Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hadrian said:
mehrab2603 said:
i never thought i would say this but this game is only possible on the ds and no other console.
Not really, its possible on many of them. Might even be better on others.

If this was on the PC it'll probably become one of the most played time wasters. Just like Tetris, Bejeweled & Solitaire.

Yep.. this game could be even better on PC or iPhone..

On other consoles, the gameplay would suffer from the lack of a proper input device, typing long words using a d-pad and buttons can get tedious. I could see it working with voice recognition and NATAL. But voice recognition is a pain in the ass.. 5th Cell is not using it on the DS for a reason
tongue.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
On other consoles, the gameplay would suffer from the lack of a proper input device, typing long words using a d-pad and buttons can get tedious. I could see it working with voice recognition and NATAL. But voice recognition is a pain in the ass.. 5th Cell is not using it on the DS for a reason
tongue.gif
Well the PS3 and 360 has a keyboard you can buy and on the Wii you can just plug in a USB keyboard.

Would be cumbersome on PSP but I can see a iPhone/iTouch/mobile (touchscreen, using the txt keys would annoy me) version.

To me 5th Cell are using the DS as its the system they're most comfortable with, which is nice. To be honest even if there were other versions I'd play the DS one as it is one of those games you just switch on every now and again when you get a word in your head you wanna try, plus my PC isn't on all the time like other peoples.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
"Well the PS3 and 360 has a keyboard you can buy and on the Wii you can just plug in a USB keyboard."

But in fact, nobody plays with a keyboard or a mouse on their console. So if Scribblenauts was released on Xbox360/PS3 almost everyone would use the D-pad instead of a keyboard.

On iPhone, I don't know. The touchscreen isn't very accurate using fingers, a stylus is better for those games.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kotaku are currently doing a live word test:

QUOTE said:
For the next hour, if you write a concrete, kid-friendly noun, I will try to test it in Scribblenauts. The DS game should render your nouns as objects. I'll attempt to keep up in the comments and report back.

I will ignore bad words, so don't waste my time.

Look for a preview of Scribblenauts' gameplay next week. For now, let's mess around with turning words into virtual objects in the game's menu screen.

I'll start: I typed "boy," and a boy appeared. I typed "blob" and a blob appeared and attacked the boy.

I typed "president" and got a white guy in a suit. I typed "Republican and got the same guy." I typed Democrat and again got that guy.

Suggestions?

http://kotaku.com/5327438/scribblenauts-li...t-say-the-words

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
Kotaku are currently doing a live word test:

QUOTE said:
For the next hour, if you write a concrete, kid-friendly noun, I will try to test it in Scribblenauts. The DS game should render your nouns as objects. I'll attempt to keep up in the comments and report back.

I will ignore bad words, so don't waste my time.

Look for a preview of Scribblenauts' gameplay next week. For now, let's mess around with turning words into virtual objects in the game's menu screen.

I'll start: I typed "boy," and a boy appeared. I typed "blob" and a blob appeared and attacked the boy.

I typed "president" and got a white guy in a suit. I typed "Republican and got the same guy." I typed Democrat and again got that guy.

Suggestions?

http://kotaku.com/5327438/scribblenauts-li...t-say-the-words
Lol Say Democrat - you get obama. say Republican get John Mccain
biggrin.gif

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What members requested and what Stephen Totilo from Kataku got:

Format:
[Member request] = [result as posted by Stephen]

laser shark = just got a big shark
Spartan = Spartan got me a warrior guy with a spear and a red headband
MacGuffin = Nothing
Shofar = Shofar appeared. It's a musical instrument, right? Like a bent horn?
Octogan = not there
Video Game = renders a Game Boy-looking handheld
Goth = made a vampire.
Game journalist = White guy in brown pants, white shirt, orange vest, brown hat
Blood = made a bat
DNA = made one of those atomic-looking symbols with a nucleus or whatever and a few orbits for protons.
Rick 'Roll = White guy in a white shirt and tie. Throws his hands in the air, Shakes his feet. Disappears.
Big Daddy = Nothing
Feminist = Nothing. recommended femtochemist
DS = DS isn't in there. It suggests DPSS, which turns out to be a gun.
Earthquake = isn't in there. Suggested Eagle, Earthenware, Earthnut Pea
Hubris = That's not a concrete noun, buddy
kite = little diamond-shaped kite
Dragon = Offered me a dragon animal or a dragon weapon. I went with weapon and it made a shotgun looking thing
Bass = bass gave me a fish
Teleport = Whoa. I made one, stepped on it and warped into a level of the game called University
Shoryuken = Nothing
Umbrella = IN there, of course. A blue one
Pandora's box = Basic wooden crate appeared
Polymorph = Suggested polygraph
Noob = Got a guy in a kilt. What's up with that?
Motorcycle = In there, of course. The noob is now riding it
Werewolf = Werewolf with a very big wolf head
Corpse = got me a dead blue guy
Vulture = got me a vulture that pecked at dead blue guy and made him vanish in a puff of smoke.
Priest = priest is in black vestments. running away from werewolf
Beelzebub = not in there
Canada = No proper nouns. Suggested Cicada
Giant Skunk = got me a regular sized skunk
Resin = got a gray blob
Needs moar chimera =Voila! Giant lion with wings and a snake tail
Mario = No Mario, of course. What kind of licensing did you think they would do?
Gerbil = Made a gerbil. Chimera ate gerbil.
Black Hole = Made a vortex. then everyhing went black. Now I'm back with all my creations gone
Rubber chicken = Wants to know if I mean Chicken the animal or chicken the food
PSP = Of course not. Recommended PSU, POP, PJS
Taser = You get a little spaceman looking guy
Mexican Wrestler = Got a shirtless man
Red Herring = Got a herring. Looks kinds brown
sasquatch = A large sasquatch appeared. He's not bothering the dentist
Cyborg = cyborg was attacking sasquatch, but sasquatch won
Durian = Made a Durian. Fed it to sasquatch
Influenza = Not in there
Holy Hand Grenade = Got a hand grenade
Bowl = Shockingly, a bowl appeared
Batman = No proper names. Recommended Barman, Best Man, Butaman
Rock Band = Got a guy in a tux with a white bow tie.
Zeus = nothing
Xbox 360 = can't do numbers
Michael Jackcon = doesn't do proper nouns
Donkey Wheel = Got a wheel that would be on a wagon a donkey would pull
Saveloy = nope. you stumped it. It recommended Shadblow, swallow, shoveler
Melon = yellow melon
Tortilla = Dentist ate that too
Cabbage = Green cabbage. Put it on the floor and the shrunken dentist ran up to it. I think she ate it.
Spork = Maxwell now wields a spork
Dentist = Not only did I get a dentist, but I shot him/her with the shrink ray. She shrank and ran away.
Shrink Ray = Rendered a little zapper. I put it in the hero, Maxwell's hand. Got nothing to shoot it at since you were first.

Cockatiel = It's flying near sasquatch
dromedary = Not in there. Weird!

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Noob = Got a guy in a kilt. What's up with that?

lol wtf?

Anyway, I cannot wait for this game. Has wifi been confirmed? If so, is it just level-sharing or actual multiplayer? What about local multiplayer?

Donato_Dobango

OP
Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, if it were out on the PC I don't see it actually generating money or getting past maybe the Desktop Tower Defense stage. There would be small packets of fans here and there but no centralized group and it'd be easy to hack into the game to see the word list. That and WB Games don't really have a good track record with PC releases.

Wii would be the next best bet but word input would be a bitch and a half.

360 Live Arcade is also a possibility but honestly, not many people use keyboards or the chat pad on their controllers. Plus truly brilliant games tend to be overpriced and then quickly washed aside for retro remakes. I speak as someone who has purchased over 30+ Arcade titles, it's just the nature of the beast. A game that's godlike like Peggle Dual Shot becomes just another game on the 360, and I own both.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Shuny said:
"Well the PS3 and 360 has a keyboard you can buy and on the Wii you can just plug in a USB keyboard."

But in fact, nobody plays with a keyboard or a mouse on their console. So if Scribblenauts was released on Xbox360/PS3 almost everyone would use the D-pad instead of a keyboard.

On iPhone, I don't know. The touchscreen isn't very accurate using fingers, a stylus is better for those games.
The finger tracking on the touch screen is actually pretty damn accurate for you information, if you actually own and use an iPhone/iPod Touch you would know this (like me
tongue.gif
).

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps being on the PC would allow user made item packs, but I highly doubt that.

The game still looks promising but to tell you the truth, i'm starting to have a few doubts. One is the control which really plays a big factor and the other is the word list. From what I've seen a bunch of stuff is in there, however I really would have liked for the adjectives to actually have the effects, but that can't be done I guess.

Aeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Scribblenauts came to PC, the possibilities would be endless. I can just see the piles upon piles of mods, the never ending list of downloadable levels made with a map editor. We could have any kind of item we wanted. Even more impressive, we could enhance the way items act together so that you could actually get unique chemical reactions as was discussed a few pages back.

It would have gigantic potential, really.

Aeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean like a Wacom tablet, so you can still drag stuff around? Or am I thinking of an entirely wrong tablet here? xD

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scribblenauts would be great for PC. Everything would be controlled with the mouse, but when you want to spawn something, you just start typing

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
LOL, Spartan defeated Cthulu when God died fighting it? I wonder how they programme the level of power of the characters.

Edit: Then according to CruddyBuddy, it appears its random.

So.... can gerbil pwn chimera instead?

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
Domination said:
LOL, Spartan defeated Cthulu when God died fighting it? I wonder how they programme the level of power of the characters.

They didn't, it's all random/hit point based. I've "heard that" spawning God & Cthulhu multiple times does not always result in God losing. In fact "someone" has tried this and has seen stuff like a thief defeat Cthulhu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe