1. CrashmanX

CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    That was a sampler video show casing what we've done thus far and showing off tests.

THE TRANSLATION IS NOT OUT YET

2. Gnp

Gnp Newbie
    Newcomer

Thailand
  3. cyber17kun

cyber17kun Newbie
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    i want to play it soooooo much... XD
    thx btw for your workhard. keep fight!

4. Bucky699

Bucky699 Member
    Newcomer

Soooooo no posts for almost a month....you guys still alive? lol

Mateus Quinto Alves likes this.
  5. CrashmanX

United States
    We are, just not a lot to report. We've been busy with IRL stuff as well. We'll have an update soon enough.

6. Bucky699

Bucky699 Member
    Newcomer

Just checkin, hope you guys had a great Easter

7. AdanK85

AdanK85 Game Addict

Malaysia
    Rant:
    Damn assignments keep pouring non-stop!

Praise:
    Anyway, not much to announce lately except that Pique seems to fixed a lot of the in-game name after reviewing with the team. What makes this feat crazy is the fact he has to manually do them one by one in a hex editor (crazy ID19199).

Guilt:
    Near zero contribution from me in that department, names are aliens to me... most of them anyway unless they are the memorable ones. :X

Currently, playing "first letter of each heading" while waiting for "work" during my free time.

8. PiQue_MajorCooke

PiQue_MajorCooke Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Thailand
    Yeah. I just finished fixing A LOT OF character names in the database.dat few days ago.
    There're total of 747 names. Lot of tiny stuffs to look at.

Not much to report since they're all progressions in the background of the works we already announced.

9. CleanSweep

CleanSweep Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey guys, we found something interesting while working on the translation. While working on the huge ID19199 file that has tons of text in it, PiQue found a few references to Gundam AGE-3. That led to some digging and we found out that, like G-Saviour, AGE-3 was supposed to be a secret unit in this game, but that got scrapped for whatever reason (probably PSP size limitations). danikk did find enough of a test sprite sheet to whip this image together:
    [​IMG]

April Fools, everybody!

Special thanks to danikk for Photoshopping it into the overlay.

10. BetaXenon

BetaXenon Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    You guys are only ones who successfully fooled me this year. Thought in part because i seen this only 2nd April.

11. AdanK85

AdanK85 Game Addict

Malaysia
    I'm living in aus right now. When they were discussing on this joke, it was already 2nd April for me and I think this is a last minute attempt too. lolz.

Last edited by AdanK85, Apr 3, 2016
    PiQue_MajorCooke likes this.
  12. Bucky699

Bucky699 Member
    Newcomer

eh more evil april fools woulda been to do a suprise release :P

13. PiQue_MajorCooke

PiQue_MajorCooke Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Thailand
    Just a little joke to boost up our day's atmosphere. :D

14. danikk

danikk GBAtemp Regular

Hungary
    The HQ Texture Patch has been updated.

Download link in the original release post:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/sd-gund...glish-translation.369219/page-32#post-6051344

Changelogs:

Attack textures 1.2:
    • Fixed Akatsuki shiranui mode sword attack
    • New animation for the Nana Buluku missile and cannon attacks
    • Improved textures for White Base
    • Replaced melee attack for Ball Type K
    • Replaced evade/defend animation for
      • Zaku Warrior W (Rey Custom)
      • Zaku Warrior W (Meer Custom)
      • Netix
      • Rig contio
      • Leo (Ground Type)
      • 0 Gundam (Combat Colour)
    • Minor Improvements on some textures
    • Added replacement for the Decloaking Girty Lue on A3 (should belong in Map sprites, but this texture is in DATAINS.DNS)
    • Added replacement for the launching Archangel and Sumaragi on C4
    Map Sprites 1.1.3:
    • Fixed minor issues on the Akatsuki shiranui mode sprite
    • Fixed Alpha Aizeru
    • Fixed minor issues on Shianju, Zaku III and Dreissen
    • Added replacements for the statues on Hell 3 (Fearsome Heroes)

Last edited by danikk, Apr 5, 2016
  15. breaktemp

breaktemp D-Sun who was called D-Moon

United States
    Whew, looks like things are progressing along just fine ^_^"

Great job on the april fools joke !!

For those that remember, gundam age had just started to air after this game was released.

I was really surprised AGE-2 was a secret unit in the game, but i know for sure that no AGE-3 units or characters would be in this game.

Also, the updated HQ Texture pack is looking great !

This translation seems to have reached a great pace...looking forward to more videos/pictures in the coming months.

Fon Spaak likes this.
  16. AdanK85

AdanK85 Game Addict

Malaysia
    Er... not sure what else to post. Clean is kinda busy lately. I kinda joined in and finished the system translation of eboot.bin (I hope. Skipped those 1-3 characters terms since I'm not sure they are codes or not), which means this file only awaits insertion/edition.

The complex ones like ID19199 is kinda hard to help since there's no available site that can provide the accessibly like that of google docs in hex editor format. Clean once made a full extract more than 2000++ (? don't quite remember) pages with lot blanks and that's when we figured that we should just extract part of it (i.e dying/ low health messages) and get it translated. With the translation done for those, we're leaving the insertion totally to Pique while he tinkers with the parameters and other remaining system that needs translation.

Editing is now hovering at D stages. Once D stages are done, world core and overworld stages should be fast since most of the lines are original (They are shorter + less confusing than A-D thanks to those cross-overs. *Note: our script doesn't have character name*).

Danikk's found the text images for "defensive type" and we translated this too. The special events were mostly done as well with clean already edited most of it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, really thinking if we should recruit editors again but re-training from scratch is a pain and they might just go tarzan after a week or so again. Bolded because it really hurts morale. The only one who can train new editor is none other than our sole editor right now, which is Cleansweep. And mind you, he's overloaded with work. Blah... enough ranting and this is my own thought. :X

PiQue_MajorCooke and CrashmanX like this.
  17. Bucky699

Bucky699 Member
    Newcomer

Out of curiosity can anyone recommend any other mecha based SRPGs other than SD gundam for me to play? preferably English ones or at least with english menus/basics translations. Dosnt have to be PSP.

18. CrashmanX

United States
    Super Robot Wars would be the next set of titles I'd recommend with similar gameplay to G Gen.

AdanK85 likes this.
  19. BetaXenon

BetaXenon Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Russia
    Main Front Misson entries (personally I recommend Front Mission 1, 3, 5, thought over good too), Epica Stella (Vanguard Bandits) which, because it's game for PS1, can easily be converted and played on PSP, Ring of Red maybe? It's quite a problematic to launch in emulator (but possible) and even on real PS2. But it's quite interesting game, srpg+hmmm, cowboy gunfight? But mech's there not robots, they legged tanks.
    Mechcommander 1 and 2, of course, preferably already modded. And i am not sure, but you can try Crescent Hawks Revenge (second entry of Crescent Hawks) but this game is VERY old.

20. AdanK85

AdanK85 Game Addict

Malaysia
    Wow... those are nostalgic games there. Yea, if you don't mind graphics, those are pretty good recommendation. I wonder why I forgot about front mission though. I still think FM3 is my personal favorite, storyline/gameplay wise and the universe's information is pretty detailed.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - translation, Generation, Overworld