Translation SD Gundam G Generation Overworld english translation

PiQue_MajorCooke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Thanks for the kind understanding of you guys.

I am a programmer working in my real life. Full time office works. A lot of things in real life to take care of.
So I can only works on this project in my free times when I am not too tired.
Everyone of our team have their own matters in their real life to take care of.
This project is just a hobby compared to real life stuffs.
Please understand us.

I found this group through Google searching just because I want to play this game in English.
And look like it is still far from completion so I decided to make it happen instead of just waiting for it to be completed.

Even though I have very little knowledge of Japanese and I am also not an English native speaker,
I joined the team anyway without any confident of how can I be of use in this project.

And thanks Jesus for these cool people, [user]ClashmanX[/user], [user]AdanK85[/user], [user]CleanSweep[/user] and [user]izzul95[/user] and also [user]breaktemp[/user].
I thank them for their heart for Gundam and for giving me such a chance to join into their team.
It's been almost a year now.. Wow.. How time pass by..

Since then I have learned a lot of Japanese (through on-line Dictionary), English, C# programming, Rom Hacking and Creating
in a way that I would never have learned otherwise.
I have also been able to create some useful tools in a way I have never done before..
C# working with Japanese language. What a good experience it is. :D

So thank you so much again, you guys, you are one of the best team I found. :)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Next year again... just when will it complete...
They will announce the release when it's done. Follow the thread for updates. Please don't bump the thread. You know how I feel about hype and "how soon" posts ;)

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't speak for the other members here, but I mark people with the "ignore" feature when they keep reply with "translation done yet" or "hurry up and just release the menu translation"

* again, once you are marked "ignore" we will not see any of your posts and, with that, will be unable to reply to you *

if you have so much free time to continually ask if the translation is finished...why not spend that time helping with said translation.

also, this reply is not directed at any one particular user...this is to every user I have "ignored" and those that continually ask for a date when the translation will be released.

on another note, to everyone actively working on this translation, you all are awesome and I really appreciate the hours you all continue to put into this project !!

Aircool

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there everyone,

I just made an account to make this post, firstly to say thank you for all the hard work that has undoubtedly gone into this project so far. I'm a Gundam fan and a fan of this genre of game, so I can't wait to see the completion of this patch. Secondly, I'd be willing to help the team with the completion of this project, I've been considering volunteering for the last few weeks and I have quite a lot of spare time so I think this is a good fit given my interest in the project. In September I'm going into my fourth year of computer science and enjoying working on projects in my spare time, and this would certainly qualify as something I would enjoy working on. I also took two semesters worth of Japanese in my first year, although I wouldn't say I possess adequate skills to be relied on as a translator, because Kanji is painful. That being said, any attempt at translating may help me to brush up on those skills and develop to the point where maybe I could become a translator of similar material, got to start somewhere right? To be clear, I have no experience rom hacking, but would love to learn if you have any time to teach (assuming you would even like my help). Sorry if you would have preferred a PM instead, and please keep up the good work! :)

PiQue_MajorCooke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hi, guys.

I have now truly discovered all of the 40 stages ID files.
I want to correct my wrong update last time as follow...

1) World Core Final is NOT include within ID14187 of World Core 4's ID as I mentioned before..
2) World Core Final's correct ID file is ID24226 (which was mistaken as Hell Final for a long time).
3) The correct Hell Final ID file is ID19455 (which is the mysterious ID file I discovered last time).
4) World Core 1's correct ID file is ID16970 (which was mistaken as World Core 3).
5) World Core 3's correct ID file is ID04233 (which was mistaken as World Core 1).

So.. The Conclusion of all 40 Stage ID Files is as follow..

[== Stage ID Files ==]

Intro Level ID25463

== World Tour ==
A-1 ID09451
A-2 ID19535
A-3 ID29459
A-4 ID06641
A-5 ID16648
A-6 ID26702
A-EX ID02654

B-1 ID21680
B-2 ID31682
B-3 ID08819
B-4 ID18896
B-5 ID28859
B-6 ID06033
B-EX ID12653

C-1 ID01077
C-2 ID11013
C-3 ID21072
C-4 ID31053
C-5 ID08193
C-6 ID18277
C-EX ID22687

D-1 ID13260
D-2 ID23274
D-3 ID00452
D-4 ID10388
D-5 ID20450
D-6 ID30458
D-EX ID32652

EX-Final ID09767

== World Core ==
Stage 1 ID16970
Stage 2 ID27033
Stage 3 ID04233
Stage 4 ID14187
Stage FINAL ID24226

== Over World ==
LAST ID19854
Hell 1 ID29806
Hell 2 ID06972
Hell 3 ID09372
Hell Final ID19455

AkihikoYori

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys, i just want to tell you all who are working in the project thanks for sharing a bit of your time to make this project possible, i undestand it will take a lot of time and work, honestly i want to help but i dunno how, if any one of the project could pm me to find a way in what i can help would be pretty nice. And again thanks for all the effort you guys are awesome! :yay:

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Bad news:
Haha... doing major assignmentS at the moment for my programming and physiology. Programming exam next week while Mid-semester exam coming up mid of June. . So, I am pretty much tied up with real life and the translation is going to be slow for the next few weeks. Running on a slow poke internet right now due to coverage issue. My next ISP is coming only on Monday. Anyway, will compensate for these once I am out of this "busy" cycle.

Good news:
Aircool joined the team and probably in the middle of adapting, provided that my english ain't that well. Bet he's scratching his head right about now as he tries to understand my work.
Cleansweep doing his edition works as usual. It's been like almost half a year since we joined forces and he's been coping up with all the edition work alone until recently. Mind you, edition of a non-native speaker 's english can be hazardous to health :X.
Pique has been developing his tools for the team and I can't recall what version it is now.... but it's improving everday.
Izzul gave us his translated A-stages file from A1-A4 and they might need a little tweak. I can see the efforts he has put into these files and the passion he had. So, props to him for trying to get the project started.
Crashman: possible collaboration between him and Aircool to figure out the hacking aspect. I'm clueless about this one. Haha.
As for the progress of translation...translation for world core is up to stage 3. World core stages are small files compared to A-D stages but as I mentioned, I'm super busy atm.

Main Progress:
Gbatemp has a new awesome look! :X

Reactions: breaktemp

CleanSweep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone has the right to remind people to behave.
That's less true on forums like this, where it's super easy for a mod to set up a thread notice at the top and bottom telling people to stop asking for when the game is going to come out, how much progress has been made, etc...

While the thread policing itself would be ideal, it's not quite practical when we get in this loop of "person asks when it's coming out/how much progress has been made, someone tells them that we don't know when, etc..." every month or so. As annoying as it is for you guys on the outside looking in, it's more annoying for us on the team, because it's clear that the person didn't read the thread, but we stay polite about it by ignoring them. We don't want the thread derailed or people infracted for accidentally causing an argument in the thread over such a minor thing, especially after a mod has already come in here to lay down the law.

blackmario62

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

Firstly let me congrats you for all the work already done it's amazing !! :D I'm also a Gundam fan and i love this game too :) That's why i want to know if i could support you in this work ? I found some useful informations by browsing this post and i want to start my own french translation of this game :) But i did miss one thing to start my adventure, i can't make global research on a japanese string with total commander :/ If anyone could help me it would be wonderful :) I have already search on Internet and on this post but i don't find any information on this trick :/

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french X)

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When searching for Japanese strings using Total commander this is the method I use:

If the string is Katakana:
Use this page (http://www.rikai.com/library/kanjitables/kanji_codes.sjis.shtml) to match Katakana characters to text I'm trying to locate. Punch the Katakana into MadEdit. Copy the hex string and put that into Total Commander's search function searching for Hex only. Watch magic happen.

If the string is mainly Kanji:
Start Overworld. Get the text I'm trying to locate on screen display. Translate said text using Google Translate, an app for my phone which will scan an image for Japanese text. Take the US version and have Google re-convert that into Japanese. Punch the Japanese into MadEdit. Copy the Hex String and put that into the Total Commander's search function searching for Hex only. Watch magic happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember me and friends would pirate movies at local libraries
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am super blessed 2 fiber runs to my house with competing companies lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lucky, I can't get yet in my hood
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got one friend that can't get fiber four houses down because of city lines
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Would be like $400 for them to install it
    Technically for a month there I had Frontier FIOS 500Mbps and Spectrum 1Gbps (they got me on Spectrum because it was a little cheaper for double the speed)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speedcum
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I mean what would you really need that fast for tho, 500mb streams 4k fine. 1gb should be fine for 8k eventually. That's what I just switched to Spermrum.
    I was funny to have both networks running lol
    It was cheaper lol
    The only reason I switched was $$$
    Might have only been like 7 bucks but thats like 84 dollars at the end of the year lol
    840 dollars after 10 years
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope I can be rich enough to pay all bills annually someday
    +2
    Not that I will save the money, rather I will just spend it on other crap lol
    lol just do autopay it's as lazy as it gets
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 tell uremum to start charging, then you keep the money
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I charge your wife rent at this point
    +1
    Now serving number E73
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good, maybe she will leave me the f alone, now I can drink, smoke, and play my games in peace!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The DMV giving citizens of Detroit empowerment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and with yourself :creep:
    +1
    As a reminder crack pipes left in the lobby will be thrown away, the DMV is not responsible for lost crack pipes!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Gotta give my fans what they want...