Scratched Warcraft 3 disk

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by notnarb, Feb 18, 2008.

Feb 18, 2008

Scratched Warcraft 3 disk by notnarb at 3:16 AM (1,001 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. notnarb
    OP

Member notnarb Not narbing it up

Thanks to my sister, I have found my frozen throne disk to be hella scratched. My computer will recognize the disk, but wont do anything if I try to run one of the contained files. Should I find an iso and burn it or is there some way to recover the data? I just need to install it, thanks to the newly released no-CD patch from Blizzard. Since the game requires a CD key to be installed and a unique one to connect to Battle.net, I'm going to assume this is out of the 'warez, etc' category

2. Tweaked

Member Tweaked GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    uhhh this falls into gray area, i believe its alright to ask the question technically.

But for anyone to awnser the question, they would be breaking the rules.

On a totally unrelated note, you should add my msn as i too like warcraft 3, spiked_u@hotmail.com.

3. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    I would say just download the ISO unless you can borrow a CD from someone else.

As far as "grey area" goes, we do tell people to re-download their roms/isos when they have bad copies. This isn't much different. Just can't give links.

4. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    kinad same issue just for lag and for Oblivion, what to do? rip then burn disc? if so, what software and is there a certain way to burn it?

5. simoonsoon

Newcomer simoonsoon Advanced Member

United States
    the new wc3 patch allows you to play wc3 without the cd

6. notnarb
    OP

Member notnarb Not narbing it up

if that is a question, yes, it works perfectly, if that is a statement, feel free to read my original post before replying to it [​IMG]

7. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    Pirate it. If you have the CD key, just put that into whatever field when it asks rather than using a crack.