Hardware Second day with my 3DS and I already found something odd.

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I got my Zelda limited edition 3DS yesterday (YAY!)
First it came with a UK charger and a Swedish AC travel adaptor. Nothing that much odd with that.
The odd thing was something I noticed today, below/under my Circle Pad.
Here is an image of it:
gallery_99704_791_42905.jpg
Do you have this on your 3DS? I checked my brothers aqua blue 3ds and it did not have "that"
gallery_99704_791_211830.jpg

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aqua Blue US one from launch, also nothing like that. It looks like the inner ring is cracked. Besides looking bad though, I don't know if its damaging. You could send it in if you're worried about it I'm sure.

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried to move on it a bit with a pen, it seems the little plastic circle somehow got clean crack from being bent, almost as if someone have hold the disk and bent it a little until it cracked. Since its going down a down a bit and it's not like it's missing a piece

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Does it affect the movement or make any sounds when using the circle pad?
Can you move it using a small object, like a toothpick or something?
OK then.

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK then.
It does sound a little bit more than my brothers 3DS, but it mostly because my is brand new and his is 2 months old. Also my circle pad is a bit more "harder to move around" since it's not that much used yet. (like a new N64 controller vs a used one...xD)
Weird, my Zelda 3DS doesn't have that.
Have you asked Nintendo support about it?
No I have not done that yet, wanted to check online first, maybe safest to contact them? Since that disc is probably for protecting from dush and such.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
OK then.
It does sound a little bit more than my brothers 3DS, but it mostly because my is brand new and his is 2 months old. Also my circle pad is a bit more "harder to move around" since it's not that much used yet. (like a new N64 controller vs a used one...xD)
Weird, my Zelda 3DS doesn't have that.
Have you asked Nintendo support about it?
No I have not done that yet, wanted to check online first, maybe safest to contact them? Since that disc is probably for protecting from dush and such.

I'd just email or call them, provide the pictures you showed us, they will probably have some good info, and be able to tell you whether it's broken or not.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Just tried to move on it a bit with a pen, it seems the little plastic circle somehow got clean crack from being bent, almost as if someone have hold the disk and bent it a little until it cracked. Since its going down a down a bit and it's not like it's missing a piece
It's a plastic washer. It has a crack on it intentionally so it can be affixed to the slider during manufacturing. I have two 3DSs and they've both had it since purchase. The 'cracked' part tends to move around during use and is completely normal.

Took another look, that's not normal. Sorry. :)
Send it in.

CrimzonEyed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sigh when I finally bough my 3DS it's something wrong it xD

EDIT: Checked with a pen on my brothers 3DS, he have a crack in the disk too, but it's not bent down like mine :/

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Sigh when I finally bough my 3DS it's something wrong it xD

EDIT: Checked with a pen on my brothers 3DS, he have a crack in the disk too, but it's not bent down like mine :/

Don't take my word for it but I think the black plastic disc is supposed to have a "crack", or more like a fine line, due to how they are manufactured.

Personally I don't think it's worth sending in, I would suggest you to wait half a year and see if gets worse. I would also recommend lubing it once in a while during that time, making it smoother for play.

EDIT: The reason to why I think it's not worth it is that your brand new unit will probably end up getting scratched during the repair process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show