Sega Axes Jobs & Games

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Sonic Colours is not even close to a Sonic Adventure 3.

Anyway, why does Sega have to foucs on Sonic? What about Shenmue? The cliffhanger is so annoying. Just make the last damn game and give the story a proper conclusion.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think they should just stop making Sonic games the thing is pretty much a death franchise that die back in 2002

It's like they all got knocked in the head and forgot completely about what makes a Sonic game great.
Well the main people of Sonic Team are no longer in Sonic Team, that and Sega Techinical Institute did a lot of work on Sonic 2-Sonic CD.

As much as I enjoyed Colours and Generations, they were still "press one direction and jump a bit". Episode 2 from what I've seen looks to revisit some of the gameplay from Sonic 3/ Sonic & Knuckles though.

Anyway, why does Sega have to foucs on Sonic? What about Shenmue? The cliffhanger is so annoying. Just make the last damn game and give the story a proper conclusion.
Sonic sells, Shenmue doesn't. Also Shenmue requires a lot more money to be developed. a 3rd game would need to be bigger, prettier and all that and Sega could not possibly make any profit on it unless they downsize it massively.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country

Sonic sells, Shenmue doesn't. Also Shenmue requires a lot more money to be developed. a 3rd game would need to be bigger, prettier and all that and Sega could not possibly make any profit on it unless they downsize it massively.

I guess. Something should be done so that the series and the fans can have some type of closure though.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

I guess. Something should be done so that the series and the fans can have some type of closure though.
We already know the ending to the series.

[yt]Ar0KojxIvmQ[/yt]

On a serious note though, starting a game series by establishing that there are supposed to be 16 parts to it was unrealistic and silly in the first place.

Reactions: 1 person

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Freaking aye, Sega! That's not the way you turn a profit, just start releasing better IP's and you'll be fine.

Because it's just that simple.

Oh, Sega. Whatever happened to the days of "Sega does what Nintendon't"?

Still living up to it, yeah?

Bowing out of the console game
Making games for other systems

finkmac

Trophies
Website
www.epicwinrar.com
XP
Country
Canada
i think they should just stop making Sonic games the thing is pretty much a death franchise that die back in 2002

It's like they all got knocked in the head and forgot completely about what makes a Sonic game great.
*Cough* Generations *cough cough* Colours *cough* They're on the right track now. I do admit that every single release for the Wii was rather unpleasant, with Unleashed as their saving grace minus the night time levels. Don't get me started on 2006... I... don't want to talk about it. That game makes me physically ill.

It seems most people on these forums are looking at the SEGA from 3-4 years ago…

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

*Cough* Generations *cough cough* Colours *cough* They're on the right track now. I do admit that every single release for the Wii was rather unpleasant, with Unleashed as their saving grace minus the night time levels. Don't get me started on 2006... I... don't want to talk about it. That game makes me physically ill.

It seems most people on these forums are looking at the SEGA from 3-4 years ago…
When you get a "good" name, it's all dandy. When you get a "bad" name though for multiple screw-up's, it follows you around.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

The only reason people tout Generations and colors as good games, is because compared to everything else after Adventures 2, it DOES look like a good game. In reality, when standing by themselves, they're not shit, but they're still pretty mediocre games.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The only reason people tout Generations and colors as good games, is because compared to everything else after Adventures 2, it DOES look like a good game. In reality, when standing by themselves, they're not shit, but they're still pretty mediocre games.
1. Adventures 2 is my *favourite* 3D Sonic game, especially the Battle edition.
2. Colours are genuinely good, even for non-fans.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

Mine, too. I'm still waiting for a game to step up to Adventure 2's level.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

They really had a pleasant and interesting story to tell with numerous plot twists, but the moment they killed Shadow, they killed all possible extensions to the story. Reviving and cloning him over and over is just obnoxious and annoying, they should make up their mind... and for god's sake, they should stop with the angst already - he wasn't originally like that, he was a really likable character and a worthy oponent for Sonic. Now he's a whiny brat.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
None of yall know what you're talking about, sega just needs to drizop a Billy Hatcher sequel
billy_hatcher_and_the_giant_egg_frontcover_large_hi9c1nej6RAlrLS.jpg

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States

They really had a pleasant and interesting story to tell with numerous plot twists, but the moment they killed Shadow, they killed all possible extensions to the story. Reviving and cloning him over and over is just obnoxious and annoying, they should make up their mind... and for god's sake, they should stop with the angst already - he wasn't originally like that, he was a really likable character and a worthy oponent for Sonic. Now he's a whiny brat.
I agree. If they killed him off, it should have stayed like that, or at least make a better plot twist out of it. Cloning him again & again made the plot they have built dwindle down.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is worrying:

"any currently announced game that isn't included on the Sonic, Football Manager, Total War, and Aliens franchises will not be published by SEGA"

I guess Anarchy Reigns will need a new publisher.

Seems really stupid, its not like Sega had a loss last year...it just didn't make as much as it thought it would. If anything they should be try to get some new developers.

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=174699

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Make Sonic Adventure 3, problem solved.

You mean Sonic Colors?
Eh. I personally wouldn't consider any of the post-SA2 games to be true SA sequels... not that none of them were good, but there was a certain gameplay and story progression to the SA titles that future titles just didn't have (actually playing individually as Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, and at least a few other characters, for starters).

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also