopefully this game was very beta or sega will be making a mistake releasing it. Sega haven't done much games wise since the dreamcast died. The dreamcast isn't everyone cup of tea but it had some great games.

Because of the Sonic games being so poor I've voted for Mario. Nintendo always seem to know how to keep the Mario games fresh and very playable.

I agree with you about the recent sonic games. If a company is going to stray from the original idea of a game it had better be really good or the critics will be twice as hard on the game as they would be. I've seen this happen to remakes of games like Galaga, Centipede, R-Type etc... where the new games were not recognizable as being related to the original game.

I wish that sega would make new sonic games with new levels etc.. using a 3d sonic in a semi 2d world on a console. Kind of like Sonic Rush but with much better graphics and more detailed levels. I think going back to their roots would bring rewards to them.

leetdood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When I was a kid, my uncles owned a Genesis. I used to love playing Sonic 2 on it all the time, and I owned SMB3 at home.. I guess that answers your question. Sonic wins, hands down. I'd love a mario game more than a sonic game, but the characters themselves? Sonic and his chili-dog loving.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Pepsi owns Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut, so that made since Pizza hut pizza was sold in Taco bells.