Scratched Warcraft 3 disk

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by notnarb, Feb 18, 2008.

1. notnarb
    OP

notnarb Not narbing it up

Jun 18, 2007
    Thanks to my sister, I have found my frozen throne disk to be hella scratched. My computer will recognize the disk, but wont do anything if I try to run one of the contained files. Should I find an iso and burn it or is there some way to recover the data? I just need to install it, thanks to the newly released no-CD patch from Blizzard. Since the game requires a CD key to be installed and a unique one to connect to Battle.net, I'm going to assume this is out of the 'warez, etc' category

2. Tweaked

Tweaked GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2008
    Canada
    uhhh this falls into gray area, i believe its alright to ask the question technically.

But for anyone to awnser the question, they would be breaking the rules.

On a totally unrelated note, you should add my msn as i too like warcraft 3, spiked_u@hotmail.com.

3. Samutz

Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

Oct 4, 2004
    United States
    See that hole in your wall?
    I would say just download the ISO unless you can borrow a CD from someone else.

As far as "grey area" goes, we do tell people to re-download their roms/isos when they have bad copies. This isn't much different. Just can't give links.

4. juggernaut911

juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    kinad same issue just for lag and for Oblivion, what to do? rip then burn disc? if so, what software and is there a certain way to burn it?

5. simoonsoon

simoonsoon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2007
    United States
    ANGWIN CALI
    the new wc3 patch allows you to play wc3 without the cd

6. notnarb
    OP

notnarb Not narbing it up

Jun 18, 2007
    if that is a question, yes, it works perfectly, if that is a statement, feel free to read my original post before replying to it [​IMG]

7. fischju

fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

Jan 11, 2008
    United States
    Pirate it. If you have the CD key, just put that into whatever field when it asks rather than using a crack.