Sd card just stopped working

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Agim iljazi, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Agim iljazi
    OP

Agim iljazi Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    So sd card was fine then get message unable to find sd card .Have tried different sd cards . Could the sd card reader be faulty ?

Error code is 2016-0641.
    Looking for help before I send it to Nintendo . Has been factory reset bit still no different .

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
  3. Agim iljazi
    OP

Agim iljazi Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
  4. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    This is my main concern with the Switch. I always feel like constantly taking the sd card in and out is either gonna wear out the reader or the card itself. I really hope someone can implement usb transfer soon (ftp is ok but relatively slow).

5. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    E8 lattice
    You mean like mounting the sd card through usb as tegrarcmgui can do? Or memloader?

Last edited by Mr. Wizard, Aug 20, 2018
  6. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    I used to worry about wearing out my microSD card reader too, with constantly taking it out and putting it back in, swapping XCI files and whatnot, and also started considering mounting my Switch instead via USB (because FTP is supposedly quite slow).

Then I learned that replacing the card reader is a solderless job, you literally just remove some screws, remove the old reader's ribbon cable, insert the new one into the connector, and screw everything back in.
    And it's cheap to get a replacement too, like this one on Aliexpress:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...rd-Reader-Slot-Socket/630443_32858107294.html

Whereas replacing the USB port involves desoldering the old one and soldering in a new USB port... I definitely can't do something like that on my own.

lordelan, Leolas123 and mdmachine like this.
  7. lolboy

lolboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
    I have this concern aswel. Beside SD port I am also concerned about the USB port (wear out) because I dock and charge it few times a day :unsure:

8. Agim iljazi
    OP

Agim iljazi Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    As it's in warranty and not banned I won't be attempting any fix. But after the warranty has expired ill definatley be attempting fixes .

9. error2016

error2016 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2018
    United Kingdom
    this has happened to me too! I sent mine in for repair as well, unfortunately I'm out of warranty though

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Let me know how you get on and what nintendo say to you!

10. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    The entire nsp/xci installer/loader should have network support. My guess is its not yet known how to do that .