Hacking Sd2vita and legit game carts?

rmills55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hope someone can help!

I've got the original ps vita with a 4gb memory card running 3.65 enso.

I've just recieved a sd2vita (version 5? If that means anything) and a 64gb SanDisk micro SD card. I didn't realise a few simple things (yes I should have researched first)

I have not yet set the card up, but was planning on doing it tonight! So this is my question:

Can I have all my save games still on my memory card? Because I'm going to want to swap out the sd2vita to play my original games, I don't want to rip them onto the sd2vita! I mainly got it for PSP games but might put a few vita games on there yet, I'm undecided! So is there an easy way to use sd2vita and memory card together? Or to swap between the sd2vita card and game card because I couldn't get a easy clear answer online!

Sorry if this is simple, just don't want to break anything! Thank you all! Ryan

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, hope someone can help!

I've got the original ps vita with a 4gb memory card running 3.65 enso.

I've just recieved a sd2vita (version 5? If that means anything) and a 64gb SanDisk micro SD card. I didn't realise a few simple things (yes I should have researched first)

I have not yet set the card up, but was planning on doing it tonight! So this is my question:

Can I have all my save games still on my memory card? Because I'm going to want to swap out the sd2vita to play my original games, I don't want to rip them onto the sd2vita! I mainly got it for PSP games but might put a few vita games on there yet, I'm undecided! So is there an easy way to use sd2vita and memory card together? Or to swap between the sd2vita card and game card because I couldn't get a easy clear answer online!

Sorry if this is simple, just don't want to break anything! Thank you all! Ryan
It's best to just use autoplugin to install storagemgr and edit config within app, you will have to decide which one you want as main storage (ux0) and which one as secondary (uma0).
Vita games can only be run on ux0, and both ux0 and uma0 can be used for adrenaline psp/psx.

If you decide to setup sd2vita as ux0,
then you will need to make sure you copy contents of mem card to pc using vitashell, and from pc to sd2vita sd card before you run it otherwise main storage will be loaded as empty and you will potentially be locked out of your mem card and forced to format or get a 2nd mem card to regain acces to 1st one without formatting it.

Last edited by kaymynd,

rmills55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's best to just use autoplugin to install storagemgr and edit config within app, you will have to decide which one you want as main storage (ux0) and which one as secondary (uma0).
Vita games can only be run on ux0, and both ux0 and uma0 can be used for adrenaline psp/psx.

If you decide to setup sd2vita as ux0,
then you will need to make sure you copy contents of mem card to pc using vitashell, and from pc to sd2vita sd card before you run it otherwise main storage will be loaded as empty and you will potentially be locked out of your mem card and forced to format or get a 2nd mem card to regain acces to 1st one without formatting it.
Hi, if I do that and set up as ux0, if I turn console off, take the sd2vita out and put in a game (batman for example) and turn it back in, will it work as normal? Or do I have to turn the other memory card back on? Thank you

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, if I do that and set up as ux0, if I turn console off, take the sd2vita out and put in a game (batman for example) and turn it back in, will it work as normal? Or do I have to turn the other memory card back on? Thank you
I wouldn't remove the sd2vita while it is ux0, it's caused errors for me in the past, i would suggest you change it to umao and mem card back to uxo first in autoplugins app.
You can also dump the cartridges so they're playable on sd2vita.
Or you can use psvsd as a solution.

rmills55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay thank you. I mainly got it to out psp games on my vita, as I own almost every vita game I wanted! So if I set it to uma0 can I just unpkugnit at any point? And is the only real advantage that I can install psv on it? Thank you

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thank you. I mainly got it to out psp games on my vita, as I own almost every vita game I wanted! So if I set it to uma0 can I just unpkugnit at any point? And is the only real advantage that I can install psv on it? Thank you

Np, and yea you can set it up as uma0, use for psp games (just set to uma0 in adrenaline settings) and remove whenever you want i do so all the time without a problem. As long as you leave your mem card in you should always be able to change sd2vita from uma0 to ux0 and vice versa through autoplugin. And yes the only advantage of having sd2vita as ux0 is being able to play psv games from it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I got this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDHC5MV