Hacking SDHC and Emulation

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I was wondering, if I upgrade to a SDHC mini, with any of the emulators on my HomeBrew Channel work? Or will I have to wait for them to become SDHC compatible? All of this is starting to become redundant.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
So far, only FTPii has an official rebuild with SDHC support. But since the support seems to be in devkitPRO's libogc, according to FTPii's changelog, you can probably just recompile the source with the latest devkit to get it to work.

Xonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please correct me if I'm wrong but the latest HBC (Beta 9) now supports SDHC, or so it says in the changelog.
Just thought I would point it out. =]

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joda said:
So far, only FTPii has an official rebuild with SDHC support. But since the support seems to be in devkitPRO's libogc, according to FTPii's changelog, you can probably just recompile the source with the latest devkit to get it to work.

Ill give this a shot tomorrow when I get up. Will give a test with snes9xgx 006, and a PNY 8gb class 4 card.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Miles said:
So wait, the Wii can use SDHC via the front SD Slot now?
Did I miss something?
yep, this:
marcanSDHC is compatible with old SDv1 host controllers, which is what the Wii uses, by changing only the software. It’s not officially supported in IOS but the interface is flexible enough that we can work around it.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Slowking said:
Miles said:
So wait, the Wii can use SDHC via the front SD Slot now?
Did I miss something?
yep, this:
marcanSDHC is compatible with old SDv1 host controllers, which is what the Wii uses, by changing only the software. It’s not officially supported in IOS but the interface is flexible enough that we can work around it.

... and also: The fact that HBC supports SDHC means you can run homebrew from your HC-card; BUT, those programs in themselves need to have implemented SDHC to in turn be able to read from HC-cards. In other words, you can launch snes9x from SDHC, but it can't yet load stuff (roms, saves et al.) from SDHC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Cranesbill @ Cranesbill: I forgot I was in this group :skull: