Homebrew Question SD Card can be read by switch, but no other devices

MrDaveIsAwesome

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, I come with a very strange issue. My friend recently wanted me to hack his switch, and it came with a 8gb sd card that has some dlc or save data or something? I cant tell. But regardless, the switch can read the data fine. When I plug it into my pc it doesn't read. When i plug it into my android phone (I have tried 2) neither work, and say the SD card is corrupted.

I have no idea how to resolve this, but I was curious if anyone here had any idea what I could do? I thought of a couple options but they all seem to have issues
  1. Connect switch to computer and use the file explorer thing with tegra - Starts the application, but then tegra says the driver is not found (it is actually present, I can inject). Switch starts that payload but obviously i cannot connect
  2. Start switch with 8gb card inserted and run ftp/shell to move the files to the switch and then restart, and move those files to the new sd card - Wouldnt be able to load .bin for CFW onto the microsd card, since I cannot read it (lol)
  3. Install shell/ftp as an NSP and then restart with 8gb card in slot and load installed application - cannot find NSP's of these applications, and also I would need signature patches to run the app (see 2)
Does anyone have an idea of a possible solution? It seems like a pretty lost cause, but I don't want to just dump all that lol.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello guys, I come with a very strange issue. My friend recently wanted me to hack his switch, and it came with a 8gb sd card that has some dlc or save data or something? I cant tell. But regardless, the switch can read the data fine. When I plug it into my pc it doesn't read. When i plug it into my android phone (I have tried 2) neither work, and say the SD card is corrupted.

I have no idea how to resolve this, but I was curious if anyone here had any idea what I could do? I thought of a couple options but they all seem to have issues
  1. Connect switch to computer and use the file explorer thing with tegra - Starts the application, but then tegra says the driver is not found (it is actually present, I can inject). Switch starts that payload but obviously i cannot connect
  2. Start switch with 8gb card inserted and run ftp/shell to move the files to the switch and then restart, and move those files to the new sd card - Wouldnt be able to load .bin for CFW onto the microsd card, since I cannot read it (lol)
  3. Install shell/ftp as an NSP and then restart with 8gb card in slot and load installed application - cannot find NSP's of these applications, and also I would need signature patches to run the app (see 2)
Does anyone have an idea of a possible solution? It seems like a pretty lost cause, but I don't want to just dump all that lol.
By file explorer thing you mean memloader? You may have to install the driver again once in memloader. At least that is the case when using USB in HOS, though it uses the same driver the device ID is different so it's seen as a different device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol