Homebrew COMPLETED ScummVM

CTBC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
cpasjuste: Like my work? Offer me a beer! :)

Tried to leave a paypal gift to you but credit card company takes a fee for doing f**k all !!!

lostdotfish

Trophies
XP
Country
It's enabled, but didn't try it out.

I'll try it now - last stupid question - does everything need to go in the /switch/ directory (i.e. /switch/data/ and /switch/scummvm.nro)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll try it now - last stupid question - does everything need to go in the /switch/ directory (i.e. /switch/data/ and /switch/scummvm.nro)

Fixed my own problem. Initial test shows MT-32 working. Perfect. Hold my beer while I go stop some Nazis raiding Atlantis

Angelus3K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested Broken Sword 1 and working great. This port is even better than the RetroArch version. I also tested LSL6CD which if you check through this thread I’ve whinged about Sierra games not working at all for me and this game now works perfectly too!! Thanks Cpasjuste!!

Reactions: cpasjuste

lostdotfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure how hard it'd be, but it'd be great if we could move the mouse movement onto the right joycon. You'd essentially be able to play on a single joycon then.

Reactions: cpasjuste

Angelus3K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you "found" the mt-32 roms and placed them in your Extras directory? It's working fine for me and makes the world of difference.

Ah right I will try that thanks. MT32 is way better however Adlib/Soundblaster is so nostalgic for me I can’t play long without those dinky tunes playing lol

CTBC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you "found" the mt-32 roms and placed them in your Extras directory? It's working fine for me and makes the world of difference.
Hi, I have 3 ROMs:
a) MT32_CONTROL.1987-10-07.v1.07
b) MT32_CONTROL.1988-09-30.vX.XX-patched
c) MT32_PCM
Do I make a new "Extras" directory and place 2 of the 3 files into it ? Do I need to rename the "Control" rom file ?

Also :)
default gfx is 2x fullscreen. The game is rendered at 2x the resolution, and (linear) scaled to fit screen. My personnal choice would be fullscreen tv2x thought. 3x fullscreen/windowed is probably a good choice too (less "linear blur")
Have these recommended settings changed since "SDL2 OpenGL ES2 renderer" was updated ?

Last edited by CTBC,

lostdotfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have 3 ROMs:
a) MT32_CONTROL.1987-10-07.v1.07
b) MT32_CONTROL.1988-09-30.vX.XX-patched
c) MT32_PCM

MT32 PCM.ROM
MT32 CONTROL.ROM

Are the 2 ROMs I have. You can put them wherever you like then set the Extras directory in ScummVM Paths settings.

Reactions: CTBC

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi cpasjuste, thanks for this new release, which works beautifully on my 4.1.0 firmware under Rajnx. Previous builds always crashed my Switch when trying to launch a game (any of them)
Now I can enjoy one of my preferred homebrew with the best games in the world (IMO) :grog:

BTW it seems the file browser is a little bit broken. When I want to add a game and click "Go Up" ("Remonter") to go to the root of my sdcard, this is what happens :

by default, it shows the scummvm folder (normal behavior)
sdmc:/switch/scummvm

upload_2018-10-21_11-49-0.png

I hit "Go Up", it shows the switch folder (normal behavior)
sdmc:/switch

upload_2018-10-21_11-49-18.png

I hit "Go up" again, now it shows the scummvm folder instead of the root of my sdcard :unsure:
sdmc:

upload_2018-10-21_11-49-37.png

Is the missing slash at the end of "sdmc:" normal ? Or can it explain this "bug" ? I'd like to add games which are stored in my "romdata" folder at the root of my sdcard (I always use this structure : sdmc:/romdata/scumm) but I can't reach this folder. For now, I put my "scumm" folder inside scummvm's one, and everything works nicely...

Can you confirm this is a "bug" ?

Angelus3K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi cpasjuste, thanks for this new release, which works beautifully on my 4.1.0 firmware under Rajnx. Previous builds always crashed my Switch when trying to launch a game (any of them)
Now I can enjoy one of my preferred homebrew with the best games in the world (IMO) :grog:

BTW it seems the file browser is a little bit broken. When I want to add a game and click "Go Up" ("Remonter") to go to the root of my sdcard, this is what happens :

by default, it shows the scummvm folder (normal behavior)
sdmc:/switch/scummvm

View attachment 147243

I hit "Go Up", it shows the switch folder (normal behavior)
sdmc:/switch

View attachment 147244

I hit "Go up" again, now it shows the scummvm folder instead of the root of my sdcard :unsure:
sdmc:

View attachment 147245

Is the missing slash at the end of "sdmc:" normal ? Or can it explain this "bug" ? I'd like to add games which are stored in my "romdata" folder at the root of my sdcard (I always use this structure : sdmc:/romdata/scumm) but I can't reach this folder. For now, I put my "scumm" folder inside scummvm's one, and everything works nicely...

Can you confirm this is a "bug" ?

Yea I also had this problem of not being able to access root. Moved my games folder inside the ScummVM folder and problem solved.

Also popped the MT-32 files into extras directory and MT-32 working great now!

reexe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Now works when using custom themes on horizon! Im rly happy! :D
However the bug where the mouse pointer is a little off still applies when I set the following settings:
touchpad_mouse_mode=false
aspect_ratio=true
Its like the mouse pointer ends up in the place it should have gone if aspect_ratio was set to false.

Great work :grog:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just also found out that sound still crackles after powering up from sleep mode.
Im still pretty happy tho ;)
EDIT: Tested on Simon the sorcerer

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Since thanks to the new hblauncher and the new hbmenu video recording now works ingame - here is a short little something that was recorded in scummvm on a switch. :)

Sound in the recordings is still missing (seemingly with all homebrew apps).

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: uludag

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Rye would get shot at sight. +1