Hacking seedminer (single system DSiWare injection)

If you are planning on using seedminer, do you have a dedicated graphics card in your PC?

• Yes!

Votes: 207 45.1%
  • No

Votes: 105 22.9%
  • What's dedicated graphics?

Votes: 35 7.6%
  • I'm a cat, we can just guess our movable.sed through feline intuition

Votes: 112 24.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
D

Deleted User

Try this:

Go to system settings, other settings, page 4 or 5, system update. make sure to actually attempt to update with wifi on.
Rename boot9strap/key.bin to danger_reset_backup (no file extension)
Run b9sTool again, choose "Install boot9strap", and hopefully you will see luma3ds config on next reboot.

For some reason, recovery mode safe firm wasn't fixing my intentionally corrupted firm0, but this instance of safe firm did. So give it a try.

You are my God :-)
Finally I have the Luma configuration and I installed CFW. The step that I did:

1. Update firmware in safe mode
  2. Delete all from SD Card except folder Nintendo 3ds
  3. Follow 3ds.guide and copy ONLY (no folder) boot.3dsx (hb), boot.firm (luma), boot.nds (boot9strap)
  4. Launch DSIware and see the error Backup.bin not present bla bla bla
  5. Rename key.bin to dange_reset_backup
  6. ReLaunch DSIware and the sw created Backup.bin, Install boot9strap, press home button and exit and woilà Luma configuration appears

Reactions: Hunter and zoogie

Cleggas234

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys! Having a bit of a problem after FRing my laptop, getting the following error.

C:\Users\Steam\Documents\Ollie's Stuff\Hacking\Nintendo\3DS\hacksa toolsa\SeedMiner\seedminer>py -3 seedminer_launcher3.py gpu
GPU selected
Old3DS msed - this can happen on a New3DS
LFCS : 0x938544a
msed3 est : 0x1d806fd
Error est : 2526
ID0 hash 0: 39b15d2bda8d060f26f7f41fa9887259
Hash total: 1
movable_part2.sed generation success
bfcl msky 4a5438090000000000000000fd06d801 39b15d2bda8d060f26f7f41fa9887259 00000000
ocl_assert: ocl_util.c, function ocl_get_platform_ids, line 52
clGetPlatformIDs(0, NULL, p_num_platforms)
error: platform not found

Thanks!

SuperKirbylover

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
superkirbylover.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
having major problems trying to routeforce, tried updating graphics, cpu, and gpu. gpu is incredibly slow and with cpu i get an error saying it couldnt open saves/save_400000.0000 or something.

Dolphin_2018-04-16_23-30-03.png

here's an image.
send big help

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

Abandon3dRain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's in the footer of the OP. I had to change the file to give credit to someone.

There is a new guide out, I would suggest trying that instead. I consider frogminer out of beta at this point, many on the Nintendo Homebrew Discord have got it to work.
http://3ds.filthycasuals.tech/frogminer.html

Thank you for the guide! im really excited to get back to fixing my town in new leaf haha, ive been gone from it too long

kinio_64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will seedminer support SLI any time soon? i am currently using my Workstation Idle time to mine for bruteforcemovable.com and it works great but i am sure it would go faster if seedminer could use both of my GTX 1070 cards.
Is there any way to optimize settings for better GPU utilisation? or CPU <-> GPU balancing as most of the time my CPU ([email protected]) is at 28% load and my GPU seems to be used in 80% at most...

sorry if i am not making much sense, i have been working very long shifts lately :(

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will seedminer support SLI any time soon? i am currently using my Workstation Idle time to mine for bruteforcemovable.com and it works great but i am sure it would go faster if seedminer could use both of my GTX 1070 cards.
Is there any way to optimize settings for better GPU utilisation? or CPU <-> GPU balancing as most of the time my CPU ([email protected]) is at 28% load and my GPU seems to be used in 80% at most...

sorry if i am not making much sense, i have been working very long shifts lately :(
@JimmyZ is our GPU guy. I wouldn't have a clue on how to implement that.

One thing you can do right now is replace v1 msed data format with v2
Download the seedminer_launcher3.py in the Seedminer repo (NOT GUI version) and replace the one you have with it. It uses the new format which leads to faster bruteforces. v1, in fact, won't be updated anymore.

kinio_64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@JimmyZ is our GPU guy. I wouldn't have a clue on how to implement that.

One thing you can do right now is replace v1 msed data format with v2
Download the seedminer_launcher3.py in the Seedminer repo (NOT GUI version) and replace the one you have with it. It uses the new format which leads to faster bruteforces. v1, in fact, won't be updated anymore.

Do i need to do any additional steps to keep mining for bruteforcemovable or that's all?

kinio_64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how about content of save folder? it looks different then what i have just now

Edit: now i have this message

Checking for updates...
You must use this release of Seedminer: https://github.com/Mike15678/seedminer/releases/tag/v2.1.5 if you want to use this script!
Please download and extract it, and copy this script inside of the new 'seedminer' folder
After that's done, feel free to rerun this script
Press the Enter key to exit

Last edited by kinio_64,

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
how about content of save folder? it looks different then what i have just now
It uses different database files old-v2.dat and new-v2.dat. When you restart the bfm script, it should download those automatically from here.
You can also download them manually and put them in the saves/ folder if you like.

kinio_64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have replaced seedminer_launcher3.py and downloaded missing files, nothing else.
I have try deleting new files in save folder but nothing changed.
Also is this normal that i have all msed_data_00000XXX files left behind after all jobs? i have 900+ of them

Last edited by kinio_64,

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have replaced seedminer_launcher3.py and downloaded missing files, nothing else.
I have try deleting new files in save folder but nothing changed.
Also is this normal that i have all msed_data_00000XXX files left behind after all jobs? i have 900+ of them
I think it would be better just to get help here:
https://discord.gg/C29hYvh

Chat format is better for these types of things and a lot more bfm miners hang out there.
(before you go, no, those msed data bin files should be cleaned up so something could be wrong)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night