Hardware SDHC help

matcon5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I made some posts elsewhere, but since it effects more than just one app I figured I make a topic.
I did plenty of searching so if I missed something don't flame me please
tongue.gif

I have a 4.0U Wii, cIOS rev 17 installed, BootMii and HBC. trying to use a Kingston 4GB SDHC card.
From the systems data management area I can copy and move things to a SDHC card, the system reads from it fine as well.
BootMii can backup my NAND to the card just fine.

But with the lastest CFG USB Loader and Wad Manager I get some errors.
With the loader I can't download any updates etc. I get a ret=1 error.
With the loader trying to update itself my Wii crashes with some DSI error exception occured etc. Holding down power for 5 seconds shuts it off.
With Wad Manager I get a ret=1 error trying to install the forwarder channel for the loader.
My 2GB Kingston card works fine for everything, it's just these SDHC cards it seems.

I've also noticed USB loader looks different between the 2GB card and the 4GB SDHC card, it's like the loader can't read certain areas of the SDHC card.
The gui for the app on the Wii looks different.
The 2GB one has the covers etc, but nothing saying "B:GUI 1:Options etc" but on the 4GB SDHC card it has under the names of the games B:GUI 1:Options etc etc. this is wierd

Is this common, or do I need to update some IOS or the systems firmware to fix it? Or just use 2GB cards?

Thanks in advance.

Christopho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea if it's common, but it happened for me too. I use a Kingston 2GB (mini-SD card with adapter) for everything, but I figured I should update it to a 4GB for more things and when I tried to load it there were a couple of problems:

1. Homebrew wouldn't recognize it at times

2. cIOS38 Installers would always return with the same error you're getting

3. Other homebrew apps returned with the same error you're getting

The only way I could fix it was by switching back to my 2GB, then I had all my problems fixed. So, I ended up giving my 4GB to my sis for her Blackberry lolz........

I would return it, if you still can, and switch back to your 2GB =/

Hope I helped ^^

EDIT: If you really want to use that 4GB or can't return it then wait for rev18 from Wanin., because I just heard from some guy that his problems were fixed by installing rev17, so the new one might work for you. Yes I know that you already have rev17, that's why I'm saying rev18 might help. If you need to see the post that he said rev17 fixed his SD problems then here's the thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207917

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
As far as the Wad Manager problems I fixed that by using Wad Manager 1.5 (the one that comes with the modify 4.2 pack). I have a 4GB kingston and a microsd 4GB sandisk. Both work fine with that Wad manager (I was on 4.0U with rev14 i think when all this occured). Also both cards works well with the copying and moving of channels and save files. My problem is when a game tries to read the card its a no go...for instance Pokemon Rumble, Animal Crossing, Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers let you take snapshots of gameplay and put it on the SD card....Well when I take a snapshot and try to save it, it says "This SD card cannot be used" It even does the same with the photo channel.....but my old 2GB microsd kingston I gave to my girl worked fine for those things.

Christopho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I guess 2GB has the best functionality/compatibility =/

For the first person, stick with what I told you
For the 2nd person, steal back your SD card XD

matcon5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any benefit to updating past 4.0u? I was thinking to update my IOS for newer games etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction to update my Wii from 4.0u to 4.1 or 4.2?

I mean, if it's recommended to do so.

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o