Hacking SDCafiine Does not work with Rayman Legends

DJTHED

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! About a year ago, I wanted to start modding Rayman Legends on the Wii U. I've modded for Rayman Legends for quite a while on PC, but I wanted to try the Wii U version due to how unique that version is compared to other versions, plus I already have homebrew set up on my Wii U and know that I have a working SD Cafiine setup, since I've made it work fine with Smash 4 mods easily.

But I quickly ran into a problem. It appears that for whatever reason SD Cafiine just doesn't want to load any of the modded files I have in my SD card:
(I was originally going to link a YouTube video i made showing what the problem is, but it looks like I just can't due to the low post count my account has at the moment. Maybe I'll edit in the actual link later. But here's the watch code): watch?v=mqy-2C_GyXs

In this video, I show exactly what I do to boot up the console, homebrew, SD Cafiine, and the game itself. And I show what my file system is like. I know that my game ID for my region is a match, otherwise I wouldn't have a prompt to select a mod pack. I also am pretty confident my file structure for Rayman Legends should work fine. When I boot Rayman Legends in Cemu with the patch_WIIU.ipk (.ipk is a Ubi-Art specific file type that holds game data, essentially) placed in "vol\content" where my Rayman Legends dump is, all of the mods work fine.
The modified version number of "5.5.5" displays on the bottom left of the splash screen, and my modded Character Selection Painting loads fine. My file structure for Rayman Legends on the SD Card is simply "sdcafiine\000500001010B100\UbiRay\content\patch_WIIU.ipk", which I feel is correct, especially when looking at my Smash 4 mod files as reference, which again, load fine for that game.

The attached zip on this post is my file system setup as well as the patch_WIIU.ipk file, if anyone who has Rayman Legends wants to give loading this a shot. This .ipk is confirmed to work in Cemu

And the attached image in this post shows the modded 5.5.5 version number that I expect to work when loading on genuine hardware, but just doesn't (that screenshot is in Cemu).

I do have a theory, but I have no idea if it really is true, but would the fact that Rayman Legends has never received a patch on the Wii U have anything to do with how SD Cafiine tries and fails to load in mods? Not 100% sure, just thought I'd voice my potential theory, despite my lack of knowledge on how these clever modding tools get developed. But I really, really want to find a way to get modded files to load on genuine hardware. If anyone can potentially help me there, please let me know!

Attachments

• root.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 265
  • Cemu_2020-02-01_08-46-14.png
    Cemu_2020-02-01_08-46-14.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 387
Last edited by DJTHED,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them