Seagate 250gb working as internal drive

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Seagate Momentus 5400.6 250GB drive with no purpose. I decided to try and make it an internal drive for Xbox 360. I used FATXplorer and it worked. I put it in my 360 and the 360 shows it as a normal internal drive. I know everyone was telling me recently that WD Scorpio is still the only drive. I guess that is not true anymore :)

ISO-Man

PS: I have 2TB Seagate I'm going to try now. - Failed Result

Last edited by ISO-Man,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iirc, we only have the security sector for the wd scorpio, and only up to 500GB. Do you have an rgh or a jtag? They can accept anything up to 2TB.

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iirc, we only have the security sector for the wd scorpio, and only up to 500GB. Do you have an rgh or a jtag? They can accept anything up to 2TB.
OEM XBOX 360

I will dump a few games on it from USB to test the integrity in a few.

Thanks,
ISO-Man

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does fatxplorer format the drive? You usually have to input the serial number on the system to format it.
I'm still working on ps3 unit right now to test drive more.. FATXplorer, you select format, then 360 hd format. It will ask a few questions (nothing pertains to me), then start format. It puts all partitions on the drive including backwards comp. Ohh, you have to have ransomeware protection off to do it in windows 10. you can turn it back on afterwards.

ISO-Man

I tested the drive this morning with Overlord II. Copied game from external to internal seagate. turned off 360 and removed external. I booted the 360 and loaded game from internal. Game played perfectly.

Last edited by ISO-Man,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still working on ps3 unit right now to test drive more.. FATXplorer, you select format, then 360 hd format. It will ask a few questions (nothing pertains to me), then start format. It puts all partitions on the drive including backwards comp. Ohh, you have to have ransomeware protection off to do it in windows 10. you can turn it back on afterwards.

ISO-Man

I tested the drive this morning with Overlord II. Copied game from external to internal seagate. turned off 360 and removed external. I booted the 360 and loaded game from internal. Game played perfectly.
No idea how that's possible on a non-rgh.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can use any make 500gb and under using FATXplorer. If I get time, I'll get my other non-Scorpio drives and try. I will test drive on a Phat unit to see if it works on that series.
I've heard of stability problems above 500GBs, and I know the security sector (ss.bin), at least for the scorpio only works with 500GB and below. I'm not sure what the largest drive the system officially supports on a retail unit is.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Does the 360 see it as the internal harddrive or as a USB device?

As far as I can remember, the security sector is required for the 360 to see the drive as a internal one.

Reactions: ISO-Man

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the 360 see it as the internal harddrive or as a USB device?

As far as I can remember, the security sector is required for the 360 to see the drive as a internal one.
Internal, it shows the 360 phat drive icon. My unit I tested it in is not a Phat.. I will test it in a phat later today.

Reactions: DinohScene

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game you used was purchased (legit) and not just an installed game from your disc, or one converted to GOD format? I assume it's the former as retail 360s can't play those no matter what.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game you used was purchased (legit) and not just an installed game from your disc, or one converted to GOD format? I assume it's the former as retail 360s can't play those no matter what.
I think he's using a retail, unmodded system.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he's using a retail, unmodded system.
I know, i'm asking about the game he used, installed games from discs can't be played without the disc. And ones converted to the GOD format can't be played either, they just show up as corrupted.

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, i'm asking about the game he used, installed games from discs can't be played without the disc. And ones converted to the GOD format can't be played either, they just show up as corrupted.
It is official xbox live marketplace version.

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1