Hacking SDHC support by flashcards

_max_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi there

I have a Nintendo DSi XL and two flash cards: DSTWO and Acekard2i.

Recently I've bought a Transcend SDHC 8GB Class 10, inserted on my DSi XL and it works perfectly.

Unfortunately I cannot find the way on howto handle the SDHC from the flashcards.

Thus my question: Does any flashcard support external SDHC ?

The dream is to move media files and possibly ROMs from the internal microSD to the external SDHC.

Thank you for any help

_max_

D

Deleted-236924

Terminator02 said:
an SDHC card is literally just an SD card with High Capacity, it's not some sort of separate entity
Nope.
Try to read a 4GB microSDHC card in an original R4.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pingouin7 said:
Terminator02 said:
an SDHC card is literally just an SD card with High Capacity, it's not some sort of separate entity
Nope.

Technically the R4 could be updated to support SDHC, but that would require flashing the SD loader part of the cart, which is read only. But as said before, SD vs SDHC vs SDXC is kind like FAT vs NTFS. If the right loader is there, you can access and also write on the file system regardless of the OS.

But as mentioned before, you cannot access the SD slot via any DS mode flashcart and no DSi mode flashcart/exploit (iEvo / Sudokuhax et al) support SD read/write like you would like.

-Qtis

EDIT: Almost Ninja'd by Rydian :33

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Qtis said:
Pingouin7 said:
Terminator02 said:
Nope.

Technically the R4 could be updated to support SDHC, but that would require flashing the SD loader part of the cart, which is read only. But as said before, SD vs SDHC vs SDXC is kind like FAT vs NTFS. If the right loader is there, you can access and also write on the file system regardless of the OS.

But as mentioned before, you cannot access the SD slot via any DS mode flashcart and no DSi mode flashcart/exploit (iEvo / Sudokuhax et al) support SD read/write like you would like.

-Qtis

EDIT: Almost Ninja'd by Rydian :33
he said he has an acekard and supercard it supports sdhc, he doen't have the original r4

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ben_not_benny said:
_max_ said:
Thus my question: Does any flashcard support external SDHC ?

None that I know of... maybe the iEvo if someone who owns one can confirm

Already answered this, but nevertheless the iEvo doesn't have access to the DSi SD slot.

-Qtis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill