Screwed up Microsd card

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by sheldon3, Jan 7, 2008.

1. sheldon3
    OP

sheldon3 Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2007
    United States
    Ok I have a micro sd card. It's a 1gb PQI Micro Sd. It's corrupted I think. It won't read when I put it into my sd card adapter or when I put it into my usb adapter but when I put it into my phone and connect the phone to my computer, the computer can read it. It says that I have to format the card if I want to use it so I click ok. So in the format screen I have:

Capacity:
    Unknown capacity

File System:
    Fat (Default)
    NTFS

Allocation unit size:

Default allocation size
    (etc) a bunch of numbers followed by bytes or kilobytes

So I tried formatting it in fat, default allocation size and the other ones. I also tried quick format and full format.
    I then tried the same thing with NTFS.

At 0% it said windows was unable to complete the format. Any help?

By the way the phone I used is a Motorola RED KRZR K1 and my computer is Vista (Home edition)

2. kratosauron0

kratosauron0 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2007
    United States
    i have this problem too, can someone please help?

3. iritegood

iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2007
    United States
    I have the same microSD. I was hoping that it wasn't just out of plain stupidity that I corrupted it.
    What happens when you plug it into the computer and try to open it up. Does it say "Please insert a disk into drive []"?

4. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Jul 2, 2007
    Brazil
    use a camera to format it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice