Why are console wars still a thing?

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo fanboys are somewhat the worst ones of the bunch.

They praise Nintendo games for never losing their value as if that's good for the consumer... No, it's not. People are just not gonna buy it and if they want to play it then they may end up pirating it because of the stupid prices.

And the LEGO fanboys... Those get annoyed when others call the Lego blocks/bricks simply as "Legos" (I do too). lol

I watched this cop video yesterday and it made me chuckle how one of the cop cars was a Tesla and they too call it Legos.

A Tesla cop car. lmao

Dude, I fucking LOVE CodeBlueCam and every page like it. I spend hours every day enjoying crying criminals.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Also like what the others are saying, it's all about personal preference. If you like Nintendo you get Nintendo. Sony? Sony. Xbox? PC or Xbox.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also just stick to Nintendo systems before the WiiU but you're left without much options cause you've probably played all of the games you've played in the past and the replay value decreases over time
I have a 3DS and use to play MK7 online a lot, but due to hackers it just became an annoyance they'd ruin the races for the rest of us. Haven't played in months so don't know how it is now.

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
due to hackers it just became an annoyance

I never knew that there would be hackers within the lobbies of Mario Kart 7. I know that Splatoon 1 had them, and it literally makes the game unplayable.
Post automatically merged:

They praise Nintendo games for never losing their value as if that's good for the consumer... No, it's not. People are just not gonna buy it and if they want to play it then they may end up pirating it because of the stupid prices.

I also dislike how true this is. I'm not really a Nintendo fanboy (I like more of their Retro stuff than the Switch correct me if his doesn't make sense), but everytime I see people talk about Nintendo stuff being overpriced, they somehow buy it anyways or just resort to Emulating it

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Vetusomaru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
At least its mostly just petty squabbling with gamers. Just look at sports fans, especially English football fans. It often ends up with actual fights, destruction of property,etc,etc.
So true. Also in countries like Greece the sports quarrels often end up to assaults and even murders. And not just by hooligans but "regular" sports fans too. Same goes for politics arguments.

People can't afford every console out there (fair enough, shit's expensive yo) so they're overcompensating for their FOMO.

So they simp for what they have and "sour grapes" what they don't.

And that's it.
As a kid I couldn't afford consoles and games either and my parents hated video games so much that for years they wouldn't buy me video games. And it didn't had to do with money since even poor people could afford consoles like Game Boy and my parents wouldn't mind spending money at other stuff for us like toys. Even when I could finally afford some consoles, still I could only afford a few of them.

Still that never made me a fanatic fanboy that would only stick with one brand. As a matter of fact during 5th generation I liked N64, Playstation 1 and Saturn equally (I still do) since each of them had their own gems I loved.

Also just for preferring certain consoles and companies it doesn't makes me attack and mock others for not having same preferences with me. It's not like I get paid to shill my favorite consoles/brands anyway.

Point out all the butthurt Sony fanboys getting mad over exclusives that Xbox and Nintendo consoles have

Last edited by Vetusomaru,

Vetusomaru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
But don't Sony have their own Exclusives as welll?
Nope:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_5-only_games

They literally have less exclusives than failed consoles like Virtual Boy. And most of their "exclusives" quickly get ported to PC.

I'll still never forget when Sony fanboys got mad about Wii and DS surpassing PS3 and PSP at sales, about Bayonetta 2 and 3 being Nintendo exclusives (while ignoring that Nintendo is the publisher and it's thanks to Nintendo that we got new Bayonetta games)...and now getting mad with Starfield being at Xbox but not at Playstation (ignoring that it's also available at PC).

Reactions: DragonMals

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
Nope:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_5-only_games

They literally have less exclusives than failed consoles like Virtual Boy. And most of their "exclusives" quickly get ported to PC.

I'll still never forget when Sony fanboys got mad about Wii and DS surpassing PS3 and PSP at sales, about Bayonetta 2 and 3 being Nintendo exclusives (while ignoring that Nintendo is the publisher and it's thanks to Nintendo that we got new Bayonetta games)...and now getting mad with Starfield being at Xbox but not at Playstation (ignoring that it's also available at PC).

I have never known about this. And them getting mad over the WIi and the DS beating the PS3 and PSP! I don't know if it's just me, but I personally find the Wii and the DS to be more innovative (and actually more interesting and fun) than those two. While I did enjoy the big there have to offer, the Wii and the DS were meant to pass those consoles cause the Wii introduced motion controls and was good for even casual gamers and so is the DS.

SunsetFelid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sunsetfelid.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
I never really understood the console wars, I was a Nintendo kid but only cos my real interest was in handhelds until around the time the PS3 came out (I got a PS2 that year).

Today, I compare consoles based on the idea that I will only be able to buy one of them per generation, if at all. Right now I’m leaning more Xbox Series based on affordability (I already have a Switch), but last generation I leaned more PS4 because I felt it had better games than Xbox One (inb4 Game Pass). Next gen I might decide the handheld market is more worth my time than the Big 3. Who can say. But it’s not my prerogative to tell other people what to get with their own money.

JackandDick1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was being cheeky.

The reality is that even diehard proponents of any given manufacturer would likely admit that competition (and more appropriately variety) is a good thing. There is no best, just best for you. And, that's okay.

It's easy for people, including myself, to forget sometimes that games, first and foremost, should be enjoyable.

Last edited by JackandDick1,
Reactions: DragonMals

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol