Hacking Sd card just stopped working

Agim iljazi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So sd card was fine then get message unable to find sd card .Have tried different sd cards . Could the sd card reader be faulty ?

Error code is 2016-0641.
Looking for help before I send it to Nintendo . Has been factory reset bit still no different .

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is my main concern with the Switch. I always feel like constantly taking the sd card in and out is either gonna wear out the reader or the card itself. I really hope someone can implement usb transfer soon (ftp is ok but relatively slow).

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is my main concern with the Switch. I always feel like constantly taking the sd card in and out is either gonna wear out the reader or the card itself. I really hope someone can implement usb transfer soon (ftp is ok but relatively slow).
You mean like mounting the sd card through usb as tegrarcmgui can do? Or memloader?

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I used to worry about wearing out my microSD card reader too, with constantly taking it out and putting it back in, swapping XCI files and whatnot, and also started considering mounting my Switch instead via USB (because FTP is supposedly quite slow).

Then I learned that replacing the card reader is a solderless job, you literally just remove some screws, remove the old reader's ribbon cable, insert the new one into the connector, and screw everything back in.
And it's cheap to get a replacement too, like this one on Aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...rd-Reader-Slot-Socket/630443_32858107294.html

Whereas replacing the USB port involves desoldering the old one and soldering in a new USB port... I definitely can't do something like that on my own.

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I have this concern aswel. Beside SD port I am also concerned about the USB port (wear out) because I dock and charge it few times a day :unsure:

Agim iljazi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used to worry about wearing out my microSD card reader too, with constantly taking it out and putting it back in, swapping XCI files and whatnot, and also started considering mounting my Switch instead via USB (because FTP is supposedly quite slow).

Then I learned that replacing the card reader is a solderless job, you literally just remove some screws, remove the old reader's ribbon cable, insert the new one into the connector, and screw everything back in.
And it's cheap to get a replacement too, like this one on Aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...rd-Reader-Slot-Socket/630443_32858107294.html

Whereas replacing the USB port involves desoldering the old one and soldering in a new USB port... I definitely can't do something like that on my own.

As it's in warranty and not banned I won't be attempting any fix. But after the warranty has expired ill definatley be attempting fixes .

error2016

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As it's in warranty and not banned I won't be attempting any fix. But after the warranty has expired ill definatley be attempting fixes .

this has happened to me too! I sent mine in for repair as well, unfortunately I'm out of warranty though

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this has happened to me too! I sent mine in for repair as well, unfortunately I'm out of warranty though

Let me know how you get on and what nintendo say to you!

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The entire nsp/xci installer/loader should have network support. My guess is its not yet known how to do that .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.