Sega allows Tec Toy to bring Megadrive/Genesis back in production to meet Brazil demand.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But you are not from brazil :P

To brazil their economy make it sound awful but to us is not that bad, But still i could buy any android tv or even OUYA and play 1080P Games on emulator with the emulators they have, so godlike.

That or any hacked console is just better in my opinion. I found no flaws in genesis emulation aside from maybe minor sound quality issues, but who could say it would even be fixed? I noticed in some sega 3d classics on 3ds eshop has option for genesis 2 sound but honestly i can tell the difference.

But to be honest, i wish there was more info like if it really is using official hardware for best compatibility and use roms by sd card or can play official carts or even maybe HDMI 1080P support. Maybe even work with 32x or sega cd, or you could just rom dump carts direct to sd with the system, I dunno i just thinking make me wanna try and break a leg doing somersaults. :bortz2:

(I don't actually know how to do backflips :rolleyes:)

It is said that the "new" Genesis will have no support for 32X and Sega CD.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you link me? That'd be great for a friend's birthday :P
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/st...30WXemFeTP4oarGGxE7S52eq2xq08T3RmahoCPhPw_wcB

but I have heard the controllers are crappy although I am not sure. I found one at a RiteAid for 30 bucks once.

Is not one of those mobile plug and play consoles like that neogeo x thing right?

Like the one with the 40+ games or something built into the device, look like a gameboy advance micro, and has tv output?
Yes it is that but there is a portable version and a home edition

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
it apperently features sd card slot for rom emulation
That's fucking worth it, then.
Think about it. An official SEGA Mega Drive with romz support?
Sign me up, bois!
I really hope it'll be sold internationally.

Reactions: zfreeman

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is said that the "new" Genesis will have no support for 32X and Sega CD.
Hmm, i assume is cause is the model is based off of. I think only some models can support it but i dunno, been over 20 years since i had interest in the console, with so many game ports and collection, compilations and emulators is slipped my mind. Not that many games worth it but a few like Doom, Space harrier, Knuckles chaotix, Virtual fighter, and After burner. :P

That's fucking worth it, then.
Think about it. An official SEGA Mega Drive with romz support?
Sign me up, bois!
I really hope it'll be sold internationally.
Got to confirm is not region locked. :P

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/st...30WXemFeTP4oarGGxE7S52eq2xq08T3RmahoCPhPw_wcB

but I have heard the controllers are crappy although I am not sure. I found one at a RiteAid for 30 bucks once.

Oh see yeah that thing, i thought it was this one you meant.

519wzn1SxwL._SY400_.jpg

51uWuD6iP1L._SY400_.jpg

Seriously, if is gonna be anything even compareable to retron 5 (But with official hardware emulation by retail carts or roms by sd card) I say is not so bad. Instead i would get a retron 5 or some other hack console or android tv emulator.:yay:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I belive it will sell to those who want a game system to his childs. A easy turn on and play and not fragile as a disk console. Oldies will remember the console design and feelings of play sonic and buy because a lot of people have not mutch knowedge about atual consoles. Still not people enogh to make of this a best seller. :v

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's expensive as shit and no one's buying it.
not couthing that still a " fake" :/ not running all cart games that mean that this isn't really a mega drive, but a less powerfull clone :/

If people are interested, there are some master systen and mega drice by tectoy that are like nes/famicon mini xD some game sin memory... but an strange designs and cheapo controllers :v
they keep doing nice quality controller and not so bad console until they started this thing of "games in memory" and no cart support õ3o

vinipeix

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
lol I live here and I didn't know that there was a demand for it
I mean, to this day it is still a pretty popular console among those who had it in the past

But 400 reais, srsly

The minimum wage a regular employee receives here is 880 reais, and charging half of it for a 20 year old console is a bit too much

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
If it were half the price I'd probably be willing to buy one purely because it lets you play original cartridges (unlike the shitty NES classic thing). I still have a few Genesis games sitting in a box in a storage locker that I'd play through, and the whole "ROMs" thing could probably be exploited which would be neat for games I can't find/don't have. But $120? Nah. I might as well stick with a Pi, or just about any Android device available.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sega-Genesis-Mk2-6button.jpg

Due to popular demand in Brazil, Tec Toy (The company that has been distribute sega products in Brazil since 1989) Has received permission by sega to start reproduction of the Sega mega drive also known as Genesis in North America. As of now, is not known if there will be sold in other countries yet, but it apperently features sd card slot for rom emulation.

:arrow:Source
No thanks I can get a real genesis and a mega everdrive for half the price and never bother with the bugs on board emulation sometimes presents.

EDIT:

Oh joy no HDMI either so there isn't much of a leg up on the better genesis models either.

Last edited by Daggot,

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could you link me? That'd be great for a friend's birthday :P

Only buy that if you hate your friend.

That, along with the portable versions are the same crappy one produced by Atgames and rebranded over and over and over.

Sound emulation is awful and will make anyone who has played a real Megadrive/Genesis cry :cry: and some games have graphical glitches.

Last edited by Armadillo,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that really 400 american dollars?
Someone posted a pic here converted from 399 to 129 That is From brazil currency to US Dollars. Remember, this is for Brazil, not america. No idea if any other regions will be available.

Did anyone read the title of the post? It says "TEC TOY to bring genesis back into production to me demand in BRAZIL" This has nothing to do with AMERICA. Please read more carefully people. :teach:

Tec Toy for those who do not know was sega's publisher and marketing in Brazil that usually revolve around modding games from the original to feature a popular comic book character Turma da monica (Did i say it right?)

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: DeoNaught

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Let's do a simple math.

USA minimum wage is around 8,50 dollars/hour. I know it's different in each state, but it's just an average. If someone works around 40 hours/week (which is similar to Brazil) it would make in a month a total of 160 hours. This way, 160 * 8,50 = U$1350 dollars per month.

In Brazil the minimum wage is per month, which is R$ 880,00.

R$399,00 represents 45,34% of the Brazil's minimun wage. If we convert this money to dollar, it would be U$123,99 as mentioned above. Which it represents around 9,18% of the american minimum wage.

If we look that way, the device is pretty expensive in Brazil.

Last edited by Bros.Life,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...