Hardware SDHC question

gblock247

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K, I've looked but can't find the answer, so forgive me if this has been answered...

First, I know (at least I think I do, from the few topics I did find) that an SDHC card is NOT compatable with WAD Manager 1.3, that's not a problem, I have a 1 gb and 2gb card to use with WAD Manager to install them.

I'm looking to get a Sandisk 4gb SDHC card and wanted to make sure that there are no issues running installed VC/WiiWare games moved from Wii System Memory to the card. I already have a Sandisk 2gb (regular) card and I've got a ton of stuff on it and everything runs fine. Not sure if it matters, but the only thing I install WAD wise on my Wii are official NTSC games (no injects).

thx in advance.

gblock247

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx for the answer, bu tI'm not considerned about Wad Manager.

I was wanting to make sure that already installed channels (to the Wii System Memory) that are moved over to an sdhc card (I chose Sandisk as the make/model cause they seem to be the most reliable, even if they cost slightly more) will run off the sdhc card.

I know about the incompatability issues with running homebrew apps, I'm just trying to make sure that "installed" VC/WiiWare games will run off the card.

olijack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think you will have an issue as I have a 4gb Kingston SDHC micro SD which works for VC/Wii Ware but is not compatible with homebrew so it looks as though the issue that seems to affect some SDHC with homebrew is only an issue for homebrew.

Of course this may not be fully the case as I am only going on personal experience from the one card that I have that is incompatible all others (which are Sandisk incidentally) are fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.